Octopus of Odstock

FIFA World Cup Players

On 21/04/2018 at 10:56, msc said:

Burley was in the squad? Never noticed that. Think he''s a decent shot of going before Craig Brown (or even the 96 year old).

With Scotland at the Euros for the first time since 1996, Former Scottish manager Craig Brown's getting a lot of reappraisal in documentaries this week and looked quite old and a bit frail tbh.

Apparently he had an aortic aneurysm last year and is lucky to still be with us. One to watch, now.

Aberdeen and Scotland hero Craig Brown reveals he had 30-percent chance of survival after an aneurysm (thescottishsun.co.uk)

(Btw, alcoholic George Burley in the mention above still lives.)

• Like 1

Christian Erikson has just collapsed on the pitch during the Euro 2020 game with Finland and is getting CPR. TV cameras shoudnt focus on it so much ffs. Bit grim.

• Sad 6

Just now, msc said:

Christian Erikson has just collapsed on the pitch during the Euro 2020 game with Finland and is getting CPR. TV cameras shoudnt focus on it so much ffs. Bit grim.

Awful hope he recovers poor bloke, always liked him as a player, terrible news, get well soon but not looking good at all. 

This looks very grim indeed. 

While the cameras shouldn't be showing the CPR, I'm not sure what the broadcasters can realistically do other than show scenes from the stadium.

Ah, and the BBC have cut back to the studio. 

• Like 1

Horrible. I was watching it while it happened, didn't realize it was serious at first...

I hope the man survives and recovers from this.

I realized at once the terrible situation.  The way he went down, the vacant look of his eyes, gosh  I hope he is pulling through. We are known for our borderline morbid humor but this was humbling. Don't take life for granted. 

Match is suspended.

If someone flops down like that and doesn't get up/move within a few seconds or start rolling around on the floor in alleged agony it's usually serious.  The best you can expect is it's a reflex syncope, at worst it's a cardiac issue and CPR is undertaken...  Fingers crossed for Eriksen.

The ambulance left the stadium without siren....:(

Not sure the legitimacy of this tweet because I have zero interest in football but if it’s from today’s situation he’s conscious. 

There's a photo doing the rounds on Twitter that suggests he's got his eyes open on the stretcher. Seems like they may have somehow stabilised him. Looked pretty grim on the pitch, fingers crossed he's had a lucky escape. But not out of the woods yet.

Some hopeful messages coming in. On TV it is mentioned that he was conscious.

1 minute ago, Perhaps said:
Not sure the legitimacy of this tweet because I have zero interest in football but if it’s from today’s situation he’s conscious. 

Snap.

• Like 1

I don't think his life is in danger.

UEFA say stabilised. He is one lucky boy.

• Like 1

"Stabilised" can mean anything.  Fingers crossed he's alright.

• Like 1

As a Dane, I am completely shocked. All day, i have seen people in Danish shirts out and about and me, the family and girlfriend are having a good evening and this happens. 

I am shaking. Glad he is OK at least. 

• Like 1

I just did a rewatch on Iplayer because I wasn't concentrating on the match at the time and it seems he just passed the ball, stumbled and then collapsed. I'm sure we'll get more information but it was shocking to watch.

The broadcaster should not have filmed for so long and should have gone to the studio quicker if it was possible.

Thank god he was successfully reanimated. Hope he makes a full recovery :mellow:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Christian Eriksen has collapsed at euro 2020 but thankfully he's stabilised. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2021/jun/12/denmark-v-finland-euro-2020-live-score-updates

Why start a thread if he has stabilised? 

Was it his COVID jab or something? :ninja:

• Haha 1

This is a stupid unnecessary thread.