Octopus of Odstock

FIFA World Cup Players

Bulgarian Ivan Davidov dead at 71, played in '66 and '70 WC's.

Only links in Bulgarian so far.

I gave you a 'like' for NOT posting a goddamn Bulgarian link like some people around here do with useless obits (see Dutch, Italian, Swedish).

SC

That's a bit harsh. There are Dutch and Swedish members in this forum, and for all you know there may be members or guests who are capable of reading Bulgarian. For example, I don't speak Dutch, but having spent quite a lot of time in that delightful country, I can usually get the gist of Dutch news reports.

• Like 1

I can usually get the gist of Dutch news reports.

Tulips up in price.

Edam down in price.

It's criminal, Track Cycling and Speed Skating are still minority sports in rest of world.

Terrain out of window still flat, says geologist.

Watch out for tomorrows exciting report on repairing a puncture.

(with sincere apologies to Hein).

Tulips up in price.

Edam down in price.

It's criminal, Track Cycling and Speed Skating are still minority sports in rest of world.

You forgot a few headlines:

- Number of windmills steady

- Clog production down

- Cannabis production up

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Tulips up in price.

Edam down in price.

You forgot a few headlines:

- Number of windmills steady

- Clog production down

- Cannabis production up

regards,

Hein

Well. Years ago, when a man ran amok and gunned down a bunch of people in a small English town, it was a front page headline in a Dutch newspaper. It caught my eye as I was passing a newsagent. At the time my mother lived in said town. I managed to read the story and immediately phoned my mum, who thankfully was not involved.

Bulgarian Ivan Davidov dead at 71, played in '66 and '70 WC's.

Only links in Bulgarian so far.

I gave you a 'like' for NOT posting a goddamn Bulgarian link like some people around here do with useless obits (see Dutch, Italian, Swedish).

SC

Well I like to see it!

• Like 1

Raul Gorriti dead at 68.

http://www.conmebol.com/en/04032015-2302/legend-peruvian-football-raul-gorriti-has-died

Got 40 mins run out as a sub in the meaningless 6-0 humping by Argentina in the last game in the second round (yes, there was two group stages) in 1978.

Raul Gorriti dead at 68.

http://www.conmebol.com/en/04032015-2302/legend-peruvian-football-raul-gorriti-has-died

Got 40 mins run out as a sub in the meaningless 6-0 humping by Argentina in the last game in the second round (yes, there was two group stages) in 1978.

Ask any Brazilian and they'll say that 6-0 defeat was far from meaningless as it meant Argentina reached the final on goal difference at their expense...

• Like 2

True, I had been going to edit it a bit re conspiracy theories, but I'm too rough.

That was the game Videla spoke in the dressing rooms afore the game if I mind right.

Nothing that Italy hadn't did previously though, and Argentina were a far better 'watch' than Brazil were.

Zhivko Gospodinov dead at 57, played all three games in the '86 WC.

John Hewie who blew a penalty v France in '58WC for Scotland , even though he wasn't Scottish , deid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32698921

John Hewie who blew a penalty v France in '58WC for Scotland , even though he wasn't Scottish , deid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32698921

He was South African. But because his parents were Scottish, he was able to play for them.

Aye, shit rule.

Aye, shit rule.

I'm not sure exactly how many generations back you're allowed to go, but even if it's just 2 generations, I'd have my pick of Australia, England, Republic of Ireland, Scotland, Ukraine, and Wales to choose from.

• Like 1

Aye, shit rule.

I'm not sure exactly how many generations back you're allowed to go, but even if it's just 2 generations, I'd have my pick of Australia, England, Republic of Ireland, Scotland, Ukraine, and Wales to choose from.

I'd only have the choice of Scotland, Scotland, Scotland and Scotland. Call me thoroughbred. ;-)

• Like 2

Aye, shit rule.

Maybe Norn too. Don't know if it works both ways, but if born in the North you can choose.

Aye, shit rule.

I'd only have the choice of Scotland, Scotland, Scotland and Scotland. Call me thoroughbred. ;-)

INbred more like ;-)

SC

• Like 1

The Brazil 1958 World Cup team are dropping like flies.

Eight months ago, there were seven of them still alive. Now there are just three.

Since last July, we've seen Djalma Santos, Nilton Santos, Gilmar and now Bellini pass on.

The remaining survivors are Zito, Mario Zagallo and of course, Pele.

Zito has died aged 82.

Eight months ago, there were seven of them still alive. Now there are just three.

Since last July, we've seen Djalma Santos, Nilton Santos, Gilmar and now Bellini pass on.

Zito has died aged 82.

I have mario zagallo as a unique in my DDP list very hard to get a unique pick in DDP so if he dies this year I might actually have a chance of finishing in the top 20 and if a couple of other deaths go my way finishing in the top 10.

Romania's manager in 1970, Angelo Niculescu, dead at 93. This leaves just Raul Cardenas (Mexico), Hernan Carrasco Vivanco (El Salvador) and the aforementioned Mario Zagallo (Brazil) as the final three gaffers from that tournament still with us.

Zito has died aged 82.

Either of the other two would be obitable and potential DL top 50 fodder, right?

• Like 1