Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2014

Theme team league is up.

Speaking of which: Theo Walcott's inconsiderate injury almost certainly rules out my one-shot clean sweep attempt with a theme team of probably England World Cup personnel.

Yeah I noticed that. Didn't know it was yours though, nice job, haha....

iirc the BBC Playlist section falls under the same ruling as the Sky "Journalists" page: because it's just scraped material from another site that updates automatically (as opposed to the manual insertion of AP stories onto The Guardian's "World" section) it doesn't count. Otherwise Chick/Chuck/Chock Wills would have scored points in 2013.

I'm just going to be (even more) self-serving (than usual) here: is six hits in 43 calendar days a record?

iirc the BBC Playlist section falls under the same ruling as the Sky "Journalists" page: because it's just scraped material from another site that updates automatically (as opposed to the manual insertion of AP stories onto The Guardian's "World" section) it doesn't count. Otherwise Chick/Chuck/Chock Wills would have scored points in 2013.

As I figured. It's not an obit until that "Born 15 May 1951" tagline is updated to say "15 May 1951-18 January 2013"

I'm just going to be (even more) self-serving (than usual) here: is six hits in 43 calendar days a record?

Hmmm..not sure. I've have to really delve through the old records. Good pick by the way, Spade. Abbado was one of those which may slip under the radar as he has been ill for some time...

Hmmm..not sure. I've have to really delve through the old records. Good pick by the way, Spade. Abbado was one of those which may slip under the radar as he has been ill for some time...

Wasn't even on my radar until Christmas, my freshie cousin had bought a copy of "La Stampa" on a trip to Bedford to buy proper Italian bread and it mentioned that Claudio hadn't been seen in public for a while in the arts section. Deadpooling encourages language skills.

Wasn't even on my radar until Christmas, my freshie cousin had bought a copy of "La Stampa" on a trip to Bedford to buy proper Italian bread and it mentioned that Claudio hadn't been seen in public for a while in the arts section. Deadpooling encourages language skills.

That sounds impossibly middle class from a certain angle, but knowing your background, I can understand...

February and early March last year were remarkable at the rate of popular picks dropping... wouldn't be shocked if a team from then saw the fastest span of six hits.

February and early March last year were remarkable at the rate of popular picks dropping... wouldn't be shocked if a team from then saw the fastest span of six hits.

I almost got five hits in five days that time last year. It was crazy.

February 27: Van Cliburn

February 28: Theo Bos

March 1: Bonnie Franklin

March 2: Peter Harvey

-

-

March 5: Hugo Chavez

#deepthought

In the aftermath of the Fergie Frederiksen possible wipeout, will future dead pools be won not by the player who can find the most terminally ill people, but by the one who can work out which of them will actually obit?

#deepthought

In the aftermath of the Fergie Frederiksen possible wipeout, will future dead pools be won not by the player who can find the most terminally ill people, but by the one who can work out which of them will actually obit?

Always been a part of the game.

Hmmm, tricky one this...

The case has raised questions about end-of-life care and whether a pregnant woman who is considered legally and medically dead [my italics] should be kept on life support for the sake of a fetus.

I mean, she's effectively dead, only kept going for the sake of the unborn child. Does raise questions about what is considered dead and not dead either in the eyes of the law or physically...

My very first hit is Pete Seeger!

Barring miracles all three of my teams will see it through to February. FFS.

It could be worst I have entered 4 teams and have no hits in January.

Very surprised to see billy graham and valerie Harper still alive , its looking like a very unpredictable year so far . I think we might see some big surprise deaths this year, well we get them every year but I think we might get more than usual this year.

Very surprised to see billy graham and valerie Harper still alive , its looking like a very unpredictable year so far . I think we might see some big surprise deaths this year, well we get them every year but I think we might get more than usual this year.

I though you could only enter 3 teams?

"There is a maximum number of 3 teams per individual (can be any combination of normal and theme teams) although I know in some cases that certain emails will contain many teams as part of a "syndicate" of different teams."

I though you could only enter 3 teams?

"There is a maximum number of 3 teams per individual (can be any combination of normal and theme teams) although I know in some cases that certain emails will contain many teams as part of a "syndicate" of different teams."

Well yea not talking about DDP exclusively , HPDP , deathrace , DDP 2014 and the hare's deathpool. 4 teams no hits :banghead: terrible start for me. lol

TMIB - are you doing two updates this week or did Ms Munoz fall down the back of the sofa?

(also thanks for the amazing job you do and the joy it brings to us all etc etc etc)

Well you told us that she was being switched off, but not that she had been switched off, so I left it in your capable hands to tell us when she actually carked it...

Also, I started a new job last week which involves 2 buses across 6 miles as the crow flys. By the end of the week I was as brain-dead as Munoz and unable to do anything at the weekend as I normally do.

Rather than make an addition, I'll integrate her into the last post. That means we have had 31 hits in 31 days. Remarkable...

Edited by themaninblack

Well you told us that she was being switched off, but not that she had been switched off, so I left it in your capable hands to tell us when she actually carked it...

That's what I get for trying to be modest.

Guest guess

Margery Mason died last month. 25th Jan.