Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2014

Sent my team in last night. Now to see which one of my picks dies in the last week of December, like always.

A state execution is a state execution, no matter how "rogue", so the same rule applies.

However, considering the swift justice being applied, they could count under the "Windsor" directive, by which a pick can be chosen before the year's end and proceed to be tried and executed. So as long as the pick has not already been sentenced to death, it would count as a point-scoring hit if it plays out in the way outlined above. However the unnatural points bonus would not be applied...

saif gaddafi would be a good example ,not yet sentenced to death but good chance in the future all depends what year his execution would be though.

With regards as who should get number one on the Deathlist for 2014 I would have to say either wilko Johnson or general Jaruzelski .

However, considering the swift justice being applied, they could count under the "Windsor" directive...

I have a directive names after me? :blink:

Nice...

Well, you did kick up the biggest fuss over the executions rule and its interpretation, so the Windsor rule it is! :)

Just spent the evening working on mine. It's tougher this year than last. There were a few open goals last year - Chavez, Bernie, Cecil, Reg Presley. I think that explains my performance this year - I wasn't expecting to be that far up the leaderboard. But it seems there are less certainties for 2014 - yes, there are one or two we know to be terminally ill or in their final weeks (and I'm surprised they've lasted this long), but a lot of them seem to be older so aren't worth as much. I feel like I'm having to push the boat out a bit more - and you can bet that the likes of OoO, Spade and DDT will have done more research than I have

On the "evil bastards" selection, I think I'm going for Watkins over Hall (like either would be unique picks anyway) - both are as likely to die, but Watkins would gain more points, and isn't going to have a natural death.

(Going by my DDP record, Stuart Hall is now a good punt for folk wanting that 6 points...)

...and you can bet that the likes of OoO, Spade and DDT will have done more research than I have

Rather like Daley Thompson training for the Olympics, they'll be checking leads twice on Christmas Day, whereas mere mortals will just do it the once...

in 2014, I don't think there will be a repeat of 2013 in terms of the sheer number of teams with 10/11/12+ hits.

...and you can bet that the likes of OoO, Spade and DDT will have done more research than I have

Rather like Daley Thompson training for the Olympics, they'll be checking leads twice on Christmas Day, whereas mere mortals will just do it the once...

in 2014, I don't think there will be a repeat of 2013 in terms of the sheer number of teams with 10/11/12+ hits.

:o I can only speak for myself, but that really isn't true! As I've said before, it is far too easy to overthink a DDP team and I was gulity of this myself in 2010 when I tried to be clever and finished way down in thirteenth.

I currently have a shortlist of three (it was four until yesterday, when Paul Baumer died), but I am confident the rest will come to me in the visions I usually experience on Boxing Day evening.

Have whittled down my potentials list from 40 to 25 in the past few weeks. My methodology for this year's worked well enough so I'll be fine-tuning that for the next, not taking any Assad/Saif Gaddafi-type risks though and will probably have a couple more elderly picks.

I agree that there aren't as many gimmes as last year, however I do think there are still plenty of names that are likely to go.

All three teams sent and locked stupidly early but nevermind. Already realised I forgot one dead cert :banghead:

Well, here we are at last! Let the games begin. I've noticed a few itchy fingers so here are the rules:

As I've been having trouble with emails can you confirm you've recieved my three teams; Deathrays Kervorkian Clinc, Serving Heads of State and Centenarians?

First one yes, last two no...

Team in. Having had no hits year to date there's little danger of any of next years squad dropping off before December 31st.

All three teams sent and locked stupidly early but nevermind. Already realised I forgot one dead cert :banghead:

Well, here we are at last! Let the games begin. I've noticed a few itchy fingers so here are the rules:

As I've been having trouble with emails can you confirm you've recieved my three teams; Deathrays Kervorkian Clinc, Serving Heads of State and Centenarians?

First one yes, last two no...

That's because they were in my "drafts" folder *facepalm*. Have resent them under different names. "Please Don't Break the Ruler" and "Waited for My Telegram"

Also forget to put this in the emails but these two are theme teams with the themes of their former names respectively.

Just to confirm...Since one of my theme team entries (Fontaine) died after emailing the team, does her replacement become the person who was listed first on the list of 3 reserves? Or do I have to resend a modified list myself?

Just to confirm...Since one of my theme team entries (Fontaine) died after emailing the team, does her replacement become the person who was listed first on the list of 3 reserves? Or do I have to resend a modified list myself?

First on the list...

First on the list...

sent my team in . If no one dies on my list now i could have a good chance of possibly getting into the top 100 lol , best to set the bar low :D .

First on the list...

Thanks for clarifying!

My preliminary main team can be found on a link in my signature. That is...if you can figure out the password. ;)

I'll probably email the team in a few days.

Fuck, if David Coleman could have just clung on for another 10 days or so it would have made a great start to my first DDP entry/campaign/whatever. Sod it.......

I wonder if this is a sign that I'm good at picking people who're gonna die....... or a sign that I'm gonna have bad luck.

He was going to be on my theme team. Ah well, these things happen...

Guest August Gloop

When is confirmations sent.

Well, I've sent 2 batches so far, covering 120 teams...

Guest August Gloop

I have not recieved one for Gloopy's Most Likely to Die in 2014

I sent to email dd­p2014@der­by­dead­pool.co.uk

I didn't get a confirmation so far... :scratchhead::(