Spade_Cooley

The 100 Club

Dame Frances Campbell-Preston is 101 today. She was Woman of the Bedchamber (lady-in-waiting) to the Queen Mother from 1965 to 2002. She was widowed in 1960 & her late husband was a famous Colditz prisoner. The Dame is sister-in-law to Joyce Grenfell (1910-1979) & obviously has the same health plan as the Royal Family - presumably Princess Margaret & possibly Prince Andrew are/were not subscribers?

We also missed chaplain and noted basketball fan Sister Jean of Loyola University reaching the centenary mark. Are there any other centenarians who've had bobbleheads of them made?

sister-jean-bobblehead-picture-1*750xx90

• Like 1

Also 100 today is Marge Champion. She was the model for the dance moves that Snow White performed in the 1937 Disney animation Snow White when she was only 18.

12 minutes ago, The Watcher said:

Also 100 today is Marge Champion. She was the model for the dance moves that Snow White performed in the 1937 Disney animation Snow White when she was only 18.

:clivedunn:

• Haha 1

Helen Shingler a retired actress was 100 3 days ago. She is the mother of Anthony Head (actor) & Murray Head (musician). Her husband lived to the age of 90 & died in 2009. Anthony Head is probably best known for playing Giles the librarian in Buffy & starring in the coffee ads with Sharon Maughan about 35 years ago.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Watcher said:

Helen Shingler a retired actress was 100 3 days ago. She is the mother of Anthony Head (actor) & Murray Head (musician). Her husband lived to the age of 90 & died in 2009. Anthony Head is probably best known for playing Giles the librarian in Buffy & starring in the coffee ads with Sharon Maughan about 35 years ago.

I wonder if she watched her granddaughter in the Inbetweeners ha

10 hours ago, The Watcher said:

:clivedunn:

On 05/09/2018 at 14:18, drol said:

Cecilia Seghizzi turns 110 and looks pretty in shape and very lucid! :birthday:

Cecilia Seghizzi turns 111. Her health declined a bit since last year.

• Like 2

Longer interview. She can't walk anymore (she was able to use the stairs until last Christmas) and has incredible difficulty in speaking. She can't paint or even hold the violin and "was very sad" at her birthday. Probably her last. Cecilia Seghizzi.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, drol said:

Longer interview. She can't walk anymore (she was able to use the stairs until last Christmas) and has incredible difficulty in speaking. She can't paint or even hold the violin and "was very sad" at her birthday. Probably her last. Cecilia Seghizzi.

Well if she can't paint anymore,she'll have to get the decorators in before it's too late.:D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redrumours said:

she'll have to get the decorators in before it's too late.:D

It's way too late for that ;)

• Haha 1

Just found out Julie Gibson turned 106 this month, looks more frail then she ever. I have a feeling she’s going to croak this year, or the next. Anything could happen.

Edited by Death Impends
Merged a standalone Julie Gibson thread into here, as previous threads started for her have also been merged.

18 hours ago, Cant Wait said:

Just found out Julie Gibson turned 106 this month, looks more frail then she ever. I have a feeling she’s going to croak this year, or the next. Anything could happen.

Could you please show us pictures. I haven't seen a picture of Julie Gibson as a old woman yet. And the 105th article is bullshit, seems the classical research based on Wiki. No proof at all she is even still alive!

From what it's worth, I'm with drol on this one: Julie Gibson is dead. She didn't have any children, and had no real interest in milking her 15 minutes of fame after retirement. If she was alive, Three Stooges fans would have tracked down a photo or an address or something, there's whole reams of academia and research about the Stooges.

fwiw, someone on FindAGrave who has photos of Gibson from her childhood thinks she's dead and buried in Idaho

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

From what it's worth, I'm with drol on this one: Julie Gibson is dead. She didn't have any children, and had no real interest in milking her 15 minutes of fame after retirement. If she was alive, Three Stooges fans would have tracked down a photo or an address or something, there's whole reams of academia and research about the Stooges.

fwiw, someone on FindAGrave who has photos of Gibson from her childhood thinks she's dead and buried in Idaho

At least she was still alive in 2004 when she gave her last interview according to Wikipedia.

1) According to the autograph hunters community at Star Tiger, they were still getting signed autographs sent back from here as recent ago as 2010 (would've been 97 at the time). Then there was a change of address and no successes listed since. 

2) As for the FindAGrave link listed above, look at the page more carefully, the author has written "9/2019 Julie is still alive. She is Hollywood's oldest known living performer from the “Golden Age”." at the bottom. It's customary for many older people to reserve grave plots, and they are often listed on FindAGrave before the individual has actually died.

3) I've found her birth record. Can't find any death record in any of the searchable databases that match.

I'd apply caution here. I think there's a good chance she's still alive.

• Like 3

Awrite, this is getting a touch out of hand...

Julie Gibson isn't dead. Being the oldest former Hollywood actress, enough people are keeping tabs on her that one of them would've noticed her death. I was able to reliably confirm with one of those people that she is very much alive.

22 hours ago, Cant Wait said:

Just found out Julie Gibson turned 106 this month, looks more frail then she ever.

Top notch grammar, anyway, this is the most recent public photo of her - from 2004.

5b90ce525b678.image.thumb.jpg.a6dce57e4e695ce7262abe6c79c4c8ea.jpg

Is it really that unheard-of for an elderly celebrity to stay out the spotlight? IMO it would be much weirder for the family to drag a 106yo back into it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Awrite, this is getting a touch out of hand...

Julie Gibson isn't dead. Being the oldest former Hollywood actress, enough people are keeping tabs on her that one of them would've noticed her death. I was able to reliably confirm with one of those people that she is very much alive.

Top notch grammar, anyway, this is the most recent public photo of her - from 2004.

5b90ce525b678.image.thumb.jpg.a6dce57e4e695ce7262abe6c79c4c8ea.jpg

Is it really that unheard-of for an elderly celebrity to stay out the spotlight? IMO it would be much weirder for the family to drag a 106yo back into it.

She had no children and it is generally only them that keep these old celebs in the loop. 

1 minute ago, dean1991 said:

She had no children and it is generally only them that keep these old celebs in the loop. 

Other relatives are capable of doing that.

52 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

My aunt is sadly now in rapidly failing health, and has no children, but I can confirm that she is still alive, as she is my aunt. As an example.

1 hour ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

It's clear she hasn't got any then.