Red Flag

Monty Python

20 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Yeah, but can he drop his kecks and sit down in front of an organ?

Given that he once did that for money the DWP might still recognise him as fit for work.

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, but can he drop his kecks and sit down in front of an organ?

Given that he once did that for money the DWP might still recognise him as fit for work.

It's just a flesh wound

12 hours ago, Banana said:

Umm is this even news? I already have this notted down in my notes and if I recall this has been known since sometime last year. 

I think that it was reported that he was unable to give interview, not that he wasn't able to speak.

Yeah, I don't know what's the difference either.

Edit: No, you are right https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3291896/terry-jones-dementia-is-so-advanced-he-now-cant-speak-reveals-monty-python-co-star-michael-palin/

26 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

I think that it was reported that he was unable to give interview, not that he wasn't able to speak.

Yeah, I don't know what's the difference either.

Edit: No, you are right https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3291896/terry-jones-dementia-is-so-advanced-he-now-cant-speak-reveals-monty-python-co-star-michael-palin/

I guess they weren't expecting the Spanish Inquisition. 

• Like 1

John Cleese is 80 today! :birthday:

As it's Sunday, go out for a silly walk. ;)

• Like 3

Sucks. :(

• Like 1

Monty Python collaborator and Jabberwocky screenwriter Charles Alverson reportedly dead at 84 on Wiki.

• Sad 1

That's 2 Pythons dead inside a month.Neil Innes and now terry Jones. The no 9 bus rule strikes again ! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, drol said:

Monty Python collaborator and Jabberwocky screenwriter Charles Alverson reportedly dead at 84 on Wiki.

Seems to have been picked up by a Serbian publication. Though it’s behind a pay wall.

According to his Wiki page, he lived in Serbia the past 25 years. Random.

20 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Seems to have been picked up by a Serbian publication. Though it’s behind a pay wall.

According to his Wiki page, he lived in Serbia the past 25 years. Random.

Even weirder if you recall Serbia in 1995. Who goes "daily bombs going off and an active warzone, that's my dream retirement..."?

• Haha 1

Terry Gilliam turned 80 recently and BFI did a thing for him, featuring a bunch of geriatric guests, including Jonathan Pryce who it seems hasn't fully recovered from his Covid bout, as his breathing sounds quite laboured. Terry's looking fine though, as are Cleese and Palin, Idle is absent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW0EWSzJiT0

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, The Dead Cow said:

Terry Gilliam turned 80 recently and BFI did a thing for him, featuring a bunch of geriatric guests, including Jonathan Pryce who it seems hasn't fully recovered from his Covid bout, as his breathing sounds quite laboured. Terry's looking fine though, as are Cleese and Palin, Idle is absent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW0EWSzJiT0

Yes, Palin sounds and looks remarkable for his age and Gilliam seems well too, in this clip. However, Cleese doesn’t look as healthy or youthful as the other two here and has got me thinking, he may well be the next Monty Python member to depart. 

8 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Yes, Palin sounds and looks remarkable for his age and Gilliam seems well too, in this clip. However, Cleese doesn’t look as healthy or youthful as the other two here and has got me thinking, he may well be the next Monty Python member to depart. 

I mean, he is the oldest. Cleese looks to me as he has done for years, maybe his voice is getting slightly more gravelly. His mother lived to 101 though, so I reckon he's got a few years left before he dies, departs, ceases to be, shuffles off this mortal coil, etc.

• Like 1

Eric on Twitter just now. Looks like he has lost a bit of weight?:

16 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

He apparently supports Scottish Independence these days.

There’s a special place on my shadow list for people like him...

18 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

He looks very good for a 77 year old to me. I think he may be the last Python standing.

On 28/03/2021 at 19:00, Deathrace said:

He looks very good for a 77 year old to me. I think he may be the last Python standing.

Been watching One Foot in the Grave boxset the last few days. He guested most series as a one-off character (as well as doing that awful-yet-catchy theme tune).

Anyway, he looked old and middle aged well before most of the others but seems to be in aspic now. He could be a contender for the last man standing; Michael Palin, bless him, did look a bit old and hooty on the recent BBC retrospective of his globetrotting travel series from back in the day.

1 hour ago, NotTheNagsHeadReading said:

Been watching One Foot in the Grave boxset the last few days. He guested most series as a one-off character (as well as doing that awful-yet-catchy theme tune).

Anyway, he looked old and middle aged well before most of the others but seems to be in aspic now. He could be a contender for the last man standing; Michael Palin, bless him, did look a bit old and hooty on the recent BBC retrospective of his globetrotting travel series from back in the day.

Need a mod to rule on this, is the competition open to last woman standing too

Carol Cleveland (79) might yet see them all out

carol_peacockchair.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Need a mod to rule on this, is the competition open to last woman standing too

Carol Cleveland (79) might yet see them all out

carol_peacockchair.jpg

Does John Cleese's ex and Polly from Fawlty Towers, Connie Booth, count as she was in a lot of the early Python stuff? She's now between 76-81 depending on which of the birth dates listed you believe. 

47 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Does John Cleese's ex and Polly from Fawlty Towers, Connie Booth, count as she was in a lot of the early Python stuff? She's now between 76-81 depending on which of the birth dates listed you believe. 

A good point - yeah, I'd say she was there enough to count as a Python - as she says just before she's condemned as a witch in Python and the Holy Grail; "It's a fair cop!"

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

A good point - yeah, I'd say she was there enough to count as a Python - as she says just before she's condemned as a witch in Python and the Holy Grail; "It's a fair cop!"

She also wrote vast chunks of Fawlty Towers (Cleese once admitted it was in the region of 70%+).