Deathray

The Hare's Death Pool

Toast misses out on another hit, having decided that Rodney Bewes was 3rd sub only...ho hum..

Did I?  Boo. 

Never mind, there's well over a month for all the rest to oblige.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Did I?  Boo. 

Never mind, there's well over a month for all the rest to oblige.

That's the spirit!

Never say di....ah...

Right Listers, listen up.

It's just over 5 weeks to the end of the year, and I know you are all looking forward to collecting those big points next month with your current survivors. And of course I wish you and me all the best for that! But as you might be aware, December is the month when you have to prepare about 3 dozen lists for 2018, with your finger hovered over the send button at 23:59 on Hogmanay.

So here is your fair warning: get those lists together for those who you think will survive most of, but not all, of 2018. You know you want to win a small donation to charidee at the end of the year. I'd also like to propose a rule change that no late entries be accepted. You have fair warning with this post, and I see no good reason why this pool is an exception to every single other pool.

Now obviously I don't expect a flood of entries now...just have a good think and join in the fun. I'll issue timely reminders towards the end of the year while still trying to run this damn thing.

I'd just like to say it's been a honour to host this and have enjoyed it tremendously, especially as most picks are famous enough for me to pick up on quite quickly.

Cheers, YW.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm probably going to take little thought on this and come up with a team that will hopefully provide a decent score in the end by the end of break. Not expecting to win next time, of course...

• Like 1

Now I'm going to enter, and it is incumbent upon me to post a team in the thread. So don't post or PM entries until I have done that, probably in the first week of December. That avoids any accusation that I'm stealing players' picks.

I'd like to do it the same way as I did for the Poker Tourney however, just so that you don't steal mine (although why you would want to with my track record I don't know!!!!).

Obviously I'll have a ton of subs in case I lose any of my main picks before the competition opens.

Anyway, hope that is ok....

Why not PM your team to a trusted forum member to be kept under wraps until the kick-off?

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Why not PM your team to a trusted forum member to be kept under wraps until the kick-off?

Aha! Already did that with the Poker Tourney! It will be PM'ed to one lucky entrant once they have submitted a team, so it has already been thought of, but you have just made me make that clear.

Well, I'm going down the route of a theme team that never was, so it's unlikely anyone else's teams will interfere with mine, and very very unlikely anyone will want any of my picks.

Agriculture expert Derek Barber finally gets his Telegraph Obit and Captain Chorizo ploughs up the leaderboard.

• Like 1

One month to go...!!!!

So while I await my 2017 team's demise during this month (pah!), my team for 2018 follows. Now the earlier you get your team in, the more subs I suggest you submit - I'm looking at JK and Phantom of the Midway in particular who have a track record of picking people who die before the starting gun! Remember, you are looking for folk who will drop in 2018, but later rather than sooner! And of course, the earlier you get your team in, the more chance you have of being the lucky entrant to whom I shall reveal my team in full, in confidence of course. Not that anyone should pick my picks, I'm totally rubbish...and it's a theme team..whooh...

Anyway, let's get under way, teams to me by PM or posted on the thread before 23:59 on 31 December will count and don't forget to nominate a Wildcard. Rules are in the Dead Pools thread but I will not be exercising my discretion to allow late teams:

The YoungWillz December Delicatessen 2018

01. XXXXX XXXXXX

02. XXXX XXXX

03. XXXXX XXXXX (WILDCARD)

04. XXXX XXXXXXX

05. XXXXXXX XXXX

06. XXXXX XXXXX

07. XXXXXXX XXXXXX

08. XXXXX XXXXXXX

09. XXXXX XXXXX XX

10. XXXXX XXXXXX

11. XXXX XXXXX

12. XXXXX X XXXXXX

13. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX-XXXX

14. XXXXXX XXXXXX

15. XXXX XXXXXXXXX

16. XXXXXX XXXXX

17. XXXX XXX

18. XXXXXX XXXXXXX

19. XXXXX XXXXXXXX

20. XXXXX XXXXXXX

21. XXXX XXXXXXX

22. XXXXX XXXXX

23. XXXX XXXXXXX

24. XXXXX XXXXXXX

25. XXXXX XXXXXX

Subs:

A: XXXX XXXX

B. XXXX XXXXXXX

C. XXX XXXXXXXX

D. XXXXX XXXX

E. XXXXXX XXXXXXX

F. XXXX XXXXXXX

G. XXXX XXXXX

H. XXXX XXXXXX

I. XXXX XXXXXXX

J: XXXX XXXXX

K: XXXX XXXXXXX

28 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

You have my team now but I have only put in three subs.

Thank you, it shall be added to the new Masterlist.

