Red Flag

Monty Python

Terry Gilliam was unable to discuss his new movie at Cannes because he was hospitalized and apparently suffered a stroke over the weekend:

http://www.looper.com/121276/terry-gilliam-reportedly-hospitalized-ahead-cannes-decision-premiere-man-killed-don-quixote/

Edit: That movie is going to kill him, isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Terry Gilliam was unable to discuss his new movie at Cannes because he was hospitalized and apparently suffered a stroke over the weekend:

http://www.looper.com/121276/terry-gilliam-reportedly-hospitalized-ahead-cannes-decision-premiere-man-killed-don-quixote/

Alzheimer's sucks, but sounds like the film will be entirely forgettable to all of us.  All of us Yanks at least.
Amazon is poised to pull out of distributing Terry Gilliam’s “The Man Who Killed Don Quixote” in the United States.
SC

22 hours ago, gcreptile said:

• Like 1

New pic of Terry Jones. Not looking too bad, all things considered. Via Michael Palin.

Saw Terry J last week, looking very well, as you can see. We walked up to the local pub for a midday half-pint. He’d already been out for a morning constitutional over Hampstead Heath. Unstoppable !

41983108_1696128413846058_15562271327938

1 hour ago, msc said:

New pic of Terry Jones. Not looking too bad, all things considered. Via Michael Palin.

Yes but his morning walk on Hampstead Heath was not done alone, right?

I mean, can he go anywhere on his own? Probably not.

Just now, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yes but his morning walk on Hampstead Heath was not done alone, right?

I mean, can he go anywhere on his own? Probably not.

Well... duh?

"Oh I'll just let the demented celeb out for a donder by himself, what's the worst that can happen? Oh shit, he's fallen off a cliff chasing that nonexistent tiger!"

6 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Michael Palin looks as cunty as ever

A barely stocked kitchen is never a good sign....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Well... duh?

"Oh I'll just let the demented celeb out for a donder by himself, what's the worst that can happen? Oh shit, he's fallen off a cliff chasing that nonexistent tiger!"

Snotty git!:lol:

I meant, well, he was being talked up like he is ok, bobbing along nicely but he isn't.

Even that pic is bullshit really, you can almost see Palin, through the side of his mouth, saying, 'wave and smile Terry....'

He DOES look bad, semi confused with the look of somebody that doesn't really know what's going on around him and if he were to pull his trousers up any higher he would have a testicle in each trouser leg.

So there.:D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Snotty git!:lol:

I meant, well, he was being talked up like he is ok, bobbing along nicely but he isn't.

Even that pic is bullshit really, you can almost see Palin, through the side of his mouth, saying, 'wave and smile Terry....'

He DOES look bad, semi confused with the look of somebody that doesn't really know what's going on around him and, if he were to pull his trousers up any higher he would have a testicle in each trouser leg.

So there.:D

Aye, noted, but... I assumed that was covered by the "all things considered" bit! :D You know, in the same way Kirk Douglas is looking good, all things considered (ie he's still breathing)! :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

Aye, noted, but... I assumed that was covered by the "all things considered" bit! :D You know, in the same way Kirk Douglas is looking good, all things considered (ie he's still breathing)! :lol:

Cannot argue with that!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Cannot argue with that!

Thought I was going to have to write up more Scottish idiom translations or something. Probably co-written with Willz, can you imagine if charon wrote it? "Fuck off and Google it, you no righter wrong un cuntos!" or something like that. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

^^ harsh on me, but ultimately fair.....

"Donder" tho, have a fucking word with yourself.

"Dauner", maybe. No second 'D'.

2 hours ago, runebomme said:

Michael Palin looks as cunty as ever

Mentally speaking Jones doesn't look like he's remotely all there. Seriously, unless they've photo-shopped his face (which I doubt) he looks gone to the extent of occasional accidents in his trousers. I trust the committee are paying attention

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Terry Jones barely recognizes the rest of the Monty Python crew. Maybe one for the 2019 list after all...

Aye, he doesn't even recognise Michael Palin, who Jones absolutely adored. Latter stages now.

Just went three years with PPA too - as I referenced in the other thread.

6 minutes ago, msc said:

Aye, he doesn't even recognise Michael Palin, who Jones absolutely adored. Latter stages now.

Just went three years with PPA too - as I referenced in the other thread.

Three years since diagnosed but unfortunately he probably had for a year before being diagnosed. So its likely around four years. 

On 12/10/2018 at 15:09, Joey Russ said:

Terry Jones barely recognizes the rest of the Monty Python crew. Maybe one for the 2019 list after all...

Could be the rest of them had major weight loss, hair loss, glasses,, had a face lift etc, and all he said was ‘gents, well look at you, I barely recognize you!’ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Terry Jones is 77 today! :birthday:

Guest list for his party included Peter Graves didn't it?

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

He *needs* to be on the 2020 list if he makes it. Made my final 25 slots in consideration for the DDP, but I foolishly thought lack of forum traction meant his Drop 40 chances had dwindled.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msc said:

He *needs* to be on the 2020 list if he makes it. Made my final 25 slots in consideration for the DDP, but I foolishly thought lack of forum traction meant his Drop 40 chances had dwindled.

Well, on the bright side, he’ll be a Crowdsource Deathlist hit whether he goes this year or next year.

• Like 1