Spade_Cooley

The 100 Club

Silly Committee, picked the wrong A Lister’s dad. :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Depends who's asking. For Wikipedia standards – no, it's a blog. For everyone else in the real world, probably.

I have not wikipedia standars really, so I update in centenarians deadpool anyway  

Just an FYI – I'm watching the edit war ensue on Wikipedia on Hutton Gibson's page. In the comments section of the last revert to his page, someone is now refuting the fact he is dead.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Just an FYI – I'm watching the edit war ensue on Wikipedia on Hutton Gibson's page. In the comments section of the last revert to his page, someone is now refuting the fact he is dead.

Sounds like another Shrikhande's case for me, that took 2 weeks

Just now, chilean way said:

Sounds like another Shrikhande's case for me, that took 2 weeks

Hutton Gibson way more famous than Shrikhande; IP who commented he is not dead just seems a regular dork.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Gérard Dionne, Canadian Roman Catholic bishop, has died a month before his 101st birthday.

If you can speak French here is an obit for him...https://www.acadienouvelle.com/actualites/2020/05/15/lancien-eveque-dedmundston-mgr-gerard-dionne-nest-plus/

Bernardino Pinera and Damian Borau still carry on at 104 though , like ecclesiastical energiser bunnies ! 

• Like 1

Watching the Eurovision special on the BBC right now. Didn’t realise that Switzerland had a 95 year old represent them in 2013.

Emil Ramsauer of group Takasa.

Anyway, he’s still alive. Turned 102 in Feb!

• Like 2

On 15/05/2020 at 11:38, Ulitzer95 said:

Finally an obit of some kind, albeit in Spanish. Stunning he doesn’t have more out there. 

• Like 1

I emailed TMZ. They wanted to report it because they’ve covered him in the past. They could find no confirmation that he had died.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I emailed TMZ. They wanted to report it because they’ve covered him in the past. They could find no confirmation that he had died.

Dork in life and dorker in death. Anyway there's that Spanish source, so Hutton is explaining Holocaust denial in heaven right now; if it is not true they better deny it. Till then he is dead as a dead dog.

12 minutes ago, drol said:

Dork in life and dorker in death. Anyway there's that Spanish source, so Hutton is explaining Holocaust denial in heaven right now; if it is not true they better deny it. Till then he is dead as a dead dog.

It reminds me of Ruby Muhammad or even Lyndon LaRouche to an extent. Coverage was meagre and final confirmation took some time. It’s typical of cult types – they have a habit of shunning the traditional mainstream media.

Not famous for anyone except me, but my grandmother is turning 100 today. I’ve waited so long to finally say it ! 
welcome to the 100 club mamie ! 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Not famous for anyone except me, but my grandmother is turning 100 today. I’ve waited so long to finally say it ! 
welcome to the 100 club mamie ! 

Good on her, I hope she has had a great day and has many more birthdays to come. 

• Thanks 1

On 13/08/2019 at 20:50, drol said:

A quick list of Indian centenarians, or possible centenarians.

1)Sudhakar Chaturvedi (1897 or 1901): Claims to be a disciple of Gandhi, a famous Vedic scholar and the oldest man ever. According to more sensible sources this man was born in the mid 20s, so should be around 95 now. He probably used someone's else identity. Currently not in the best health, his family declined to let him be interviewed or seen in April, so there is a good chance he's already dead.

2)Dharam Pal Singh (1897): Claims to be the World's oldest marathon runner ever. His claims have been exposed as hoaxes multiple times, and the man was actually born in 1938, he is just using the documents of an older deceased person. But it will be funny to see him living into his 140s ^_^

3)Fauja Singh (1911): I suspect he is a fraudster, probably 10/15 years younger. Still impressive.

4)Pappukutty Bhagavathar (1913): Malayalam singer and actor who has not made a public appearance in years. He is said to be in fair health, but 106 is 106.

5)G. Venkatasubbiah (1913): Kannada lexicographer. Still goes strong as he was seen voting at last polls in April/May.

6)Saalumarada Thimmaka (1910, 1913 or 1919): Tree planter who was in uber-dire health some years ago. God knows how, she recovered and is now fairly active.

7)Aiyappan Pillai (1914): Lawyer and current VP of ruling party BJP. Still going strong, but you can say this about all of them.

8)Lambert Mascharenhas (1914): Of Portuguese descent (Goa). Journalist and Padma Shri awardee, Catholic.

9)Man Kaur (1916): Old athlete.Or claimant to be and old athlete.

10)S. I. Padmavati (1917): Cardiologist.

11)Shyam Saran Negi (1917): Indian first voter. Ever. Looks miserable.

12)Sharadchandra Shankar Shrikhande (1917): An important mathematician.

13)H. S. Doreswamy (1918): Journalist and activist

14)Philipose Mar Chrysostom (1918): Metropolitan of the Syrian Church.

15)K. R. Gowri Amma (1919): Head of a small party in Kerala, former Minister.

16)Amala Shankar (1919): famous danseuse, widow of Uday Shankar.

Groan..

Saalumarada Thimmakka hospitalised, but condition is stable.

17 hours ago, drol said:

Saalumarada Thimmakka hospitalised, but condition is stable.

Thimmakka fully recovered... Yaaaawn.

• Facepalm 1