Spade_Cooley

The 100 Club

2 minutes ago, Barry B Benson said:

Any 100+ year old ever died from a bee sting? Asking for a friend

*checks all over the internet for answer*

Sorry, can't seem to help you there. Now I should be heading back to my safe place to listen to some more jazz...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

*checks all over the internet for answer*

Sorry, can't seem to help you there. Now I should be heading back to my safe place to listen to some more jazz...

Bring your old pal Bazza B, you know I can't resist some jazz, it makes me honey up my stinger :eshock:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

She's a definite contender for oldest woman in the world in a few years time ! 

I red on Wikipedia (What a great source of information) that she may be born in 1917, which means that she could « only » (What a strange use of the term) be 101 yo...

Dave Bartholomew, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee, musician and songwriter of mid-20th-century classics "Blue Monday," "I'm Walkin'" and "My Ding-A-Ling", joined the 100 Club on 24 December 2018.

37 minutes ago, Torva Messor said:

Dave Bartholomew, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee, musician and songwriter of mid-20th-century classics "Blue Monday," "I'm Walkin'" and "My Ding-A-Ling", joined the 100 Club on 24 December 2018.

This was a rollercoaster 

6 hours ago, Banana said:

This was a rollercoaster 

'Twas, had my finger over the backspace under my shadow list for a minute there.

3 hours ago, charon said:

Aldo Parisot aged 100.

Americas foremost cello teacher, unquote end quote.

https://slippedisc.com/2018/12/americas-foremost-cello-teacher-has-died-at-100/

Sorry, my teeth were grating, I had to let it out.  That said, the whole fucking thing is wrong because you never said quote to begin the process.  Fucker.

On 28/12/2018 at 18:58, CoffinLodger said:

Gets the full obit treatment:  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46714673

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 15:35, maryportfuncity said:

The BBC got such a positive reaction to a news feature on William Frankland that they'll be doing a few more. 105 and still working and publishing academic papers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/105-year-old-doctor-william-frankland-pow-camp-second-world-war-saddam-hussein-treat-a7660611.html

William Frankland has done a "Hard Talk" with Stephen Sackur: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bxr2bz/hardtalk-dr-william-frankland-allergist-and-wwii-prisoner-of-war-in-singapore

This guy looks like supercentenarian material to me. (That's jinxed him...)

On 30/12/2018 at 00:59, Torva Messor said:

The first centenarian of rock music...

37 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

The first centenarian of rock music...

Not a musician himself, but would Art Rupe, founder of Specialty Records, count? He turned 100 about a year before Dave, and is a fellow R&R HoFer.

• Thanks 1

On 11/01/2019 at 03:15, Death Impends said:

Not a musician himself, but would Art Rupe, founder of Specialty Records, count? He turned 100 about a year before Dave, and is a fellow R&R HoFer.

Interesting footnote from the Internet:

"In 1952, Rupe first traveled to New Orleans because of his attraction to the gospel sound of Fats Domino who played piano in the band of Dave Bartholomew..."

It was then that the three black men discovered the secret to long life.

Just now, Life Is Beautiful said:

Interesting footnote from the Internet:

"In 1952, Rupe first traveled to New Orleans because of his attraction to the gospel sound of Fats Domino who played piano in the band of Dave Bartholomew..."

It was then that the three black men discovered the secret to long life.

Sounds like they cut Fats out of the deal....:lol:

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:56, Spade_Cooley said:

Please welcome Ms Diana Athill to this exclusive club. As she herself says, “The world is in a ghastly state and actually I’m quite glad not to have to live through very much more of it”

Diana Athill Dead.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Diana Athill Dead.

:(

As I've oft said on here, huge fan of her work. Sad news (though she lived a long and fruitful life).

• Like 1

Hidekichi Miyazaki, once the world's fastest centenarian, dead at 108. So far only Japanese obits.

Feels like it's gonna be a brutal year for "big" centenarians ("big" meaning popular on forum). Arguably started very late in December with Overton and Lusk, and in the past week we've seen a forum legend and one of the few suitably DL-y centenarians to never appear on the front page go.

• Like 1