Deathray

The Hare's Death Pool

Anna Teluren is a unique on this pool.

One team has Booked some points....

• Haha 1

I have now gone 243 days without a hit.

Ok team, just one hit and I remove msc's ignominy of going the longest without a hit. Game on! :lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I have now gone 243 days without a hit.

Ok team, just one hit and I remove msc's ignominy of going the longest without a hit. Game on! :lol:

As mine was 240, I think I hand over the crown now. Or wooden spoon...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

Well, someone has to die of course....;)

I dunno, you could still have the title by year's end at this rate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

No surely he needs a hit otherwise you could just pick a team who were all going to survive to get that crown/wooden spoon/record?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Well, someone has to die of course....;)

I dunno, you could still have the title by year's end at this rate.

Nah, that just means your record continues into Year 2 or is unassailable. 243+ days without a hit is still more than 240.

• Like 1

I suppose....it's my game now, innit? :D

So I could end up with an ongoing team of no hits for years! Mwahahahahah!

(Cue Deathray with a sharp reprimand...)

One team decided life was a Boar and pigs out on some points, now Olive's gone.

On 31/08/2018 at 16:58, msc said:

Nah, that just means your record continues into Year 2 or is unassailable. 243+ days without a hit is still more than 240.

Record continues into Year 2 or if the team does not enter stands at 365 or 366 days. It's still assailable by running into the next year. Nobody should want the record and anybody who appears to actively be chasing it should be roundly mocked and ridiculed. 

And I really thought my rules had covered everything, which given I've not been called into adjudicate for a long time, I'll take.

• Like 1

Oh I'll be entering next year!

I do think the aim of the game is to get hits later than earlier in the year. And on that, I'm doing rather well. Because if I'm going to get a hit (and two of my picks are on my DDP team, so it's hardly a deliberate ploy) it will be a late one.

Welcome back to your rightful place Deathers!

Sparks begin to fly from the end of my wand....:24087468:

• Like 1

I've got a feeling @YoungWillz rambling post above may be a pre-cursor to a slightly more formal announcement he's intending me to make, but given he is now free of the job of running this pool I can understand it not making so much sense in his ecstatic state :P. YoungWillz has decided to retire from running the pool and I've with some consideration decided to regain the pool and manage the day to day updates and running of the pool. A few expectations for any of our newer forum members:

• There will not be an immediate update for at least a week as I have other commitments. 
  • Updates will not be as beautifully regular as they have been under the tenure of our tremendous temporary custodian and will probably contain far more errors.  :salute:
  • If tag-lines still work on here I'd like "most inefficient deadpool" back for clarity. 
  • Disagreements will be settled by consulting the rule-book, if there's nothing in the rule-book I'll make something up on the spot to settle the issue (as demonstrated above). :referee:
  • Repeatedly reminding me that people have died in the thread will not mean the update happens any sooner. I'm probably aware but haven't had time/been bothered enough to do the maths yet. :2guns:

However, the most important thing is I'm sure you will all want to join me in thanking YoungWillz for his amazing job of running this pool for far longer than was originally intended and doing such a sterling job in the process of managing this alongside several other forum commitments and many more real life ones. It's no easy task to run any deadpool, and an even less easy one to actually do a good job of it (the latter I claim no hold too have ever done). Genuinely appreciate the effort. 

Lastly, I'd like to congratulate him on continuing the tradition of this pool being handed over when the current host has become dissatisfied with people and the forum in general. :):lol:

• Like 7

As I have said previously this has been one of my favourite pools to be in because the updates have been so regular and also accurate so I will thank YW one final time for that - it was great while it lasted.

However as reigning champ and record points scorer :P I'm sure I'll find a way to enjoy the pool being inefficient and disorganised too!

Anybody who is prepared to run one of these pools deserves to run it hassle free and without criticism so thank you Deathers for taking back the reins.

PS As your first new task would be great if you updated the post with previous champions and past records ;):DB)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Willz! A job very well done!

