Sign in to follow this  
Stayin Alive

Mel Smith

Alas, no idea what's wrong with him and it seems nobody else either at this point, perhaps he has had too much sun, but after trousering at least 31 million from the sale of TalkBack he'll be in safe hands and won't be wilting just yet a while.

Just off to rent Morons from Outer Space to remind myself how terrible it was...

Rumours are it's Parkinson's disease.

Alas, no idea what's wrong with him and it seems nobody else either at this point, perhaps he has had too much sun, but after trousering at least 31 million from the sale of TalkBack he'll be in safe hands and won't be wilting just yet a while.

Just off to rent Morons from Outer Space to remind myself how terrible it was...

It looks as though his "top set" have gone walkies....

Yeah I saw that too. My brother reckons he's gone deaf or summat...

Just a throat infection, apparently...

link

link

Fuss about nothin', I reckon. Watch it on iplayer, I wouldn't call him 'frail'. Over on that digitalspy site they've got him at death's door with strokes, cancer, Parkinson's, all sorts.

link

Fuss about nothin', I reckon. Watch it on iplayer, I wouldn't call him 'frail'. Over on that digitalspy site they've got him at death's door with strokes, cancer, Parkinson's, all sorts.

Maybe he's a member and wanted to know what we all thought. :rolleyes:

That was a VERY interesting 10 mins !

I cant remember if I posted a couple of years ago re Mel....but I'm sure he looked a bit dodgy when I last saw him on tele (Children in Need or something?)

Anyway....him and Jones reminded me of the 2 Ronnies at the end of Ronnie Barkers life....1 of the pair was really up for it....the other was going downhill fast . Move on a year or so....and this is what Mel is at (even worse than before !) ....

I reckon someone out there can comment better on his appearence , but for me he is recovering(?) from a stroke . Not sure what the deep voice points to though.....also his "nodding head" was odd....bit like my Mother-in Law.....

However , his mental abilities seem ok , so perhaps nothing to get too excited about....but one to watch all the same .

That was a VERY interesting 10 mins !

I cant remember if I posted a couple of years ago re Mel....but I'm sure he looked a bit dodgy when I last saw him on tele (Children in Need or something?)

Anyway....him and Jones reminded me of the 2 Ronnies at the end of Ronnie Barkers life....1 of the pair was really up for it....the other was going downhill fast . Move on a year or so....and this is what Mel is at (even worse than before !) ....

I reckon someone out there can comment better on his appearence , but for me he is recovering(?) from a stroke . Not sure what the deep voice points to though.....also his "nodding head" was odd....bit like my Mother-in Law.....

However , his mental abilities seem ok , so perhaps nothing to get too excited about....but one to watch all the same .

Which is particulary ironic when you consider this...

Guest Gary

A mate of mine saw Mel Smith at a football match a few weeks back-apparently he looked 'like death'. Notably had an addiction to painkillers and hasn't done anything much for ages.

Interesting considering he notably looked awful on Celebrity Mastermind last year too

No links as yet, but various folk who don't tend to report on rumours on Twitter (the ITV news producer for one) claim Mel Smith has died of a heart attack.

No links as yet, but various folk who don't tend to report on rumours on Twitter (the ITV news producer for one) claim Mel Smith has died of a heart attack.

I've just seen that too.....what a shame if true but not entirely a surprise.

That is sad news. :(

I think he deserves his own thread as he was more than just a comedian.

Edited by Paul Bearer
Thread created. R.I.P Mel

Yeah, her and Sue Perkins were a fantastic double act.

• Like 1