Lewd_Squirrel

Stairway To Heaven/ Highway To Hell

On 13/04/2017 at 02:16, Thatcher said:

Keni Richards, drummer of American rock/glam metal band Autograph, has died aged 60. Their first album Sign In Please, released in 1984, reached #29 in the US charts and was certified gold. However, their only hit single was Turn Up The Radio which reached #29 in 1985, although it received considerable airplay by MTV and has been used in the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Bassist on the album and track, Randy Rand of Autograph, reported dead: https://loudwire.com/founding-autograph-bassist-randy-rand-has-died/

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Howie Pyro, a former bassist for Danzig and D Generation, has died. He was 61.

https://loudwire.com/howie-pyro-death-bassist-danzig-d-generation/

Without looking that had to be posted at least 12 hours ago.  It was posted on my home DP early A.M. (so noon in UK). 

45 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Without looking that had to be posted at least 12 hours ago.  It was posted on my home DP early A.M. (so noon in UK). 

Yes, I also saw it earlier in the day, as well. But, nobody had yet posted it here. Some days, deaths get added in minutes, others take hours.  

I saw your bass player and your bass player’s dead.

Bob Heathcote, former bassist with Suicidal Tendencies, has died. The rocker's son, Chris, revealed in a Facebook post that his father passed away on Sunday, July 24 following a motorcycle accident. Details of the accident, including when it occurred, are unknown. Heathcote was 58.

SC

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Nicky Moore, the singer who replaced Bruce Dickinson in the NWOBHM band Samson, has died at the age of 75. Moore, who had been diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease.

https://variety.com/2022/music/global/nicky-moore-samson-dead-dies-1235333176/

Samson were one of my late wee brother's favourites, so it comes as a surprise when reviewing their chart positions that they are so low.

RIP.

• Like 1

Rage Against the Machine have had to cancel their Europe leg of their tour because the main singer Zack de la Rocha suffered a leg injury and been advised not to perform for rest of August and September. (Rolling Stone)

Edit - Please move this to appropriate thread.

• Like 1

DBM as post moved.

I struggled to think of the right thread for Rage Against The Machine tbh, but thought here would do.  

It's the heat; I can barely think :flame:

Death of the Year, 2022

GRIM REAPER singer Steve Grimmett has died at the age of 62.

Steve's passing was confirmed by his brother Mark Grimmett.

Grimmett's passing comes more than five years after he had his right leg partially amputated in January 2017 when an infected wound on his foot spread to the bones in his leg partway through the group's five-week tour of South America. The life-saving surgery was carried out in Ecuador and the frontman was in hospital for just over a month while fans raised $14,000 to bring him home after his insurance company refused to pay because of the type of work he was doing.
SC

• Like 1

Stuart Anstis, former guitarist for Cradle Of Filth, has died aged 48.

Anstis played in the band from 1995 until 1999, during his time with the group he wrote and recorded music for some of the band’s most beloved albums including Dusk And Her Embrace in 1996 and Cruelty And The Beast in 1998.

SC

• Like 2

Edited by justonecornetto
Already posted