Welcome back Deathray, I'm looking forward to you seeing me rise. In the scoreboard.

On a different note, if anyone feels like taking a break from hosting something, I would be free to take over. My own holiday season is probably done this year.

However.... the Joker Dead Pool, sorry, I don't feel that comfortable with the random jokers. Don't know if I could handle it, making my own bonus pts etc...

• Like 1

Just now, gcreptile said:

Thank you Willz! A job very well done!

Welcome back Deathray, I'm looking forward to you seeing me rise. In the scoreboard.

On a different note, if anyone feels like taking a break from hosting something, I would be free to take over. My own holiday season is probably done this year.

However.... the Joker Dead Pool, sorry, I don't feel that comfortable with the random jokers. Don't know if I could handle it, making my own bonus pts etc...

It’s fine. I’m kind of expecting it to go into the shadows of the dead pools never to be played again. It’s one of the hardest pools to run anyways...

No offense intended Joey, but the Joker Pool did admittedly have the feel of "ah, so this is what running a deadpool is like".

• Like 2

Just now, Death Impends said:

No offense intended Joey, but the Joker Pool did admittedly have the feel of "ah, so this is what running a deadpool is like".

No offense taken. I was still quite new to the forum at the time and I didn't really realize how much work running a year long dead pool actually took until it actually started, which, while I still really like the concept, I realized I don't actually time to do, which is why I'm only sticking with the Advent Avalanche (a nice quick pool) and the Crowdsource list for the future...

I like the idea, it was original, an easy and new idea. Come on, you're doing something for the people here!

Just a couple of points: I had the impression that you started it during Shaun's avalance of deadpools, so that was a bad timing for me. And then you were a bit harsh on yourself, for not updating or whatever...

Something to learn from Deathray: Don't doubt yourself so often, or people will agree with you (herd instinct or something). But think about it, quite a few people were willing to play it in the 2nd year. You really didn't do a bad job. Yes, a bit of a learning curve. But well, you were 16 and on the board for what..3 months? Damn impressive.

10 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

As I have said previously this has been one of my favourite pools to be in because the updates have been so regular and also accurate so I will thank YW one final time for that - it was great while it lasted.

However as reigning champ and record points scorer :P I'm sure I'll find a way to enjoy the pool being inefficient and disorganised too!

Anybody who is prepared to run one of these pools deserves to run it hassle free and without criticism so thank you Deathers for taking back the reins.

PS As your first new task would be great if you updated the post with previous champions and past records ;):DB)

Don't Say I don't do anything for you :P Even updated the all time scoreboard which I've been meaning to do for 9 months....:lol:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Don't Say I don't do anything for you :P Even updated the all time scoreboard which I've been meaning to do for 9 months....:lol:

:bow::bow: 

The Hare Pool Host is dead*, all hail the new, returning and original Hare Pool Host.

PS msc got 15 hits last year too :P

* Well taking a well deserved rest actually.

• Like 1

Eighteenth Leaderboard 2018: (*=Joker)

1st: Prophet - 1687 Points [10/25]

(Graham; Groening; Hawking; Tajima; R Wilson; Francis; Carrington; Rae; *Heck; McCain)

2nd: Death Impends - 1644 Points [12/25]

(Killen; Kit; Graham; Dorfles; Tajima; Maren; Francis; M. Wilson; T. Johnson; *Cappotelli; Carrington; McCain)

3rd: msc - 1611 Points [15/25] 

(*Elias; Cryne; Alcock; Stokes; Miller; Nevin; Lafaye; DeKoven; Jowell; Francis; M. Wilson; Cappotelli; Rae; Stefansson; McCain)

4th: The Dead Cow - 1559 Points [10/25]

(Sawyer; Lafaye; B. Bush; Jowell; Francis; Loud; Dragojevic; Rae; Stefansson; McCain)

5th: Wormfarmer - 1544 Points [9/25]

