wolverine10

23. Gene Hackman

That picture is from May 2017. For some reason, viral tweets about Gene Hackman talking about his current life and how he goes biking etc. that include photos from a few years ago claiming to be recent are somewhat common.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, tracy said:

That picture is from May 2017. For some reason, viral tweets about Gene Hackman talking about his current life and how he goes biking etc. that include photos from a few years ago claiming to be recent are somewhat common.

The picture in my post on May 13th seems to be the most reliably most  recent  photo taken at a social event this year.

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

The picture in my post on May 13th seems to be the most reliably most  recent  photo taken at a social event this year.

He looks pretty good there in my humble opinion .Yes thinner but otherwise looks pretty damn good for 92.Could pass for an 80 year old.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2022 at 20:21, Gooseberry Crumble said:

He appeared again at a signing event in November:

Dw5GrYF.png

Looks a little frailer than he did in the late 2010s, but nothing out of the ordinary for 93 (happy belated). Feel like he'll probably debut on the DL next year if he makes it?

• Like 7

Looks like he aged considerably in those six months, but it's hard to say for sure when he's looking down like that and not smiling.

• Like 1

Starting to look a lot frailer sadly.Not unexpected for a 93 year old.Yeah I can see him making DL 2024 if he is still with us.

55 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Holy shit looks like he's gotten  frailer. Worthy of consideration for the 2024 DL

He looks very thin and frail there sadly yes.Doesnt look older than his age but a visible stark decline nonetheless.

He is certainly getting frailer but still looking good all things considered for a 92 year old male. He is actually in similar form to Clint Eastwood nowadays, it’ll be interesting to see which of them has the last laugh. Both are worth holding out until the 2025 DL IMO, but I’ll completely understand if their induction is next year. There are many sicker looking and quieter old celebrities.

At least Hackman can still pull off a neat signature.

4 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

He is certainly getting frailer but still looking good all things considered for a 92 year old male. He is actually in similar form to Clint Eastwood nowadays, it’ll be interesting to see which of them has the last laugh. Both are worth holding out until the 2025 DL IMO, but I’ll completely understand if their induction is next year. There are many sicker looking and quieter old celebrities.

At least Hackman can still pull off a neat signature.

I think Clint looks better now.

2 hours ago, tracy said:

He appeared again at a signing event in November:

Dw5GrYF.png

Looks a little frailer than he did in the late 2010s, but nothing out of the ordinary for 93 (happy belated). Feel like he'll probably debut on the DL next year if he makes it?

I suspect you are right. 

• Like 1

Driving himself too!  

Looking at that currently the only thing that reason you'd put him on the list next year is his age given how quickly things can turn at that age.

• Like 2

On 18/02/2021 at 06:27, gcreptile said:

Famous last words, but I think he's doing okay...

Still, there is that trio of 90 year old (or now, 91) legendary actors Gene Hackman, Clint Eastwood and Robert Duvall. They all "should" make the List soon.

They all have now in 2024. Nice little trio there 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, jondarru said:

This is one of his books 

Spoiler

Pursuit: 9781451623574: Hackman, Gene: Books - Amazon.com

This is one of Pat Buchanan's books:

11167391._SY475_.jpg

Needless to say, he doesn't understand deadpooling.

NOT DEAD. I'm not Thatcher or tracy.

Hackman made a new public appearance and based on the photos he looks to have physically declined in the past 12 months which wouldn't be that surprising. He's 94, after all.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, DoorSlammer said:

Hackman made a new public appearance and based on the photos he looks to have physically declined in the past 12 months which wouldn't be that surprising. He's 94, after all.

His hands are way darker now. There's clearly heart issues.

On 30/03/2024 at 00:33, DoorSlammer said:

He is so diminished ! I’m shocked…I was right to add up him into my DL these year, and I will do again next year. 

He does look pretty frail, but can't be doing that badly given he's still walking sans cane in the Speedway shots. That, and I doubt most 94-year-olds would look especially good papped anyway.

First time I've thought this:  he has to go on my list next year if he makes it.  He's looking VERY gaunt now.  In those pics of him coming out of the convenience store, look at his right arm below the elbow.  It's like skeletal.  And the discoloration not only on his hands/wrists/arms but his face too.  I suppose it's good that he can still stand on his own, albeit with the cane and his wife's assistance coming down those steps at the restaurant, but he does not look like a healthy person here, not even at his age.  But I know, he's 94.  He's alive and that's better than the alternative, I suppose, as long as he's not suffering.  

• Like 3

Those photos could easily go in the thread devoted to last image before death. Sad to say, 2025 seems like a long shot.

• Like 2

On 30/03/2024 at 05:03, DoorSlammer said:

He looks extremely frail and his skin has clear mottling, not a good sign at all. On top of this it looks like his neck posture is definitely bent forward (something that can happen to very old people who are frail or have skeletal issues, Tom Stafford is a good example of this). Looks like a solid DL pick now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

Those photos could easily go in the thread devoted to last image before death. Sad to say, 2025 seems like a long shot.

might be the first set of photos I have seen this year  of one of my picks that I can say glad I have them on my list.  Any other photo or video I have seen of one of my picks they look great and you feel they are not a great space holder and have a little regret of not picking someone else.  I have seen Joan Collins, Tippi Hedren, Marion Ross, Micheal Cane.  None of them seem to be struggling much for their ages

Another outing in public, wearing the same clothes as last time.  Still looks rough, but he's able to move around unaided.  I suppose that's something when you're 94.  Will still be going on my list next year if he makes it.  

• Like 1