Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2014

500+ competitors. How long do you think that would take to individually reply to each one?

• Like 1

Oh, I see. Scusi man.

A comparative Jo Bryant (Felix Glenny perhaps) pick will certainly qualify this year and UK versions of internet news sites (which would include blogs) are also included. Some may think that's not in the spirit of the game but then they'd probably want the latest stiffs published on parchment...

Glenny, I'm fairly confident, will get national newspaper coverage; mainly because Sharon Osbourne is a supporter and has donated £10,000 to his fund. He may also prove to be the biggest ranter fire magnet hereabouts since Paul Hunter.

Fucking Shite.

Jo Bryant was much more newsworthy than that guy. She actually did something rather than sitting around feeling sorry for herself.

Not that I'm in any way bitter about not getting points for her, you understand.

500+ competitors. How long do you think that would take to individually reply to each one?

Take your time TMIB, it is a phenomenal amount of work to get the DDP up and running and I can only imagine how much of your time it takes up, especially over the festive period when you should be relaxing and enjoying the holiday. Perhaps you should run a disclaimer with the entry in future years saying there will be no email confirmations and just ask entrants to check their teams are there when all is up and running? Anyway, good luck with what you are doing, and best wishes for the New Year.

• Like 4

Guest PEDRO

Second year for me. Quite happy with 5 hits last year, and hitting a unique was a bonus

team name- Pedro's catacomb ensemble

1, Helen Fawkes (joker)

2, Valerie Harper

3, Sam Simon

4, Zsa Zsa Gabor

5, Lettice Curtis (WW2 aviator)

6 Jake la Motta

7 Wilko Johnson

8 Liam Cosgrave

9 Luise Rainer

10 Scott Mitchell Putesky (aka Daisy Berkowitz)

11 Kate Granger

12 Peter Robbins ( Charlie Browns voice)

13 Christopher Lee

14 Clive James

15 Billy Graham

16 Ian Paisley

17 Duke of Wellington

18 Peter o Sullevan

19 Doyle Brunson (poker player)

20 Hosni Mubarek

Lettice Curtis for a unique again ? Maybe. Sure she'll get an obit.

500 minutes or less.

420 teams registered so far...

I'm in, with a less interesting team than I'd hoped for, since a number of my potential picks did not wait around long enough to join the party. :( I was pleased with a top 20 finish after a couple of poor years (and half my team down which is a personal best) so we'll see what happens. Thanks again to TMIB for all his sterling work.

Well, I have received in total 4 confirmation emails from you; 3 for my theme team and 1 for my main team. :)

Last year set a new personal best for me - one of my teams achieved my highest score to date (37 points, which put the team in a fairly unimpressive joint 151st place). Still not quite in the premier league of predicting celebrity mortality then... :skill2:

Take your time TMIB, it is a phenomenal amount of work to get the DDP up and running and I can only imagine how much of your time it takes up, especially over the festive period when you should be relaxing and enjoying the holiday. Perhaps you should run a disclaimer with the entry in future years saying there will be no email confirmations and just ask entrants to check their teams are there when all is up and running? Anyway, good luck with what you are doing, and best wishes for the New Year.

I'd just like to echo this.

510 teams registered so far...

Thank you for your great work, man!

510 teams registered so far...

good job ! you must have almost finished, right ?

Not long to go as far as registering teams are concerned. There are 40+ emails to go, with possible multiple teams. I don't think it will be as many as 2013 (588).

Then it's a case of coding, linking teams to celebs, updating team performances, watching out for any possible duplications/glitches, before loading the info into the database and then generating the pages, although there's bound to be few teething problems, there always is with new additions and what-not.

The priority is to get the list of teams up asap. After that, then I'll turn to adding the required info on the new celebs (around 1000 this year) and pictures of course. I'm getting some help with that...

brookes_zps1c623740.jpg

Here's a picture of Josh Brookes for you. And yes, he is as big a cunt as he looks.

574 teams registered and unless I've missed one or two out, that's the lot for this year!

574 teams registered and unless I've missed one or two out, that's the lot for this year!

Wasn't there about 20 more last year?

588 in 2013.

The most notable absentee as far as I can see is The Vyrdolak...

There you go, finally updated my sig. Anyone who wants to admire or mock my team, go ahead.

There you go, finally updated my sig. Anyone who wants to admire or mock my team, go ahead.

Well you've spelled "Ian MacNeice" wrong for one.

Well you've spelled "Ian MacNeice" wrong for one.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Ian_McNeice

I actually got it half wrong. I put the I before the E but that's fixed now. There's no Mac, mac.

It's January 7th and the DDP website still has a little holly decoration on the front page. Isn't it January 6th that's supposed to be the unlucky date where if you still have Xmas decorations up, you'll be cursed and evil gypsies will come round and pelt you with rotten apples or something, and you'll get syphillis?

I'm guessin' TMIB must be used to all those things already or he would've taken it down by now.