Spade_Cooley

The 100 Club

On 8/29/2017 at 09:03, TomTomTelekom said:

Swiss Radio-Presenter Helene Stehle dead at 109 years. She was No. 1 in the wiki-list of the famous centenarians.

New No. 1 is now Ruth Bancroft, 108 years and 361 days old.

:clivedunn:

• Thanks 1

Romanian politician Mircea Ionescu Quintus  dies at 100 http://adevarul.ro/news/politica/mircea-ionescu-quintus-murit-politicianul-liberal-100-ani-1_59bbc08a5ab6550cb83256c8/index.html

also Hungarian photographer Ato Kando has died at 103 http://24.hu/kultura/2017/09/15/meghalt-a-legidosebb-magyar-fotomuvesz/

sorry but I couldn't find any English obits 

4 hours ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Violet Brown, the world's oldest living person and Queen Victoria's last living subject, dies at 117.

:clivedunn: and also wrong thread (this thread is for people over the age of 100 that are known for something other than their age)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2017 at 06:43, Drewsky1211 said:

Violet Brown, the world's oldest living person and Queen Victoria's last living subject, dies at 117.

How about stepping back from your goddamn keyboard and learning how the site works for a couple days before posting again?  Make that a couple months.

clivedunn.png

• Like 1

Nelia Penman, a British barrister, Liberal activist and 3 time Liberal candidate for Sevenoaks , died aged aged 101 back in August and is given a Telegraph obituary.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 21:27, TomTomTelekom said:

Happy Birthday and Welcome Danielle Darrieux in the 100 Club :birthday:

She was the most notable French actress beside Michele Morgan in the 50s. Now she is the oldest living actress, still active after 85 years of career.  :party:

Not any more....

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 21:27, TomTomTelekom said:

Happy Birthday and Welcome Danielle Darrieux in the 100 Club :birthday:

She was the most notable French actress beside Michele Morgan in the 50s. Now she is the oldest living actress, still active after 85 years of career.  :party:

sadly she wasn't in the club  for long! http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/danielle-darrieux-dead-french-actress-was-100-1050346

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

:clivedunn:

Stop it, Joey.  People are entitled to comment on previous posts.

• Like 1

Yeah, meme overkill, sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Toast said:

Stop it, Joey.  People are entitled to comment on previous posts.

I direct you to YoungWilz post from the same comment on this same page...

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Not any more....

I admit I over did it, but this time I felt it was very appropriate. Though I suspect it's more bias and less on me actually doing it, cause you didn't have a problem when other people was doing it before...

I think there is a big difference between posting news of a death, and making a comment relating to it. 

I also think that it's fine to post news of a death in any appropriate thread, provided it has not already been posted in the same thread

IMO the deployment of the Dunn/done meme is only justified in the latter situation.  Otherwise you come across as a tiresome little smartarse.

• Like 3

I only did it because Willz didn't include a link to an obit .Maybe there wasn't an English obit when he posted which is fair enough.I should have made it clear he had already mentioned her death for which I apologise. I won't do it again I promise !

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

I only did it because Willz didn't include a link to an obit .Maybe there wasn't an English obit when he posted which is fair enough.I should have made it clear he had already mentioned her death for which I apologise. I won't do it again I promise !

Don't stress CL, plenty of obits when I posted so didn't feel the need...

Everyone's allowed their input...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Exactly - you added some information.  You have nothing to apologise for.

103 and a carer

This is not really death listy but I just listened to this and was just overwhelmed with sadness - 103 and caring for your dying son - FFS, this can't be right.

3 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

103 and a carer

This is not really death listy but I just listened to this and was just overwhelmed with sadness - 103 and caring for your dying son - FFS, this can't be right.

Watch the entire documentary - it was on tonight called Panarama: Life at 100 - it lacked any massive gusto but it was an interesting look at the lives of older people. It also features DL qualifiable Earl Cameron.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1