You have won the race to have my team entrusted to you. Keep it under your hat. ;)

• Like 1

Twenty Second Leaderboard 2017: (*=Joker)

1st: Grim Up North2377 Points [14/25]

(Wetton; Westhuizen; Coward; Skellern; Morano; Christie; Fawkes; Campbell; Forsyth; Meads; Booth; Dawn; Downie; Berkowitz)

2nd: Shaun Of The Dead/Sean2169 Points [12/25]

(Hollingworth; Skellern; Kaufman; Noakes; Sallis; Christie; Meads; Hall; Bettencourt; Booth; Downie; Berkowitz)

3rd: The Unknown Man2035 Points [10/25]

(Wetton; Noakes; Christie; Kohl; Campbell; Meads; Lewis; Booth; Downie; Berkowitz)

4th: The Dead Cow1987 Points [12/25]

(Sarstedt; D. Carrington; Westhuizen; Skellern; Morano; Sallis; *Van-Zandvliet; Campbell; Hall; Zazu; Booth; Downie)

5th: JoeyRuss1854 Points [13/25]

(Snuka; *Wetton; Westhuizen; Langhorne; Morano; Pirsig; Bayldon; Allman; Sallis; Campbell; Kristal; Booth; Downie)

6th: Death Impends1656 Points [13/25]

(Youguang; Nakamura; Hale; D. Carrington; Corey; Skellern; Rockefeller; Sallis; Hart; Forsyth; Bettencourt; Downie; Darrieux)

7th: msc1611 Points [14/25]

(Snuka; B. Simpson; McGill; Wetton; Coward; Skellern; Hewlett; Lakovic; Sallis; Christie; Van-Zandvliet; Meads; Bradley; Downie)

8th: Toast1583 Points [10/25]

(Sims; Westhuizen; Sumner; Coward; McGuinness; Sallis; Campbell; *Forsyth; Hall; Dotrice)

9th: JiroemonKimura1478 Points [10/25]

(*Snuka; Cordero; Mohren; Skellern; Christie; Hofer; Del Rio; Campbell; Bradley; Downie)

10th: Sir Creep1476 Points [12/25]

(Soares; McGiffin; Wetton; Skellern; Morano; Lakovic; Carey; Christie; Van-Zandvliet; Campbell; Meads; Qureshi)

11th: gcreptile1380 Points [11/25]

(Hollingworth; Youguang; Snuka; Mohren; Rockefeller; Morano; Kaiser; Kristal; Zazu; Brown; Ruzickova)

12th: drol1284 Points [9/25]

(Soares; *Snuka; Bossom; Clifton James; Sallis; Hart; Campbell; Darc; Dotrice)

13th: Book1120 Points [7/25]

(Sarstedt; Tyler-Moore; Kohl; Bergmann; Campbell; Wain; Hefner)

14th: Deathers1054 Points [7/25]

(Westhuizen; Kaufman; Berry; Morano; Campbell; Dawn; Domino)

15th: Captain Chorizo1008 Points [6/25]

(Hollingworth; Suzuki; Morano; Darc; Downie; Barber)

16th: Rotten Ali 840 Points [6/25]

(Hurt; Wetton; Christie; Kohl; Blazer; Booth)

17th: Pedro67766 Points [5/25]

(Skellern; Walcott; Sallis; Lewis; LaMotta)

18th: Whoaml714 Points [7/25]

(Sarstedt; Hale; Westhuizen; Berry; Rockefeller; Lewis; LaMotta)

19th: RadGuy/Phantom Of The Midway - 713 Points [7/25]

(Snuka; Tyler-Moore; Westhuizen; Morano; Sallis; Christie; Kristal)

20th: Bibliogryphon682 Points [5/25]

(Dalyell; McCowen; *Freeman; Norman; D. Simpson)

21st: Widows Peak - 458 Points [1/25]

(*Forsyth)

22nd: YoungWillz376 Points [3/25]

(*Snuka; Bayldon; Campbell)

23rd: ImNotHades307 Points [2/25]

(Fresco; Sarosy)

24th: Rockhopper penguin223 Points [3/25]

(Westhuizen; Berry; Dreyfus)

• Like 3

YW - thanks - I cling on for another leaderboard and have to confess that I have now been through the process of reviewing Sean and TUM's teams to see who matters and who doesn't. The key upcoming date is 8th or 9th December when TUM moves to within one hit of me (including Leah Bracknell who all 3 of us have but TUM has as his joker). Then post Christmas brings Ted Mack, Death Impends joker, into play if I am still hanging on by then.

Obviously multiple deaths and the 31st December  bonus brings lots of people into it but that is the great joy of participating in this pool.

Thanks again for running so well and producing such regular and reliable updates.

Cheers, Grim.

• Like 1

Cheers, it's been fun.

And hey, this is not over for anyone...I'd say 8 hits without reply and I storm to the top....:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/12/2017 at 13:55, YoungWillz said:

Thank you, it shall be added to the new Masterlist.

You have won the race to have my team entrusted to you. Keep it under your hat. ;)

I have read it and already forgotten it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mid-table mediocrity so far, but theoretically a few hits away from winning. Anyway that surely marks the opportunity to send forth a list for next year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Deathray said:

Mid-table mediocrity so far, but theoretically a few hits away from winning. Anyway that surely marks the opportunity to send forth a list for next year.

Added in as discussed.

Keep 'em coming, playas...

• Like 1

I honestly thought King Michael would’ve died much earlier. That turned out to probably be the final blow to my chances, if I had any chance left. Oh well, there’s always next year...

Yes, most of us assumed he would be a low-scoring early hit.

I was in the middle of writing a "yeah, me too" post when I suddenly realised he is actually on my team. Cool.  Nevermind that then!

He was another on my Deathrace team rather than this.

I'll look over the entries and do the necessary towards the next update...

I picked Michael on as many teams as possible this year, as I always like to do that with one name. (well, I didn't put him on Death by Numbers, as his point value was just too low.) So there's always someone inevitably on both Deathrace and Hare's, and he was that name this year.

William H Gass travels through The Tunnel and is probably heading towards the light right now,  Unique hit.

December begins bringing its rewards...