Lewd_Squirrel

Stairway To Heaven/ Highway To Hell

3 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Japanese Pop-Metal act Babymetal has lost on if it's guitarists - Mikio Fujioka.

I’ve seen them and they were fucking astonishing.

• Like 2

Thought it said Iron Maiden and my heart nearly dropped. Iron Man is a great band as well though, R.I.P Alfred you were a great musician.

14 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Technically a miss for my 1982 Theme Team, here's their 1982 #29 Iron Fist:

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

So the Reaper took out the entire band in about 26 months?

Holy hell.

SC

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Fucking hell. Best MH guitarist imo

54 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Oh man, only just seen this on FB

Saw them around ten times all told but that original trio were the blueprint and at their best more a force of nature than a musical act. Really sad. 

Well, they knew how to party.... Dead from pneunomia at 67...these lungs must have been damaged...

Another group officially dead. Like Ramones dead...

15 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Well, they knew how to party.... Dead from pneunomia at 67...these lungs must have been damaged...

66-72 ripe old age for musicians.  Not so much about partying, and I’ve no idea who is or isn’t a smoker, but if you played gigs in smoky venues 8-10 times a month for 20 years, it would take its toll.  It’ll be interesting in 50 years to see what effect the changes in bars etc to non-smoking in most places has on musician longevity.  Sadly I won’t live to see the results of such a study but I think it’ll be quite damning evidence supporting the dangers of second hand smoke.

SC

Case in point: Roy Castle. Admittedly, he would have been doing rather more inhalation than others, on which basis Bill Clinton should be around a while longer.....

Grant Fell, bass and keyboards of the Kiwi band Headless Chickens died. I'll have to give gaskrankinstation a spin later.

Guy Marchais, best known as the former guitarist for Suffocation, has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a rare form of blood cancer affecting the body's immune system. His illness is considered one of the most curable types of cancer, but will require him to undergo extensive testing, as well as expensive procedures like chemotherapy (and potentially, radiation treatment). Marchais' family have since launched a GoFundMe drive to help offset the $100,000 price tag for his upcoming treatment plan, which is not entirely covered by health insurance.
SC

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Guy Marchais, best known as the former guitarist for Suffocation, has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a rare form of blood cancer affecting the body's immune system. His illness is considered one of the most curable types of cancer, but will require him to undergo extensive testing, as well as expensive procedures like chemotherapy (and potentially, radiation treatment). Marchais' family have since launched a GoFundMe drive to help offset the $100,000 price tag for his upcoming treatment plan, which is not entirely covered by health insurance.
SC

Ah that's shit, saw Suffocation with Guy a few years back and they put on a hell of a show, especially in a smaller venue where I saw them.

19 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Last year's DDP dud Foghat bassist Craig MacGregor has died:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/foghat-bassist-craig-macgregor-dies-at-68/

Edit: Unpicked this time. I think he won't obit anyway.

Amazing as I was listening to them just last night thinking we ain't heard much recently on MacGregor.  I was listening to the bass line of Slow Ride thinking dammit I wish I could play like that.
It would be an indictment of your press if he doesn't obit ffs.  It's Foghat not some fly by night band.  
Anyway, RIP.
SC

On 5/24/2017 at 22:16, gcreptile said:

Bruce Corbitt, of Warbeast and Rigor Mortis, has esophageal cancer, stage 3 or possibly 2:

http://loudwire.com/warbeast-rigor-mortis-bruce-corbitt-diagnosed-esophageal-cancer-announces-retirement/

Curiously, I already had him on my longlist (#512) because of heart failure and money problems, and I suspected drug use, hmm...

I assumed there was an update on him by now on here, and couldn't find it?

Anyhow, treatment failed, terminally ill, 2 months to 2 years left.

Just now, gcreptile said:

Indeed, I meant to post that update several times.

I was sure I had too. Anyhow, it's there now.

1 hour ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Bring out the stress balls, MacGregor got a Metro obit.

Interesting... I forgot entirely that the Metro was a QO! I personally felt that MacGregor joining the band post-Slow Ride made an obit unlikely.