Spade_Cooley

The 100 Club

Kim Yong-ju, brother of Kim Il-sung, North Korea's founder is, has possibly (according to a google search about his age) celebrated his 100th birthday today

9 hours ago, arghton said:

Kim Yong-ju, brother of Kim Il-sung, North Korea's founder is, has possibly (according to a google search about his age) celebrated his 100th birthday today

1920 is a wrong birth date, provided by NK Leadership Watch, which is often unreliable about birth dates. According to North Korea itself Kim Yong-ju was born in 1922 so he turns 98 today. Also a 1972 NYT article reports him as being 50 back then, when he was considered the raising star of North Korea. I sincerely don't know where the 1920 date comes from. 

• Like 3

Just announced that American canoeist John Lysak (wiki), the world’s oldest living Olympian, died back in January aged 105.

The oldest living Olympian is now Uruguayan sailor Felix Sienra (wiki) who is 104.

To settle a query from earlier this week, it’s also been confirmed that the oldest living British Olympian is 98 year old sailor David Bowker (wiki), who is a few months older than Edna Child.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Just announced that American canoeist John Lysak (wiki), the world’s oldest living Olympian, died back in January aged 105.

The oldest living Olympian is now Uruguayan sailor Felix Sienra (wiki) who is 104.

To settle a query from earlier this week, it’s also been confirmed that the oldest living British Olympian is 98 year old sailor David Bowker (wiki), who is a few months older than Edna Child.

It's a bit sad that someone who lives to 105 dies and no one even knows about it for the best part of a year. I hope they didn't find his body  rotting in his flat ...:(

It makes you wonder how many other centenarians are actually dead but no one knows about it. 

10 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

It's a bit sad that someone who lives to 105 dies and no one even knows about it for the best part of a year. I hope they didn't find his body  rotting in his flat ...:(

It makes you wonder how many other centenarians are actually dead but no one knows about it. 

Can’t work out if you’re a clever troll or suffer from terminal stupidity.

American artist Eric Bransby (wiki), described by the NPR as "one of the last living links to the great age of American mural painting", dead a month shy of his 104th birthday.

• Like 2

Lillian Brown, a makeup consultant for nine Presidents, has died. She was 106. She began with Dwight D. Eisenhower and continued in her role through the Bill Clinton Presidency.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/lillian-brown-makeup-artist-and-image-consultant-for-nine-presidents-dies-at-106/2020/09/26/81544596-fe90-11ea-8d05-9beaaa91c71f_story.html

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Colonel John Waddy (wiki), British Army officer, World War II veteran, POW who would go on to become director of the SAS and a writer, dead at 100 according to this museum page on Facebook.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Colonel John Waddy (wiki), British Army officer, World War II veteran, POW who would go on to become director of the SAS and a writer, dead at 100 according to this museum page on Facebook.

John Waddy is a DDP Pick. Here is a Qobit: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/12790480/ex-sas-colonel-wwii-hero-dies-aged-100/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

"John Waddy, a WWII hero, was died at the age of 100"

Yup, definitely Sun journalism.

I didn't say it was a good Qobit! :lol:

• Haha 1

On 17/09/2020 at 16:32, Ulitzer95 said:

Edwin M. Cronk, U.S. Ambassador to Singapore (1972–1975), dead at 102.

George S. Vest now the oldest U.S. ambassador... I think. Turns 102 in December.

James F. Leonard, U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. (1977–1979), died in August aged 100.

Another one from my old politico watchlist. I believe George S. Vest is now the only U.S. ambassador who is also a centenarian.

• Like 2

Marilyn Shapiro Asher (wiki), author and artist primarily known for surviving both the Spanish Flu in 1919 and COVID-19 in March has now died aged 107. 

• Like 2

Instagram reporting the death of French winemaker and cook Lucie "Lulu" Peyraud (wiki) aged 102.

Her husband Lucien, also a renowned winemaker, died in 1996.

Translation:
"
This morning, Lulu joined Lucien. She stays with us forever - her joy and good humor fill our thoughts."

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Instagram reporting the death of French winemaker and cook Lucie "Lulu" Peyraud (wiki) aged 102.

Translation:
"
This morning, Lulu joined Lucien. She stays with us forever - her joy and good humor fill our thoughts."

The death of a true winemaking legend !   I cried over many years drinking her wine ! I am crying more than ever tonight ! R.I.P you genius !!

!!!!!!   !!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, The Quim Reaper said:

The death of a true winemaking legend.I cried over many years drinking her wine.I am crying more than ever tonight. R.I.P you genius.

I also cried wine-flavoured tears!!

2 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

The death of a true winemaking legend.I cried over many years drinking her wine.I am crying more than ever tonight. R.I.P you genius.

TBF, your post doesn't contain the minimum threshold of unnecessary exclamation marks to qualify as a Coffin_Lodger original.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

TBF, your post doesn't contain the minimum threshold of unnecessary exclamation marks to qualify as a Coffin_Lodger original.

You’re absolutely right. Fixed.

On 07/10/2020 at 22:56, Ulitzer95 said:

Translation:
"

Is she really over a 100 when this photo was taken? Because if so she looks quite sexy for a 100 year old.

• Like 1

Sports journalist and broadcaster Sid Hartman died at 100 years:

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/10/18/sid-hartman-legendary-minnesota-sports-journalist-dies-at-100/

He was known for his sports journalism work for Minnesota's Star Tribune, he also managed the Minneapolis Lakers professional basketball team (which later became the famous Los Angeles Lakers team) and provided sports commentary on a Minneapolis radio station.

• Like 2