Spade_Cooley

The 100 Club

24 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

How did you compile this list?

Using wikipedia's list, names posted here and centenarians deadpool and a little of own investigation :D

Boris Pahor is 107 today. He is the oldest living Nazi concentration camp survivor & on the recent list of foreign Wiki entries.

• Like 3

On 22/06/2020 at 17:24, drol said:

A bit of updating the list:

1)Dharam Pal Singh (1897, 1938): Still unsinkable and will be here for a long time.

2)Fauja Singh (1911): In failing health, both physically and mentally. Does not leave home nowadays and lost a dear friend to COVID just some months ago.

3)G. Venkatasubbiah (1913): Very old and frail, probably not able to walk anymore.

4)Saalumarada Thimmakka (1910?): In failing health, has been in hospital recently and mostly bedridden. Here we go again.

5)Aiyappan Pillai (1914): Declining health, received a call from the PM mid April, apparently bedridden.

6)Lambert Mascarenhas (1915): No news in years.

7)Man Kaur (1916): Still going incredibly strong.

8)S. I. Padmavati (1917): no news for a long time.

9)Shyem Saran Negi (1917): has been "seriously ill" and bedridden since January. A mystery how he is still alive.

10)H. S. Doreswamy (1918): Still going strong.

11)Philipose Mar Chrysostom (1917): Very frail, bedridden, physically weak according to his doctors.

12)K. R. Gowri Amma (1919): Increasingly frail and bedridden.

13)Amala Shankar (1919): suffering from severe dementia, unable to feed herself, bedridden for years.

A very frail-looking list...

S. I. Padmavati dead at 103 according to this tweet.

Edits to her Wiki page suggest it was COVID-19.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I await verification with interest!

9 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Confirmed. Well, visiting old patients in hospital at 103 when a pandemic is going on should go on Watchmojo Worst Choices in Horror Movies list...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

Confirmed. Well, visiting old patients in hospital at 103 when a pandemic is going on should go on Watchmojo Worst Choices in Horror Movies list...

I never doubted it ...:mellow:

On 22/06/2020 at 18:24, drol said:

A bit of updating the list:

1)Dharam Pal Singh (1897, 1938): Still unsinkable and will be here for a long time.

2)Fauja Singh (1911): In failing health, both physically and mentally. Does not leave home nowadays and lost a dear friend to COVID just some months ago.

3)G. Venkatasubbiah (1913): Very old and frail, probably not able to walk anymore.

4)Saalumarada Thimmakka (1910?): In failing health, has been in hospital recently and mostly bedridden. Here we go again.

5)Aiyappan Pillai (1914): Declining health, received a call from the PM mid April, apparently bedridden.

6)Lambert Mascarenhas (1915): No news in years.

7)Man Kaur (1916): Still going incredibly strong.

8)S. I. Padmavati (1917): no news for a long time.

9)Shyem Saran Negi (1917): has been "seriously ill" and bedridden since January. A mystery how he is still alive.

10)H. S. Doreswamy (1918): Still going strong.

11)Philipose Mar Chrysostom (1917): Very frail, bedridden, physically weak according to his doctors.

12)K. R. Gowri Amma (1919): Increasingly frail and bedridden.

13)Amala Shankar (1919): suffering from severe dementia, unable to feed herself, bedridden for years.

A very frail-looking list...

Book about Fauja Singh published. No whatsoever update on his health, but he  has not commented.

• Haha 1

Norman Thrower, a British-born UCLA professor in their geography department from 1957 to 1990 and formerly the directors of the (Columbus) Quincentenary Programs at the UCLA Center for Medieval & Renaissance Studies and the university's Clark Library, has died. He was 100.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?n=norman-joseph-william-thrower&pid=196753091

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

Not an obit, but more formal confirmation of the death of Al G. Wright: https://t.e2ma.net/webview/z48bfc/9b8f817f494af38af229743e9508288c

one of those oldies that I only heard of because he was right next to Olivia Dr Haviland on the Wikipedia list of centenarians..between her and Ronald Atkins...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Costa Rican-American Author, activist, former First Lady and jounalist Henrietta Boggs dead at 102 years:

https://www.crhoy.com/obituarios-crhoy/murio-la-exprimera-dama-henrietta-boggs/

I thought she was maybe the founder of a toilet company or something! :lol:

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 19:46, TomTomTelekom said:

R&B and jazz musician Hal Singer, who has collaborated with a variety of celebrated artists, including Coleman Hawkins, died at 100 years:

https://www.leparisien.fr/yvelines-78/yvelines-hal-singer-la-legende-du-jazz-a-souffle-sa-derniere-note-20-08-2020-8370699.php

He has also played with groups like Rocket 88.

Hal Singer QO: https://www.theguardian.com/global/2020/sep/14/hal-singer-obituary

Off I go to the Poker Tourney thread....

• Like 3

Please welcome to the 100 Club the "Poet Laureate of Baseball", American sportswriter and former fiction editor of The New Yorker Roger Angell. Giving interviews to mark his century so presumably will be with us for a while longer.

• Like 2

Kenneth McAlpine, former racing driver, founder of Connaught Engineering, former High Sherrif of Kent, vintner, a WW2 fighter pilot, former chairman of McAlpine Helicopters and a director of the McAlpine construction company, as well as being a former Governor of Eastbourne College is 100 today. 

• Like 4