Lewd_Squirrel

Stairway To Heaven/ Highway To Hell

8 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Gared O'Donnell, frontman for rock band "Planes Mistaken For Stars" dead of esophageal cancer at 44:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/planes-mistaken-stars-rocker-gared-25545837

Lots of QOs, and actually a public cancer case, but nobody thought he'd obit.

Yeah, he was an alt obits reject pick for me but I too thought he was a no chance of getting an obit

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Yeah, he was an alt obits reject pick for me but I too thought he was a no chance of getting an obit

Surprised he was rejected considering the music folk who get accepted. Seemed pretty eligible. 

16 hours ago, Banana said:

Surprised he was rejected considering the music folk who get accepted. Seemed pretty eligible. 

Which is why I quit after one year.  The egotist who runs it is a joke.

Frankly I’ve never heard of this band but that’s a band that should have been allowed.

SC

On 26/11/2021 at 08:11, gcreptile said:

Gared O'Donnell, frontman for rock band "Planes Mistaken For Stars" dead of esophageal cancer at 44:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/planes-mistaken-stars-rocker-gared-25545837

Lots of QOs, and actually a public cancer case, but nobody thought he'd obit.

Would he have been accepted for the DDP?

13 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Would he have been accepted for the DDP?

In my opinion, yes.

I wonder if ole Rolfie will be available to sing a tune at the funeral...

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Led Zeppelin's tour manager Richard Cole (wiki), dead at 75.

Allegedly a key player in highly mythologised Mud Shark Incident, though considered a teller of tall tales by most of the Zep crew. They don’t make em like Cole anymore, thank god. He’ll likely be on the Highway rather than the Stairway if you believe in such things. 

• Like 1

It can't be too serious. Member Chris Shiflett is still tweeting, promoting upcoming gigs.

Nobody seems to know who it is but Reddit seems to think it could be Nate Mendel. He suffers from excruciatingly painful cluster migraines and has had previous surgery for a neurological condition.

• Like 1

Mat Sinner of Primal Fear has been in and out of hospitals for the last 8 months as posted on his Facebook.

On 06/07/2021 at 17:14, gcreptile said:

Some progress in Tom Hunting's cancer fight, it only costs him his whole stomach:

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/exodus-tom-hunting-having-full-gastrectomy-as-cancer-battle-continues/

Some more progress from a few weeks after the first update (meaning July): He is 'cancer free' which means stomach free I reckon
Exodus drummer Tom Hunting is cancer-free (msn.com)

On 10/01/2022 at 23:46, Thatcher said:

John Burke Shelley, guitarist and vocalist for Budgiehas died aged 71. He suffered an aortic aneurysm in 2010 and further refused treatment in 2020.

Obituaries: The GuardianDaily Mail

So, like the massive toll on the main deathlist there's already an unprecendented head count of death in a short time for our annual List of the Lost radio show, opening triple shot of Sidney Poitier (his album reading Plato is something of an outsider delight), Parliament and R Dean Taylor, then Budgie will follow. Probably unfair where they're concerned because we'll have to play something short whilst most of their best stuff borders on epic by radio standards, my own favourite being this six and a half minutes that pretty much tells you where Metallica drew much of their inspiration: 

• Like 1

In the absence of a prog rock thread, I'll dump this one here:

Bobby Harrison (wiki), early drummer of Procol Harumdead at 82.

Left the group just shortly after the release of A Whiter Shade of Pale, BUT he didn't appear on the recording, or any of their other charting records for that matter.

bobby-harrison-2008.jpg.1cdc75d3985311e73f0eb88fdaa2ca9b.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

In the absence of a prog rock thread

There is.   It's this one

Personally I think it should have been called "Close To The Edge" - no play on words necessary.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

In the absence of a prog rock thread, I'll dump this one here:

Bobby Harrison (wiki), early drummer of Procol Harumdead at 82.

Left the group just shortly after the release of A Whiter Shade of Pale, BUT he didn't appear on the recording, or any of their other charting records for that matter.

bobby-harrison-2008.jpg.1cdc75d3985311e73f0eb88fdaa2ca9b.jpg

There's also the dedicated Dead Drummers thread

24 minutes ago, Toast said:

There is.   It's this one

Personally I think it should have been called "Close To The Edge" - no play on words necessary.

I thought there was somehow. 

It'd be a lot easier for everyone to remember these threads if the quirky titles went into the subheading, rather than the thread name itself. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DoorSlammer said:

A big and unexpected one: Meat Loaf dead at 74

Not completely unexpected, as he's been very frail for a while.  I didn't have the guts to have him on my personal list for this year but he has been on my radar for a while.  He was a unique talent for sure.  May he RIP.