Deathray

The Hare's Death Pool

Hey, if it never ends, one of mine could be confirmed dead in 6 years time. Sweet dreams, Grim! Muhahahahahahahahahaahahahha (coughs).

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

And bonus points galore for the lucky player....

Gotten by none other than Deathray, the original host of this. 

• Like 1

@Deathray The highest points for a single hit now stands with you. 614 Points for Doreen Keogh on 31 December.

Still a few days left...

I knew there was a reason I put that rule in. Increases my score respectably. Bittersweet though: one of the last of the original cast of my favourite show to die. Obviously too young to remember her performances but the ones I've watched on YouTube are grand. 

Thomas S Monson is a hit for two teams in the 2018 game.

And so it begins before the last one has ended!

15 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

@Deathray The highest points for a single hit now stands with you. 614 Points for Doreen Keogh on 31 December.

Still a few days left...

Imagine if I'd had her as a wildcard. 

Also congrats to ever had Thomas S Monson or should that be commiserations. The annoying but frequent 1 pointer. 

• Like 1

Every year seem to have a knack for getting a 1st week hit on the Harespool instead of Deathrace.^_^

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:43, CaptainChorizo said:

Every year seem to have a knack for getting a 1st week hit on the Harespool instead of Deathrace.^_^

On the flipside....

Joint Leader so far....

• Like 3

I make that 8 teams or so who had Rayya Elias.

You guys know how to race out of those traps....

Ah, didn't have Rayya but had Thomas S. Monson on my team.
I was thinking of putting her but thought to put more oldies on my team :P

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I make that 8 teams or so who had Rayya Elias.

You guys know how to race out of those traps....

Haha - I was thinking that she was a bit of a disastrous pick for this pool, then I looked at msc's team......... :D

5 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Haha - I was thinking that she was a bit of a disastrous pick for this pool, then I looked at msc's team......... :D

Don’t worry msc. 6 points from a joker is better than nothing.

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Don’t worry msc. 6 points from a joker is better than nothing.

Don't laugh, my joker didn't die last year - so this is 8 points (?) more than then!

My stats analysis had her expected expiry date* as March 2018, so I should have seen this coming, but I was having a crisis of research confidence when I sent my Hare's team in.

*Not as ghoulish as it sounds, merely the upper limit of life expectancy for her illness, after which time she'd become an outlier.**

** Ok, maybe as ghoulish as it sounds.

On the flipside....

Outright leader, msc. - 4 January - 3 Points x 2.

Spare a thought for Captain Chorizo, who's had two hits already and is well on his way to doing a Death Impends for 2018....

23 minutes ago, msc said:

Don't laugh, my joker didn't die last year - so this is 8 points (?) more than then!

My stats analysis had her expected expiry date* as March 2018, so I should have seen this coming, but I was having a crisis of research confidence when I sent my Hare's team in.

*Not as ghoulish as it sounds, merely the upper limit of life expectancy for her illness, after which time she'd become an outlier.**

** Ok, maybe as ghoulish as it sounds.

Look on the bright side. At least your joker did die. As for me, naw, my joker won’t die this year. Indeed I think I only picked her as joker because I was too paranoid and wanted to try and avoid another John Wetton dilemma...

We're closed but I have a leaderboard and then a summary to post.

Be with you shortly...

FINAL LEADERBOARD 2017: (*=Joker)

1st: Grim Up North2715 Points [15/25]

(Wetton; Westhuizen; Coward; Skellern; Morano; Christie; Fawkes; Campbell; Forsyth; Meads; Booth; Dawn; Downie; Berkowitz; Michael)

2nd: Shaun Of The Dead/Sean2507 Points [13/25]

(Hollingworth; Skellern; Kaufman; Noakes; Sallis; Christie; Meads; Hall; Bettencourt; Booth; Downie; Berkowitz; Michael)

3rd: The Unknown Man2373 Points [11/25]

(Wetton; Noakes; Christie; Kohl; Campbell; Meads; Lewis; Booth; Downie; Berkowitz; Michael)

4th: Death Impends1994 Points [14/25]

(Youguang; Nakamura; Hale; D. Carrington; Corey; Skellern; Rockefeller; Sallis; Hart; Forsyth; Bettencourt; Downie; Darrieux; Michael)

5th: The Dead Cow1987 Points [12/25]

(Sarstedt; D. Carrington; Westhuizen; Skellern; Morano; Sallis; *Van-Zandvliet; Campbell; Hall; Zazu; Booth; Downie)

6th: msc1941 Points [15/25]

(Snuka; B. Simpson; McGill; Wetton; Coward; Skellern; Hewlett; Lakovic; Sallis; Christie; Van-Zandvliet; Meads; Bradley; Downie; Michael)

