http://www.jpost.com...-protest-318205

So with threats that this is now turning into a civil war and Morsi is in his heavily guarded Qubba presidential palace, how long before he is strung

up like gaddafi? 

P.s if anyone can think of a better sub-heading it will be great as mine is not really that good haha .

At this rate any leader democratically elected or not of almost any country (including some European ones) could be fair game for the list.

Prime Minister of Brazil anyone?

What do you mean "at this rate"? Are you suggesting that the suggestion of Morsi is frivolous, or that we are really in perilous times here in Europe?

I mean that following on from the Arab Spring unrest in developing countries seems to be increasing. I think Morsi is valid for inclusion next year but there are a few other countries where it might be worth looking at how the leaders might fare if the populace took it into their heads to take direct action.

I do not for a minute suggest that David Cameron, Barak Obama or Angela Merkel are in danger but uneasy lies the head...

Okay. My hunch says Morsi won't get strung up or quit without a big fight. Obviously I can only wildly speculate, seeing the reports on TV/reading a few articles. It all depends how serious all the people are, they're already talking labour strikes until he goes. But if he turns the army on them, how many will give in? I hope I'm wrong though and he quits, or maybe the army turn on him. It's all completely unpredictable.

Merkel's up for re-election in September, likely to win however...

I do not for a minute suggest that David Cameron, Barak Obama or Angela Merkel are in danger but uneasy lies the head...

Next year the attention in US Politics will be on the midterm elections and by 2015 the oppostion party will turn their eyes at Hilary Clinton and other 2016 contenders. Obama will be nothing but a lame duck who the Republicans will focus little on so if some crazy conspiracy theory right wing Glenn Beck follower were to make an attempt on him it would probably be this year.

Guest Guest

http://www.jpost.com...-protest-318205

So with threats this is turning into a civil war and Morsi is in his heavily guarded Qubba presidential palace, how long before he is strung

up like gaddafi.

P.s if anyone can think of a better sub-heading it will be great as mine is not really that good haha .

The answer to that question would appear to be 48 hours.. http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-23133174

Okay. My hunch says Morsi won't get strung up or quit without a big fight. Obviously I can only wildly speculate, seeing the reports on TV/reading a few articles. It all depends how serious all the people are, they're already talking labour strikes until he goes. But if he turns the army on them, how many will give in? I hope I'm wrong though and he quits, or maybe the army turn on him. It's all completely unpredictable.

Your right the army has turned on him and gave him 48 hours.

Good call, this thread...

• Like 1

He's out of power, but alive. http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-23173794

For now.

They have to kill him surely , can't risk letting him go to lead a armed guerrilla and civil war. Might see him imprisoned indefinitely or killed if it turns to violence.

Yeah hopefully they will kill the fucker. Fuck the Halibut Brotherhood trying to turn every state in the Middle East into Saudi Arabia. I'm so glad the people (and the military) of Egypt did this I was not expecting Morsi to be unseated at all.

• Like 1

It is a very strange set of circumstances where a military coup is applauded for toppling a democratically elected leader.

A military coo

3550163948_acd7cd8dd6_z.jpg?zz=1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

http://news.sky.com/story/1152143/egypt-ousted-president-morsi-to-face-trial

His trial has been set . I think its up in the air whether he will or will not get the death penalty, i can see it going both ways .Either not giving it him to stop him becoming a martyr or giving him the death penalty and eradicating the Halibut brotherhood . Look at mubarak nobody would of thought he would be released without charge this time last year and morsi would be on trial. One of the main reason's i think morsi will get the death penalty rather than life in prison is because Mubarak was still close to the military and quite old, morsi on the other hand is still very much a threat and is the enemy of the military.

Death sentence was merely a recommendation, as final ruling isn't until June 16 (tomorrow). If those three dead judges are any indication, he will get probation.

SC

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/06/egypt-court-adjourns-morsi-death-sentence-verdict-150602090515345.html

Reports saying he died during a court hearing.