Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2014

Shocked Ahmed Givens was a unique for my theme team despite the iffy obit chances. And I am kind of wondering if their was a good health update for Pete Way given how so few amount of people picked him. Guess that might be my Lee Evans pick.

My only unique was Chris Moncrieff.

Amusingly, I appear to have shared many picks with the Octopus and Cooley this time out, purely by picking ill folk. (Not by design either, though I guess there's somewhat of a shared resource!) So either I improve drastically on 2013, or my luck for keeping people alive on these things nobbles a bunch of the heavyweights.

Well done, TMiB!

As expected, no uniques on my main team, 12 on my theme team. I suppose those 12 will stick to life like a limpet.

regards,

Hein

Happy that I have three uniques, however not happy as my unique and joker, Josh Brookes, has now been withdrawn from the TT this year due to technical bollocks with the bike specs, or summat, so chances of points much less likely now. But you never know, someone might poison his Vegemite seeing as he's such a massive twat.

Top work MIB!

3 uniques for me.

And Mario Oriani-Ambrosini made it as a unique...hooray. I had him on my list last year and saw OoO then go and mention him in another thread. I knew OoO had dropped him but was afraid it may have put Mr Ambrosini on other teams radars.

John Richard Reid the former NZ cricket captain made it as a unique for me too which was nice,

Finally, Nicodemo "Little Nicky" Scarfo, The Incarcerated for life Philadelphia Crime boss didn't surprise me as a unique.

Anyhow, great work TMIB. Quickest turnaround in my years of doing DDP so well done my man.

Guest Deng Xuan

if a pick disappeared, but no body was found?, eg getting eaten by a lion without witnesses

Deng

I really like being a part of the game. Thank you TMIB for your great work!

I have one unique pick in my main team (Oscar Pistorius) and 11 in my theme team! But I think that less than the half of those picks will get an UK orbit :D We will see!

By the way: It's not "a German celeb team" - there are also Swiss and French people in there! The common ground is the German language, anyway... :burnash:

Considering the hullabaloo its surprising that there was only 1 Oscar nomination and none at all for Pope Francis...

Great work tmib .

I didn't have any unique picks its actually quite hard to get a unique pick , my target is to get into the top 100 this year :D set the bar low .

Decided I'd help a bit more with the details this year and at least am writing things up/getting pictures for everyone from X-Z. Have a question though, Peter Yaro is supposed to be Peter Yarrow, right? Guessing so but can't hurt to be sure.

It probably is Peter Yarrow...

Guest seenthisguys

Some wackos got a mission; twiiter.com/@Deadpoolwatcher

Don't think he realises the vast majority of picks are too old for twitter. :lol:

Don't think he realises the vast majority of picks are too old for twitter. :lol:

One tweet, no followers, not following anybody. Says it all fucktard

Breaking news, 2nd tweet.

Awesome performance from TMIB! will have a browse around.

One unique for me, Caril Ann Fugate, bit of a long shot but I had read that her health wasn't great and being in a car crash that killed her husband probably won't have helped.

Retard. Like any is actually gonna care?

Thanks TMIB, great work and I hope you have managed to fit some sleep in around all the hard work.I am delighted to have 2 unique picks and I know neither will die this year.

Tony Roper has prostrate cancer and was treated surgically in 2013, according to a GP I know you are far more likely to die of old age before prostrate cancer actually gets you, but you never know, I sincerely hope he doesn't die as he is a great comedy writer and actor.

I picked Brian Taylor simply as a wildcard as I see his ever increasing fat face every time BBC Reporting Scotland does an item about Scottish politics - which is every bloody night sadly due to the fact they need to ram it down our throats that a referendum on Scottish Independence is happening this year. He just may drop dead from overwork (or too many Holyrood lunches) come September.

Thanks again for the hard work, I expect all of my picks to survive, they mostly do but nothing will ever beat the euphoria I felt when Mrs. Thatcher finally gave up her mortal body and paid her dues to Satan last April.

What a mega effort? Looking good and cooking with gas. Respect.

As an aside, only two uniques in my theme team. Sad that Jasper Carrott was said to have been ill of late and I've yet to see that he is back, out and about.

Some time ago I checked out the Water Rats for some old timer inside info and who did I find to be King Rat? Melvyn Hayes. Now Windsor Davies gets picked many times over but Hayes is a just a hunch of mine without knowing of any illness.

• Like 1

Thanks for everybody's thanks. And thanks to a few tweaks in the actual format of recording teams and their picks, this has been by far the smoothest nomination period yet. And partly that is due to teams actually been sent in properly, so I'm thanking all you guys for making my task a little easier!

• Like 2

As someone that has recently inherited running a long running US-based game, I have crazy respect for MIB. I had only 110 teams (albeit with 68 selections) and I was up and running after the DDP this morning and I don't have pictures, etc. Amazing job.

As someone that has recently inherited running a long running US-based game, I have crazy respect for MIB. I had only 110 teams (albeit with 68 selections) and I was up and running after the DDP this morning and I don't have pictures, etc. Amazing job.

Likewise, with our 20 HPDP teams. With so many DDP teams and so much effort I really think sticking a nominal monetary charge could both provide a bit of pin money and remove a chunk of effort.