Sign in to follow this  
thefunkyfaz

Tom Hanks

Don't think he's going anywhere soon (hopefully) but apparently Tom Hanks has just been diagnosed with Type II diabetes, which has been lurking in his system for 20 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2449508/Tom-Hanks-reveals-Type-2-Diabetes.html

He'd better start being careful if life really is like a box of chocolates...

• Haha 1

He'd better watch out for those Angels and Demons.

• Haha 1

He's on the Road to Perdition...

• Haha 1

These film-related puns are not Big

Guest Kenan

He will be Terminally Sleepless in Hollywood the next few months. I doubt he will attend any Bachelor Parties or want to Splash down on the beach worrying about his Oscar chances for his performance Captain Phillips. If his band of brothers in the academy vote for him because of that thing he do, he will be in a league of his own among male actors as a 3 time Oscar winner.

He will be Terminally Sleepless in Hollywood the next few months. I doubt he will attend any Bachelor Parties or want to Splash down on the beach worrying about his Oscar chances for his performance Captain Phillips. If his band of brothers in the academy vote for him because of that thing he do, he will be in a league of his own among male actors as a 3 time Oscar winner.

Daniel Day-Lewis is the first actor with 3 Academy Awards for Best Actor (My left foot; There will be blood; Lincoln).

Other 3 time Oscar winners (actors) are Jack Nicholson (2 Best Actor, 1 Supporting Actor) and Walter Brennan (3 Supporting Actor-Awards).

On 13/10/2018 at 02:34, gcreptile said:

A sound mixer of his new movie "Mr Rogers" dies after falling from a balcony.

He was killed by Gravity.

7 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

He was killed by Gravity.

Gravity was just the catalyst.  It was Newton's 3rd law that did him in.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Gravity was just the catalyst.  It was Newton's 3rd law that did him in.

Bullshit. Einstein proved 100 years ago that space and time are nothing but components of a 4-dimensional mathematical continuum. Thus both space and time are illusions. In the end there's nothing that can do anyone in.

That's because all that exists is the immortal quantum wave function - as the Nobel laureate Edwin Schrodinger and some later physicists have pointed out

Ok.  We can test that.  Go jump off a bridge.  Get back to us with the result.:hatsoff:

5 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Ok.  We can test that.  Go jump off a bridge.  Get back to us with the result.:hatsoff:

There's no ego-consciousness called bladan who somehow could get back to you (through mediums?) to tell you about the result.

Read my lips: bladan doesn't exist. Neither do you. Only the quantum wave function exists (which Plato called the Eternal Living Being)

17 minutes ago, bladan said:

There's no ego-consciousness called bladan who somehow could get back to you (through mediums?) to tell you about the result.

Read my lips: bladan doesn't exist. Neither do you. Only the quantum wave function exists (which Plato called the Eternal Living Being)

If bladan doesn't exist, how can he have lips? 

23 minutes ago, bladan said:

Only the quantum wave function exists, so by implication Plato didn’t exist either. How can you give credence to what he said? Or what bladan said if he doesn’t exist? You don’t have to answer that of course, I don’t exist either.

Cogito ergo sum.

Even if quantum wave/particles are ultimately the fundamental constituent.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

10 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Only the quantum wave function exists, so by implication Plato didn’t exist either. How can you give credence to what he said? Or what bladan said if he doesn’t exist? You don’t have to answer that of course, I don’t exist either.

A very good question. I hate thinking and especially writing but I'll try.

You and me and Plato and other manifestations of ego-consciousness exist only as components of the Matrix, or the walrus, as Lennon put it - the quantum wave function - the Father, which is the only subject in Buddhist and Vedic thought.

"I am he as you are he as you are me And we are all together"

The only fundamental ontology (i.e. all that exists) is the universal wave function evolving in a deterministic way without action at a distance.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1602.05025

Fuck here we go again :lol:

Ach, fuck all else on *lies back to watch Sunday night unravel.

All that exists is the universal wave function. Neither you nor Bladan does exist. Plato didn't exist. But they all do exist as subcomponents of the universal quantum wave function. If you disagree, please point out Prof Vaidman's mistake. He's one of the leading physicists on the planet but surely you can do better.

Here's the link again:

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1602.05025.pdf

Well, I thought I would at least lure Sir Creep into this thread. I didn't expect... this.

• Haha 5

I can see Deathray2 posting soon.

Deathray2 : if I don't exist why am I banned?

PB : you're not. The ban isn't real.

Deathray2 : eh? Why can't I post then???

PB : Because the forum is in a Continuum where you are not.

Deathray2 : <sobs>

Just bringing it up to say that he unfortunately got the coronavirus...

Jesus, I was not expecting that conversation to be in the opening thread for Tom Hanks. The whole thing needs wiping.

Hope he'll be ok combating the virus alongside his diabetes, can't lose Forrest yet.