Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2014

According to the link posted on the Authors.... forum Nadine died on Sunday (13th) does this mean that I get bonus points.

I may get into the top 10 on the theme team league if I do.

Latest update before I was handed a Red Klotz obit who will be hit 150 for the year...

I am getting very worried about a Val Biro obit.

This is not just becuase of his unique status on my team. I think he deserves more attention. Considering some of the complete no-ones who warrent a passing mention on the BBC website I feel his passing should be marked.

This is not just becuase of his unique status on my team. I think he deserves more attention. Considering some of the complete no-ones who warrent a passing mention on the BBC website I feel his passing should be marked.

Might get a mention on The Last Word radio programme...

Might get a mention on The Last Word radio programme...

Hope so because then I will be third on the theme team league.

That should be enough...

I thought local newspapers weren't qualifying, so what on earth would make a local radio programme qualifying?

Query, the rules and scoring page leads to a page telling us entries are no longer being accepted. Surely the rules and scoring should still be available for reference anyway?

I thought local newspapers weren't qualifying, so what on earth would make a local radio programme qualifying?

Because it's part of the BBC...

I misunderstood the rules, I thought it had to be national BBC, seems a bit too easy to get an obit if local news counts. Surely there's an argument that local BBC shouldn't have any more weight than local council rag or chronicle/echoe/gazette?

Guest WEP

Ingeborg Lapsien, veteran German actress, best known for her work as voice actress on "Star Treck", has died. On June 5th!

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2014/celebs_L.html#lapsii

http://215072.homepagemodules.de/t521180f11776738-Ingeborg-Lapsien-verstorben.html

Not really a proper obit, her death is nearly unrecognized, even here in Germany.

I really expected that, to be honest.

No obit, no points.

I misunderstood the rules, I thought it had to be national BBC, seems a bit too easy to get an obit if local news counts. Surely there's an argument that local BBC shouldn't have any more weight than local council rag or chronicle/echoe/gazette?

But national BBC only picks up a percentage of local BBC news. The headlines on the digibox, for example, which can be accessed nationally usually offer 4-5 local stories per region whilst their half hour(ish) local news show uses a lot more, as do the daily news bulletins on local stations.

But national BBC only picks up a percentage of local BBC news. The headlines on the digibox, for example, which can be accessed nationally usually offer 4-5 local stories per region whilst their half hour(ish) local news show uses a lot more, as do the daily news bulletins on local stations.

So are we saying this doesn't count for Val Biro?

Stamp, curse, fret, sigh.

Somebody might pick it up nationally now though.

Ingeborg Lapsien, veteran German actress, best known for her work as voice actress on "Star Treck", has died. On June 5th!

http://www.derbydead...s_L.html#lapsii

http://215072.homepa...verstorben.html

Not really a proper obit, her death is nearly unrecognized, even here in Germany.

I really expected that, to be honest.

No obit, no points.

Oh, first hit for my team but no points. I expected that, too.

I guess that half of my picks won't get a prober international orbit tbh -_-

TMIB, can I just ask a "behind the scenes"-type question? Do you already have Fidel Castro's obit in the can (aside from the actual details/medical cause of his death, obviously)? If you do pre-prepare some obits then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't have already done it given how incredibly fucking doddery he is and (barring major surprises) he should be one of the top-3 biggest deaths this year.

p.s. Please don't tell us too many details, like if you have tons of obits already done or something, hahaha... I wouldn't want you to er... "spoil the magic" too much. I'm just asking about this particular cunt because..... well, you know why. Can't wait.

p.p.s. Hope you're enjoying the rather Cuban weather we have atm.

Nope, I just make it up on the fly. Maybe I should have a few prepared obits. That's what all the news agencies have. Interesting suggestion...

Tasteless to the core, MIB. Five years as the showrunner of DDP and going out with dignity .. or at least your attemping to. If it so happens that someone comparable to you enters in the teams a few months from now let's just say it definitely wasn't you ..

Congratulations on keeping it going for so long. It did something for everyone here so if it did something for you .. rock on. Cheers. :champagne:

• Like 1

All Hail to the Guardian who come up with the goods with an obit for Val Biro

I claim my points and hopefully climb up the theme team league.

I was sure they had it pencilled in.

• Like 1

Thanks Oc. I was kind of expecting the BBC to pick up on it but that will do nicely...