'Ave at it TQR, you got a live one here.

43 minutes ago, Rocinante said:

So do you think biology dictates gender?

No I don’t, not solely. You obviously chose to ignore the part of my post which acknowledged self-identification.

42 minutes ago, En Passant said:

'Ave at it TQR, you got a live one here.

I’ve had a lot of wine, I’ve no authority (Jackie Weaver, no authority at all) and this poster is clearly a FUCKING moron. Bit of a futile exercise really.

12 hours ago, Rocinante said:

Just read the words. Everyone belongs to a group or faction. Male - Female - trans or left - right - centrist. By that definition you can be called a bigot by an opposing faction for example if you stir your coffee anti clockwise. 

I mean you’re right, anybody can be a bigot. But for some strange reason a lot of these religious and political fanatics tend to be bigots. I myself cannot figure out why, maybe you could?

10 hours ago, Banana said:

I mean you’re right, anybody can be a bigot. But for some strange reason a lot of these religious and political fanatics tend to be bigots. I myself cannot figure out why, maybe you could?

It's because they firmly put themselves in one group, usually the one that is considered 'wrong think's, making a nice juicy target. The quim reaper is skillfully sitting on the fence neither one way or another, having no option at all. Which is worse imho.

10 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

No I don’t, not solely. You obviously chose to ignore the part of my post which acknowledged self-identification.

Ok so is a trans woman a woman or a man.

11 minutes ago, Rocinante said:

Trans women are women. Trans men are men.

You are deliberately missing what I initially said. You said everyone’s a bigot. I asked you to explain, you couldn’t, so I explained why not everyone’s a bigot. Where’s the fence-sitting or gender identity doubting in any of that?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rocinante said:

If you need to ask that.... you’ll never be needing daycare.

SC

51 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Trans women are women. Trans men are men.

You are deliberately missing what I initially said. You said everyone’s a bigot. I asked you to explain, you couldn’t, so I explained why not everyone’s a bigot. Where’s the fence-sitting or gender identity doubting in any of that?

I said everyone could be called a bigot by the definition, not everyone is a bigot.

The reason I have asked those questions is because you say you are a man, and you base that on the biological reasoning. You then go onto say you believe trans women are women, basing that on self identification. The only reason why you have these views is that you don't want to be called a bigot. They are opposing viewpoints, but you accept both to socially conform and be in both camps.

1 minute ago, Rocinante said:

I said everyone could be called a bigot by the definition, not everyone is a bigot.

The reason I have asked those questions is because you say you are a man, and you base that on the biological reasoning. You then go onto say you believe trans women are women, basing that on self identification. The only reason why you have these views is that you don't want to be called a bigot. They are opposing viewpoints, but you accept both to socially conform and be in both camps.

No, once again, you’re being selective in what you read. Read my post again. Then fuck off.

54 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

No, once again, you’re being selective in what you read. 

They are your words, it dont see how I was being selective.

Populist thinking is making you have not opinion at all. It is making you into the sniveling worm that you are.

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Rocinante said:

They are your words, it dont see how I was being selective.

Populist thinking is making you have not opinion at all. It is making you into the sniveling worm that you are.

If you think people only believe or think a certain thing because it’s popular to do so, then you are deluded. 

14 minutes ago, Banana said:

If you think people only believe or think a certain thing because it’s popular to do so, then you are deluded. 

Have you ever been on Twitter ?? Then I rest my case.

17 minutes ago, Banana said:

I agree that it's not the case that people often form opinions based on popularity, peer pressure, trends etc. but to deny "bandwagons" exist at all is equally as silly.

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I agree that it's not the case that people often form opinions based on popularity, peer pressure, trends etc. but to deny "bandwagons" exist at all is equally as silly.

When did I say that

7 hours ago, Rocinante said:

"You base that on the biological reasoning."

No. Quim self-identifies as male. Go drink your chocolate milk and get off your "Mummy"'s computer.

EDIT:

For clarification, even if you are a biological male who identifies as male, you can still call it self-identification. You, yourself are identifying as a male.

Edited by Dying Probably
Clarifying.
  • Thanks 1

Between this thread and the Prince Philip thread, I don't think I've clicked "marked as read" on this forum as much as I've done this evening.

Snoozefest.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

You, yourself are identifying as a male.

When did I do that?

Oh yeah and Quim said  "I’m male. I’m not unreasonably attached to that, it’s just a fact, in the senses of both biology and self-identification" 

So yes he said he is a biological Male. Do try to keep up.

7 minutes ago, Rocinante said:

Do try to keep up.

Do give it a rest.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Fucks sakes we've seen enough of that around here to know.

24 minutes ago, Rocinante said:

When did I do that?

Oh yeah and Quim said  "I’m male. I’m not unreasonably attached to that, it’s just a fact, in the senses of both biology and self-identification" 

So yes he said he is a biological Male. Do try to keep up.

He said he is a biological male and he self-identifies as male.

6 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

He said he is a biological male and he self-identifies as male.

That what I said. Dunno why you want to feel  the need though

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Rocinante said:

That what I said

Then you evidently completely misunderstood what I was saying.

I was simply saying that Quim identifies as male, not just because of the biological aspect but because of the self-identification aspect.

Also, that's.

1 minute ago, Dying Probably said:

I was simply saying that Quim identifies as male, not just because of the biological aspect but because of the self-identification aspect.

Also, that's.

Thanks grammar nazi.

If you are Male why do you have to self identify as a Male. Unless you are virtue signaling. 

5 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

I think you have done the same

Just now, Rocinante said:

Thanks grammar nazi.

If you are Male why do you have to self identify as a Male. Unless you are virtue signaling. 

Self-identification is merely how you identify. Think of it like a multiple choice exam.

You have two questions, and three boxes, similar to gender. Now you can answer it like this:

image.png.84808d3120d5d51d9a89805ee39cedde.png Or even like this: image.png.ddcf6390d26cdc314dcac7647f3d47fa.png

You see, the "sex" bit is the biological one.

The "gender" one is self-identification.

Now, if you answer Question 1 and Question 2 has the same answer, do you leave it blank?

Of course not.