Lewd_Squirrel

Stairway To Heaven/ Highway To Hell

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 10:55, msc said:

Hearing from mutual pals, and its all over his Facebook wall: Ted McKenna, drummer for The Sensational Alex Harvey Band and then for Rory Gallagher, apparently dead after a sudden hemorrhage.  :(

EDIT - obit, and on BBC Scotland now

https://www.loudersound.com/news/ted-mckenna-drummer-with-rory-gallagher-sahb-michael-schenker-dead-at-68

They are declaring that Hugh McKenna, keyboard player for SAHB, is dead all over Twitter.

Nowt official mind.

21 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

They are declaring that Hugh McKenna, keyboard player for SAHB, is dead all over Twitter.

Nowt official mind.

Just heard off a mutual pal so likely true. SAHBs are falling like dominoes now. :(

• Sad 1

Just now, msc said:

Just heard off a mutual pal so likely true. SAHBs are falling like dominoes now. :(

Both McKennas bookending the year. Sad.

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Both McKennas bookending the year. Sad.

Hugh had been quite ill for a while, and I think Ted's (entirely unexpected) death hit the rest of them hard.

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Dropped him as I didn't think he'd be unique this year, which he would have been. If the sepsis couldn't get him in 2019, then he's sturdy enough I feel.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/falling-in-reverse-guitarist-derek-jones-dead-at-35/

Derek Jones, guitarist of post hardcore/metal act Falling In Reverse has passed away aged 35. Ronnie Radke has paid tribute on twitter.

Cause of death has not been released but my guess is suicide. He lost his wife to cancer a few months ago.

Also, I'll make the joke already:

Guess he really did fall in reverse

I'm  here all night.

Queen Guitarist Brian May has been hospitalized after he ripped his gluteus maximus. No, this is not the butt of a joke...

10 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Queen Guitarist Brian May has been hospitalized after he ripped his gluteus maximus. No, this is not the butt of a joke...

He was on telly a few hours ago looking prety healthy.... 

Sheer Heart Attack for Brian May.

They seem to have caught it in time if hes on Instagram about it.

• Shocked 2

49 minutes ago, msc said:

The more interesting part for deadpooling purposes is that he took stents over a triple heart bypass. So don't expect him to make it to his late 80s or 90s....

Brian said there was pressure for him to have open heart surgery, and that a lot of people told him if he didn't do it, and have a triple bypass, he was "throwing away" his only opportunity and that he'd regret it for the rest of his life.

After thinking about it, he went for the stents.

He said: "It wasn't that easy, but the only reason it wasn't easy for me was because of the pain, the excruciating pain I had in my leg, if it wasn't for that it would have been a doddle.

53 minutes ago, msc said:

And so soon after Sheer Buttock Attack, the little publicity whore. He's really rocking the Samuel Pepys look these days.

• Haha 1

Brian is usually a healthy guy considering he's vegetarian/vegan and goes on his exercise machine near daily (he records it).

Here is his full video on his Youtube:

He seems to be giving his heart a test because he's back at it playing his guitar:

• Like 1

Meanwhile we've found the reason why Nicholas Hoult is so famous:

image.thumb.png.21fcae4b319e037c660084913145e451.png

• Haha 2

Nowt to do with impending metal death but...

Greatly enjoying this irreverent romp through the history of the whole genre despite the author's over-fondness for footnotes and in-jokes. Rich on marginal details which may or may not  include the stories of Roger Tullgren (Swede so addicted to heavy metal he's basically on disability benefit and exempted from any expectation of holding down full-time employment) and Cleethorpes comedy metal titans OCD who opened their account with a ten track album all songs on which have the same chord sequence and last exactly four minutes and one second. You'll only know if I'm shitting yers if you buy your own copy and read it!

61eXuaY72SL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

14 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Martin Birch, a producer for the likes of Iron Maiden, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Whitesnake and Deep Purple, has died. He was 71.

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2020/08/09/prolific-rock-and-metal-producer-martin-birch-dead-at-71/

Started with Peter Green in Fleetwood Mac as a sound engineer, worked on the mixes for every album of the Jon Lord era of Deep Purple, produced the first Ronnie Dio Black Sabbath albums and the various Deep Purple splinter groups, as well as being producer for all of Iron Maiden's great 80s albums and hits, right up to Fear of the Dark in 1992. Hell of a CV.

18 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Martin Birch, a producer for the likes of Iron Maiden, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Whitesnake and Deep Purple, has died. He was 71.

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2020/08/09/prolific-rock-and-metal-producer-martin-birch-dead-at-71/

Aye, just added Purple's Highway Star to the folder for the list of the lost show

Lyrics the likes of which you seldom find "Nobody gonna take my girl, I gonna keep her to the end, nobody gonna take my girl, she stays close on every bend, ooh, she's a killing machine...I love her, I need her, I seed her"

• Like 1