Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2014

If I'm correct, this means Drunkasaskunk now ascends to the top of the DDP for what must be the first time in over a decade.

Strike my earlier post....the Misers will be second

If I'm correct, this means Drunkasaskunk now ascends to the top of the DDP for what must be the first time in over a decade.

Wrong, you're third!

Realised I've missed out Cornelius Gurlitt!

Ah well, there's always next time...

So apparently I pulled my first hit with Connie Marrero back in April.

Belated Yay... should check the site more often...

Wrong, you're third!

Darn it... but its still the highest that I've been. Now starts the fall down in the standings until I end up 12th or 15th. Thanks for all the hard work MIB.

Is the Times obit behind the paywall sufficient for Mary Stewart?

Yeah...

Yeah...

Great I might break into the top 20 in the theme team league.

Do missing people need their bodies to be found in the same year the died to qualify for points?

Has anyone ever got twenty uniques (as in 20 unique choices, not hits) on the DDP?

Has anyone ever got twenty uniques (as in 20 unique choices, not hits) on the DDP?

Why don't you go and look for yourself you fuckin' prique?

Still 0 hits for my theme team. Just proves that attractive ladies live longer, hah.

Anyway, I have a few questions about the DDP website for my theme team.

1. The team is described as "Team of actresses that are alright in their day..." But shouldn't the "are" be replaced with "were" since it's the past we're talking about?

2.Why is Mildred Kornman only described as a child actress? She was equally famous as supermodel Ricki VanDusen.

3. Why not have a picture of when Lauren Bacall was young rather than old?

4. The Mary Carlisle picture is way too blurry, don't you think?

Still 0 hits for my theme team. Just proves that attractive ladies live longer, hah.

1. The team is described as "Team of actresses that are alright in their day..." But shouldn't the "are" be replaced with "were" since it's the past we're talking about?

2.Why is Mildred Kornman only described as a child actress? She was equally famous as supermodel Ricki VanDusen.

Christ man, those are some really fine WHINES you've brought up from your cellar there.......

By the way, what's the password to your secret page? Can you tell me over PM since I'm one of your bestest buds here? Well I like to think so anyway.

I've tried "predictor" and "predictorsucks" and it didn't get anywhere. :lol::ph34r:

Do missing people need their bodies to be found in the same year the died to qualify for points?

Missing persons who are found dead have to have died in the year in which they have been picked in order to score points, obit permitting...

1. That's the usual grammatical error that can be corrected.

2. Whoever did the celeb description probably didn't know or care about that fact.

3. Choosing celeb pictures is at the discretion of whoever has the responsibility of doing it. There's no set rule to how young or old or how recent the picture is. There are other teams who pick celebs and would be content with how they are represented or don't care.

4. Of course there are more obscure picks of which pics are hard to come by. Any alternatives that are significantly better are to be welcomed...

Drunkasaskunk back on top, looking like another great year at the DDP summit.

Got a bit of a title race going on here. Three changes in the lead in the last couple of weeks or so. Having troubles with my computer at the moment so I'm not sure exactly when the next update will be...

Oh no.....

Hope you've got a back-up!

Hope you're able to fix the issue.

I'm curious as to how 3 teams got 10 points each for Jack Brabham when he'd only be worth 6 points if the team that had him as their joker got 12 points for him.

Also only 3 teams in total picked him.

That's probably be me cutting and pasting the wrong amount of points on the scorecard. That can be fixed...

That's probably be me cutting and pasting the wrong amount of points on the scorecard. That can be fixed...

That would explain it. :)

My ears were burning so I thought I would join up.

Hi everyone.

Greetings from pissing down with rain Glasgow.

Nice site lads.

PS - the moderator has my permission to send my email address to the Man in Black to verify I am who I am (if you know what I mean and don't start singing drag queen songs!)

• Like 2

You might need to change the password on your email as I received spam a couple of weeks ago but you may have already done that...

So, in contention an incredible 15 years after your last win!

Oh no.....

Oh no.....

The problem's not so much with the hard drive but with the internet connection. My fault, I decided to reinstall my OS as the old thing was running a bit slow. Since then I find it difficult connecting to the internet through my wireless adapter. Keeps saying the DNS is not responding. Switched suppliers (3 mobile to BT WiFi) and it worked for a week until the same DNS server problem came up again. I'm only communicating now through my tablet...