7th: JoeyRuss1854 Points [13/25]

(Snuka; *Wetton; Westhuizen; Langhorne; Morano; Pirsig; Bayldon; Allman; Sallis; Campbell; Kristal; Booth; Downie)

8th: Deathers1668 Points [8/25]

(Westhuizen; Kaufman; Berry; Morano; Campbell; Dawn; Domino; Keogh)

9th: Toast1583 Points [10/25]

(Sims; Westhuizen; Sumner; Coward; McGuinness; Sallis; Campbell; *Forsyth; Hall; Dotrice)

10th: JiroemonKimura1478 Points [10/25]

(*Snuka; Cordero; Mohren; Skellern; Christie; Hofer; Del Rio; Campbell; Bradley; Downie)

11th: Sir Creep1476 Points [12/25]

(Soares; McGiffin; Wetton; Skellern; Morano; Lakovic; Carey; Christie; Van-Zandvliet; Campbell; Meads; Qureshi)

12th: Whoaml1431 Points [9/25]

(Sarstedt; Hale; Westhuizen; Berry; Rockefeller; Lewis; LaMotta; Michael; Marie)

13th: gcreptile1380 Points [11/25]

(Hollingworth; Youguang; Snuka; Mohren; Rockefeller; Morano; Kaiser; Kristal; Zazu; Brown; Ruzickova)

14th: Captain Chorizo1347 Points [7/25]

(Hollingworth; Suzuki; Morano; Darc; Downie; Barber; Gass)

15th: drol1284 Points [9/25]

(Soares; *Snuka; Bossom; Clifton James; Sallis; Hart; Campbell; Darc; Dotrice)

16th: Book1120 Points [7/25]

(Sarstedt; Tyler-Moore; Kohl; Bergmann; Campbell; Wain; Hefner)

17th: RadGuy/Phantom Of The Midway - 1051 Points [8/25]

(Snuka; Tyler-Moore; Westhuizen; Morano; Sallis; Christie; Kristal; Michael)

18th: Rotten Ali 840 Points [6/25]

(Hurt; Wetton; Christie; Kohl; Blazer; Booth)

19th: Widows Peak - 796 Points [2/25]

(*Forsyth; Michael)

20th: Pedro67766 Points [5/25]

(Skellern; Walcott; Sallis; Lewis; LaMotta)

21st: Bibliogryphon682 Points [5/25]

(Dalyell; McCowen; *Freeman; Norman; D. Simpson)

22nd: YoungWillz376 Points [3/25]

(*Snuka; Bayldon; Campbell)

23rd: ImNotHades307 Points [2/25]

(Fresco; Sarosy)

24th: Rockhopper penguin223 Points [3/25]

(Westhuizen; Berry; Dreyfus)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, what a year it has been!

Firstly, thanks to everyone who had a team. It has been much fun spending the last 12 months watching this as it has developed over the year. Unluckily for this pool but luckily for some players, December was rather a Spartan month, bringing few of the really juicy points that this pool craves!

We had many leaders. msc bounced up early, only to begin flagging and being overtaken by Death Impends. In fact, it looked like all the world that his team would totally expire within the first half of the year. msc regained some ground only for the magical run of Joey Russ to occur. From a standing start, he gained numerous consecutive hits which led to an iron grip on the lead for several months.

But as we all know, this game is all about gaining in the latter stages. Grim Up North started an inevitable climb, as did Sean, The Unknown Man and The Dead Cow, who eventually all came to hold places in the top part of the table. Even Death Impends, whose challenge looked doomed, started gaining points as well, but failed to gain his 3rd consecutive 30 December hit.

And there we have it folks, a debutante who won quite convincingly.

I also have to mention the following for @Deathray record purposes:

Deathray gains the most points for a single hit of 614 for this pool's first 31 December hit.

Grim Up North and msc now hold the record for the most hits in a single year (15).

Edit: Grim Up North holds the record for most points in a year: 2715.

Congratulations to @Grim Up North and remember I did say your team was my favourite, when it looked like all was lost!

£24 goes to the UK charity of your choice. So, in the spirit of this pool, hop to it and let me know where you wish your donation made.

And so we move on to 2018....

• Like 3

Well done Grim!

Yeah, congrats GUN for winning this thing. Your team turned out to be the strongest! :) 

While I obviously didn't win, I still believe that the four month lead in this dead pool was one of my crowning achievements in my first year of dead pooling, and I'm proud of that. Of course, that won't happen for me again next year, and I would be honestly amazed if I gain the same point value as last time, as I don't really have any certs on my team this time...

• Like 1