Spade_Cooley

Billy Connolly

If you can get beyond the highly pretentious article, there are "read between the lines moments" in this Evening Times piece.

There's also rumblings on the street that his cancer is back. Think he confirmed it at CiN. Anyhow, one to watch more than in 2013.

Its dragging on a bit now.

He needs to get the fuck on with it.

Speaking of that, am I the only person who keeps forgetting Norman Kember actually got freed? Keep thinking he got bumped off with the rest of them, only to discover he's still going. I even had him on a deadpool once and still forget.

Mind's the first to go.

24 minutes ago, msc said:

Speaking of that, am I the only person who keeps forgetting Norman Kember actually got freed? Keep thinking he got bumped off with the rest of them, only to discover he's still going. I even had him on a deadpool once and still forget.

Mind's the first to go.

Wasnt he one of those God Squad people who thought that a smiley face, a hug and a bible could get you out of any situation.............and it didnt? :lol:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, msc said:

If you can get beyond the highly pretentious article, there are "read between the lines moments" in this Evening Times piece.

There's also rumblings on the street that his cancer is back. Think he confirmed it at CiN. Anyhow, one to watch more than in 2013.

That article's timing sure is interesting alright and it reads a bit like an obituary, maybe you're onto something.

I had him on the draft of my list but took him off because he seemed a bit better but maybe he's worth putting back on for 2018.

18 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Wasnt he one of those God Squad people who thought that a smiley face, a hug and a bible could get you out of any situation.............and it didnt? :lol:

Aye, think so.

Now Sir Big Yin.

Macca, June Whitfield and (Dame) Olivia de Havilland other names in this years shortlist for the Queens own DDP team.

• Like 2

You know how, when OldWillz watches old programmes on the telly, there inevitably seems to follow a death?

Well, in the past few days he's caught Connolly's Audience With.... and the Columbo.

Woooo.....

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

You know how, when OldWillz watches old programmes on the telly, there inevitably seems to follow a death?

Well, in the past few days he's caught Connolly's Audience With.... and the Columbo.

Woooo.....

Scenes when it turns out Richard Riehle was in the audience for the former.

Does Parkinsonism cause severe memory loss?Sounds more like Levy Body Dementia to me.

Well Parky has just got Billy a spot on next year's list and Drop 40.

Tbf for the last 50 years he couldn't remember if he supported Celtic, huns, or Thistle.

Another decade imo.

I thought it was Third Lanark. B)

His friends have denied that his brain has dulled, saying that they have been filming with him recently and he's in top form.

"I've got Parkinson's disease - and I wish to fuck he'd kept it to himself."

Now Parkinson probably wishes he'd kept those comments to himself.

Strange that someone with Parkinsons wouldn't recognise a Parkinson when he sees him....

Ho hum.

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 16:29, YoungWillz said:

Strange that someone with Parkinsons wouldn't recognise a Parkinson when he sees him....

Ho hum.

If the HPDP survives into 2019 I was wondering about a theme team, headed by Parky himself and packing nine other Parkinson's Disease cases including the Big Yin

On 07/10/2018 at 16:56, gcreptile said:

Offers himself up for experimental treatment:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-45776583

So if he becomes a Guinea pig and the treatment they give him causes him to get kidney failure or a blood clot does that count as an unnatural death?

8 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

If the HPDP survives into 2019 I was wondering about a theme team, headed by Parky himself and packing nine other Parkinson's Disease cases including the Big Yin

Suggestions:

Michael J Fox

Linda Ronstadt

Gunter Von Hagens

Jesse Jackson

Neil Diamond

Johnny Isakson 

Ray Kennedy

David Kid Jensen

Alan Alda

Sir Peter Luff 

George H W Bush 

Chris Henning 

Billy Connolly

Glenn Tipton 

New art exhibition in Glasgow. For those interested, it's in Castle Fine Art, across the road from the Duke of Wellington with the cones on his head. Obviously Parkinson's and drawing don't go hand in hand, but the lines on the drawings are pretty clean.

He also gave a sit-down interview with Jackie Bird, in which he said he was having a "kind of shoogly day" but he's still enjoying himself. And he looks well too, aside from his voice sounding fainter.

p06rwvhq.jpg.979bf448937335504648f0e04f06ef78.jpg

2 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

New art exhibition in Glasgow. For those interested, it's in Castle Fine Art, across the road from the Duke of Wellington with the cones on his head. Obviously Parkinson's and drawing don't go hand in hand, but the lines on the drawings are pretty clean.

He also gave a sit-down interview with Jackie Bird, in which he said he was having a "kind of shoogly day" but he's still enjoying himself. And he looks well too, aside from his voice sounding fainter.

p06rwvhq.jpg.979bf448937335504648f0e04f06ef78.jpg

Parkinsons and a great wank do.

Big Yin has new TV show next month - which we all know LFN cannae wait for.

Times interview (paywalled):

Connolly is giving up the travelogues because he finds them too tiring, and that is the reason he will not do another comedy tour, although a one-off, at the O2, say, would be different. “It frustrates me sometimes,” he says, “when I can’t get out of bed. When it’s a great effort to get my legs out of bed, I go, ‘Arghhh!’ ”

Some days are worse than others? “Yes. This is a good day. And I have got these big handles on my bed that go under the mattress and so you can pull yourself around. And out!”

He does not look 76, but his hair is Santa white and has been cropped to ear length because “this nonsense” — he lifts his slightly agitated right hand — makes it hard to look after.

That, though, is the end of the bad news. The drugs — nothing special, the ones everyone gets — are keeping the disease at bay. He finds the best therapy is walking (he leaves the gallery twice for a walk outside while I am around) and, on Saturday mornings, boxing at a gym, where his opponents are punch bags, not people. Most importantly, it takes me no time at all to realise that, although his delivery is slightly slower, his mind is as quick as ever.

So what was Parkinson on about? “I don’t know. You’d better ask him.” It was a bizarre thing to say. “It was two years since I’d seen him and that occasion was the GQ dinner and I did really well, so what he was talking about I’ll never know. He’s been selling funerals [funeral plans] too long.”

It’s obviously not true. “But the thing that got me about it was what if it was true? It’s still a shitty thing to do. What do you think of Billy Connolly? ‘Oh, he’s f***ed.’ ” He has not talked to him since? “No. I don’t speak to him normally anyway.”

• Like 1