Spade_Cooley

The 100 Club

Er, American actor Norman Lloyd (who already looked fucking ancient when he played Dr. Auschlander on 80s hospital drama St. Elsewhere) turned 100 last month. Whoops, no-one spotted that.

He's appearing in a film next year and apparently still plays tennis twice a week.

I had him in my Deathrace team this year but have dropped him for next year.

Thanks for making me feel good about that decision.

Er, I think he also had a fairly significant role as a teacher or headteacher in Dead Poets Society (never seen it).

I would have completely forgotten about that movie if Robin Williams hadn't decided to love angels instead earlier this year.

The other odd thing apart from the fact he already looked half-ready to drop on St. Elsewhere was that his character also had terminal cancer but decided to Carry on Doctoring Regardless just as eagerly as Al Gore and his "scientist" pals did after ClimateGate. So he's "supposed to have died years ago" in many different ways seemingly. I give him until 101 or maybe even 102, then he'll be as dead as serve-and-volleying.

• Like 1

The Chands of Bradford celebrated their 89th wedding anniversary yesterday!!! He is 109 and she is around 102.

She's "around 102" and she's been married 89 years!!

Are Operation Yewtree planning to run this pervert to ground, then?

• Like 5

Guest Guest

Here are some 100+ year olds which I don't think I have seen discussed elsewhere but I think would have reasonable chances of getting an obit but are not really locks

Errie Ball(born 1910)- Golfer who competed at the 1st Masters Tournament in 1936

Bobbie Heine Miller(born 1909)- South African female tennis player who was 5 in the world in 1929.QF at Wimbledon and 2 SF appearances in mixed doubles.

Magda Olivero(born 1910)-Italian Soprano

Lionel Ferbos(born 1911)-Oldest Jazz Musician in New Orleans

Dieter Grau(born 1912)-Rocket scientist who worked on V-2 rockets during WW2

Ace Parker(born 1912)-Old living American football and baseball player. Is a football(NFL) Hall of Famer

dieter Grau dead leaving just Bobbi Heine Miller still alive http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2014/12/dieter_grau_one_of_the_last_me.html

Bernice Gordon, who had her first New York Times crossword published in 1952 and her last in 2014, dead at 101.

1 down

• Like 4

Bernice Gordon, who had her first New York Times crossword published in 1952 and her last in 2014, dead at 101.

1 down

Mine was: Bernice Gordon, 4 letters, first one is a "d"

• Like 1

And neither of his names starts with a Z. Those weird Japanese.

Guest Guest

A thread for people who have passed the age of 100 but have (very, very) faint claims to fame other than "just being old". The lifeblood of many a DDP theme team, really, may as well get them all in one place. Plus it gives me an excuse to have a regular meeting point for two of my favourites: 110-year-old paranormal investigator Alexander Imich and 107-year-old financier Irving Kahn, who apparently still goes to work daily. Check out his current stock portfolio here.

Anyway, so here's where we can rhapsodise about Run Run Shaw, Roy Douglas and Vo Nguyen Giap and the many public appearances they'll no doubt be making in the near future.

One of the leading actors of the pre-blaxploitation era cowboy "race movies", Herb Jeffries, just turned 100.

Irving Khan has finally sold all his shares at 109 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/11437697/Irving-Kahn-the-worlds-oldest-investor-dies-at-109.html

Guest Guest

A thread for people who have passed the age of 100 but have (very, very) faint claims to fame other than "just being old". The lifeblood of many a DDP theme team, really, may as well get them all in one place. Plus it gives me an excuse to have a regular meeting point for two of my favourites: 110-year-old paranormal investigator Alexander Imich and 107-year-old financier Irving Kahn, who apparently still goes to work daily. Check out his current stock portfolio here.

Anyway, so here's where we can rhapsodise about Run Run Shaw, Roy Douglas and Vo Nguyen Giap and the many public appearances they'll no doubt be making in the near future.

One of the leading actors of the pre-blaxploitation era cowboy "race movies", Herb Jeffries, just turned 100.

Composer Roy Douglas has died which means everyone from the opening post are now gone http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/11494520/Roy-Douglas-composer-obituary.html

Guest Guest

This is the correct thread though.I can't be held responsible for other people posting it in the wrong thread !

I am so tired of reading this. Does this guy hold the record for the number of threads in which his death has been announced?

Thank God he wasn't Belgian.

• Like 3

Piet de Jong 100, happy birthday!

• Like 1

Happy Birthday, if he goes in the next 24 hours, 6 teams (including 2 Jokers) in the DDP shall be rejoicing.

Guest Guest

He is now one of 3 former PMs or presidents aged 100 or over along with Anton Vratusa and Telmo Vargas ! (I thought Fred Degazon was the 4th but it turns out he died back in 2008 )