(Sawyer; Nevin; Maren; Clark; Duncan; *Vader; Rae; Stefansson; McCain)

6th: Captain Chorizo - 1395 Points [13/25]

(Monson; Elias; Alcock; Kit; L. Gilbert; Goodwin; Shore; Jowell; Francis; Cappotelli; Carlisle; Rae; McCain)

7th: NiceGuyEddie - 1254 Points [9/25]

(Cryne; Olivera; Miller; Shore; Tajima; Camm; *Projetto; Rae; Boar)

8th: The Unknown Man - 1208 Points [9/25]

(Elias; Cryne; Miller; Tsvangirai; Graham; Jowell; Rae; Stefansson; *McCain)

9th: Torva Messor - 1188 Points [7/25]

(Elias; Jowell; Maren; Rae; Franklin; Stefansson; McCain)

10th: Grim Up North - 1182 Points [11/25]

(Elias; Cryne; Alcock; Miller; Goodwin; Jowell; Bain; Francis; Anzaki; Stefansson; McCain)

11th: drol - 1158 Points [11/25]

(Elias; Zarin; Cryne; Alcock; Miller; Tsvangirai; Nevin; Jowell; Francis; Rae; *McCain)

12th: John Key - 1046 Points [5/25]

(Graham; B. Bush; Carrington; *Stefansson; McCain)

13th: Grigori: 1013 Points [6/25]

(Kit; Hawking; Camm; *M. Wilson; Stefansson; McCain)

14th: gcreptile: 926 Points [9/25]

(Manikan; Olivera; J Cooper; Elvy; Tajima; Camm; Yancik; Francis; Duroe)

15th: Book - 898 Points [6/25]

(Le Guin; B. Bush; Coates; Jackson; Teluren; Heck)

16th: the_engineer - 874 Points [7/25]

(Falkholt; Sawyer; Miller; Graham; Jowell; Francis; *McCain)

17th: Sir Creep - 682 Points [7/25]

(Elias; Falkholt; Miller; Haag; Podermanski; Jowell; McCain)

18th: Phantom of the Midway - 661 Points [6/25]

(Smith; Tsvangirai; Fabray; Jowell; Cappotelli; Stefansson)

19th: Whoaml - 604 Points [6/25]

(Malone; Graham; Bannister; Lucas; M. Wilson; McCain)

20th: Deathray - 574 Points [3/25]

(B. Bush; Stefansson; McCain)

21st: FujimoriNoMorey - 435 Points [5/25]

(Cryne; Miller; Shore; B. Bush; P. Thomson)

22nd: mr whit - 393 Points [3/25]

(Graham; B. Bush; McCain)

23rd: Toast - 353 Points [5/25]

(Elias; Miller; Bannister; B. Bush; Francis)

24th: Sean - 338 Points [3/25]

(Graham; Jowell; M. Wilson)

25th: Bibliogryphon - 326 Points [3/25]

(*Hauxwell; Bannister; Hepton)

26th: Joey Russ - 212 Points [4/25]

(Smith; Olivera; Graham; Tajima)

27th: Pedro67 - 206 Points [2/25]

(Hawking; R Wilson)

28th: Widows Peak - 123 Points [2/25]

(Graham; Hawking)

29th: Fixed Business - 113 Points [3/25]

(Monson; Graham; Goodwin)

30th: YoungWillz - 0 Points [0/25]

Unfair to leave in the middle of an update. One final act of kindness.

Deathers takes it from here.

• Thanks 1

I’m in the bottom 6th of the pool. Let’s go! :birthday2:

On 07/09/2018 at 23:13, YoungWillz said:

Unfair to leave in the middle of an update. One final act of kindness.

Deathers takes it from here.

Cheers - was going to look at some point today. :)

David Di Chiera is a hit for me:

https://eu.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/09/18/david-dichiera-dead-dies-detroit-opera-michigan-house/1329892002/

Also a DDP pick.