Spade_Cooley

The 100 Club

3 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Or course it is, this is the very title of the thread ! But if you make a post about someone dead on the 14th of may while we’re the 9th of january, it’s pointless. Do you understand Why it’s iritating ? How old are you ?

I am 26, and it is irritating because the anniversary post was posted when it was not the anniversary date.  So I am making a document of these noted individuals for the date of their death and once I made that post of the individual, I'm crossing their names out on the document so I won't have to make any repeat posts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John "요한" Sulu said:

I am 26, and it is irritating because the anniversary post was posted when it was not the anniversary date.  So I am making a document of these noted individuals for the date of their death and once I made that post of the individual, I'm crossing their names out on the document so I won't have to make any repeat posts.

And I thought I am boring posting stuff on this site.

7 minutes ago, John "요한" Sulu said:

Great, you should do that yes, but please, get used to the very purpose of this site because it seems like most of the Time you can’t understand What we’re doing here.

Minor Swedish royal, count Hans-Gabriel Trolle-Wachtmeister has turned 100 on January 9th.
https://www.kristianstadsbladet.se/familj/greve-hans-gabriel-trolle-wachtmeister-fyller-100/

His family has German origins and immigrated to Sweden in the 16th century, his great-great-grandfather was Minister for Justice in the 19th century.

Count Hans-Gabriel is the widower of former Swedish chief court mistress Countess Alice Viktoria Trolle-Wachtmeister, who died in 2017 aged 91.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WEP said:

Minor Swedish royal, count Hans-Gabriel Trolle-Wachtmeister has turned 100 on January 9th.
https://www.kristianstadsbladet.se/familj/greve-hans-gabriel-trolle-wachtmeister-fyller-100/

His family has German origins and immigrated to Sweden in the 16th century, his great-great-grandfather was Minister for Justice in the 19th century.

Count Hans-Gabriel is the widower of former Swedish chief court mistress Countess Alice Viktoria Trolle-Wachtmeister, who died in 2017 aged 91.

Not a royal I don’t think. He’s an aristocrat. 

• Like 1

One new name for us: 109-years old social worker Anita Mackey seems to be in extremely rough shape...

https://images.app.goo.gl/tr3Bm4bb66sXzzfb8

On 20/07/2021 at 01:23, Ulitzer95 said:

*snip*
Prof. Walter Murgatroyd b. 1921 / Professor of Thermal Power
*snip*

Walter Murgatroyd dead at 101.

Spoiler

MURGATROYD Professor Walter died peacefully on 17th December 2022, aged 101. First UK professor of nuclear engineering and emeritus professor of thermal power. Widower of Denise, father of Linda, Alan (d.1980) and Francis, and grandfather. Funeral Putney Vale Crematorium 19th January.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Abdul Ghani Azhari, Indian historian dead aged 100. 

(Can someone tell me how to also cross post this in the Indian thread)

Please don’t. We’re already bored.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Please don’t. We’re already bored.

Why

Turkish journalist Hifzi Topuz (Wiki) turns 100 today

Hıfzı Topuz: Kitabın altında birtakım başka mühim konular da var

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

Canadian sailor David E. Howard (Wikidead at 104

Ohh, Goodbye Sailor!

12 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Canadian sailor David E. Howard (Wikidead at 104

Howard was the 2nd oldest Olympian known to be alive.

Félix Sienra (b. 1916) is now the last known living Olympian born in the 1910s.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The population of Japan in 1922 was 57,390,000 but only 90,000+ people from that figure still alive today. Despite of this, it still a remarkable achievement if we compared it to other countries. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Clarence said:

The population of Japan in 1922 was 57,390,000 but only 90,000+ people from that figure still alive today. Despite of this, it still a remarkable achievement if we compared it to other countries. 

Japan is also dealing with a birth rate crisis. In 2021, the number was just 811,622 – the lowest since records began in 1899.

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Japan is also dealing with a birth rate crisis. In 2021, the number was just 811,622 – the lowest since records began in 1899.

Will be under 800k for 2022 and under 700k by 2025.

Former Polish minister of culture Aleksander Krawczuk dead at 100.

• Like 6