Spade_Cooley

The 100 Club

4 minutes ago, Book said:

That bores me. Bye, I mean B-Aye :D

:D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Hi David,
Thank you for your message. You forgot at least one relevant person. Tomorrow the american mathematician Katherine Johnson will join the 100-club. for my taste a very important and at the same time underestimated personality:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Johnson

I certainly will not beat my personal record from last year (17 goals). but it should be enough to beat the official deathlist here again.

Good luck to you and nice weekend greetings ;)

Happy centennial to Katherine Johnson! :party:Still able to attend events in her honor.

• Like 2

Did Jim Carrey design this Barbie doll?  I mean seriously, what the fuck?....

SC

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 08:57, Book said:

German Lindenstraßen-actress Anna Teluren dies at 102, but no digital obit yet, just an announcement in my local newspaper.

RIP "Amelie von der Marwitz".

Here's something....https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://trauer.rp-online.de/traueranzeige/anna-teluren&prev=search

Does this link to a funeral home, a newspaper or something? Here's the original if one of our German readers can help out....

• Thanks 1

Good enough, I'll update my list tomorrow. ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Book said:

https://trauer.rp-online.de/traueranzeige/anna-teluren

This is the original link from the newspaper were I read about her death. Maybe this one will count for the Hare's Death Pool and the List of the Missed (DDP).

The link doesn't work.

On 28/11/2017 at 11:49, Spade_Cooley said:

So Cecilia Seghizzi, Italian composer, ascends to the top of the list. Old enough to have been a refugee in World War I, she's apparently "still lucid" according to this interview from two months back.

Cecilia Seghizzi turns 110 and looks pretty in shape and very lucid! :birthday:

• Like 3

Julie Gibson is the oldest surviving actress/actor from the Golden Age Of Hollywood - she is, or at least, was, a major celebrity, and is now 105 years old. Surely a sure death this year or next? Seems a stretch for someone to reach beyond 105...… Why isn't she on the Death List already?!?!?

You started well, Sir.....

And Norman Lloyd too - a famous actor with film credits from the 1930s to 1940, born in 1914, and now nearing his 105th..... surely a good pick for next year? If he makes it till 2019.

Lloyd already has a thread.... and don't get too excited.

Lloyd already has a thread? Didn't know that. But Julie Gibson, she's 105, so surely cant live forever? I dont really get why she isn't on the list already, and Lloyd too. Or is there some sort of system I'm unaware of? And I dont get excited, otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here guessing which old people are going to die soon.

• Like 1

We didn't even have surefire proof she was still alive until the other day. A-list, DeathListy names don't have uncertainty as to whether or not they're still alive.

Thread merged into the 100 Club (our thread for centenarians). We're overall pretty lenient with creation of new threads, but I really don't see Gibson having the legs for a standalone when any convo on her can easily be constrained to this thread or Hollywood Possibilities.

Welcome to the forums, by the way. Just some factors to keep in mind when considering starting a thread for someone.

• Like 1

I am stupid to a pretty high degree, and because I am new to this website I didn't know what starting a new thread was, and therefore didn't know I had done it. I never considered starting a thread for someone, such heinous crimes never crossed my mind. I think finding surefire proof someone is alive or not  usually involved seeing whether they respond if you throw things at them/hit them with stuff.

You're fine, you weren't doing anything heinous. Threads are also known as topics. When you press the "start new topic" button that's what you're creating. While there are various standalone threads for individuals, there are also more general threads for particular professions or traits, such as this one for centenarians. You can check into said pre-existing topics if you want to contribute names that don't quite have the standing for their own thread.

I bet Julie Gibson is sitting at home right now, reading this, going "What do you mean I don't warrant my own thread? Were you in films in the 1930s and 40s? I've been around longer than Kirk Douglas, Olivia de Havilland, and those kids have got threads of their own all over the place! It's almost like being in films in the 1930s doesn't mean anything anymore!"