Deathray

The Hare's Death Pool

4 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

While I obviously didn't win, I still believe that the four month lead in this dead pool was one of my crowning achievements in my first year of dead pooling, and I'm proud of that. Of course, that won't happen for me again next year, and I would be honestly amazed if I gain the same point value as last time, as I don't really have any certs on my team this time...

Quite frankly, it was the strongest hold on a tournament I've seen! Unfortunately, as is the way with these things, your hits just dried up and never really returned, and King Michael dying soooo late in the year really put paid to you.

So don't write yourself off quite yet. You've seen how it can play out, might be your turn next year.

27 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Congratulations to @Grim Up North and remember I did say your team was my favourite, when it looked like all was lost!

Thank you YW - as I have said on at least one occasion your running of the pool has been exemplary, a standard for all pools to aim for (and most of them do).

You actually stated on 20th May and 20th September that I was your favourite (and I think you meant to win the pool ;)) so no doubt there will be a new thread starting up somewhere soon 'Predict the Dead Pool Winner'! 

Thanks to everyone else for their congratulations - I think this pool more than some others - is just down to luck - sure their is a bit of skill in picking people who will die but when they die is just a lottery.

YW as you are from Glasgow and as I give most of my charitable offerings to homeless charities then please donate the £24 to this lot http://www.emmausglasgow.org.uk/how-we-help/ - I haven't done too much research on how well the money gifted is used but hopefully it does not all go to some fat cat administrator.

And as I got so much enjoyment for free I have decided to match your contribution as a payment for your quality administration.

Cheers and hopefully we can have a similar conversation this time next year!:P

EDIT: Oh and as a PS commiserations and congratulations to Sean and The Unknown Man who both also beat the previous points record for this pool despite none of us actually landing our jokers!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

Thank you YW - as I have said on at least one occasion your running of the pool has been exemplary, a standard for all pools to aim for (and most of them do).

You actually stated on 20th May and 20th September that I was your favourite (and I think you meant to win the pool ;)) so no doubt there will be a new thread starting up somewhere soon 'Predict the Dead Pool Winner'! 

Thanks to everyone else for their congratulations - I think this pool more than some others - is just down to luck - sure their is a bit of skill in picking people who will die but when they die is just a lottery.

YW as you are from Glasgow and as I give most of my charitable offerings to homeless charities then please donate the £24 to this lot http://www.emmausglasgow.org.uk/how-we-help/ - I haven't done too much research on how well the money gifted is used but hopefully it does not all go to some fat cat administrator.

And as I got so much enjoyment for free I have decided to match your contribution as a payment for your quality administration.

Cheers and hopefully we can have a similar conversation this time next year!:P

Shucks, thanks for your kind words, but I'm doing nothing else!

I shall get the money off to your nominated charity and may I say that is a mighty fine gesture on your part to match it. Homelessness is a growing issue in the UK and for no good reason in a rich economy such as ours. A worthy nomination and topical at this time of year too.

• Like 1

tumblr_n3unubMX9x1sm39ito1_400.gif

:lol:

Nah, always enjoy the first one, I say.

• Like 1

Congratulations Mr. GUN. This title won't be the last one.

A couple of teams thought Falkholt was a good punt for this pool.

Away Home!

2 of Sir Creep's 24 names gone - how long does he have to provide a 25th name?

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

2 of Sir Creep's 24 names gone - how long does he have to provide a 25th name?

Oh, he has to live with his 24 names....I asked for a replacement, replacements must be named before a hit occurs, now we've had three hits.

Could still win though....

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Oh, he has to live with his 24 names....I asked for a replacement, replacements must be named before a hit occurs, now we've had three hits.

Could still win though....

oh well sorry, I just checked in here today.  Alas.   Hey it's just for fun I'll live.  Unlike my team members.

SC

On 12/31/2017 at 17:06, YoungWillz said:

However, after due consideration, I'm only going to rule out Karen Land. She's ill. She's raising money for herself. Doesn't meet the criteria. Podermanski scrapes in as she is trying to help others with her blogging - really close.

Pick another body please Sir C.

Understood.  Agree with her getting the boot.  IN fact I'd have agreed to both.   In fact, out of integrity for the game, I suggest you cut Podermanski.
SC

I'm a generous soul and there's been no objections, Sir C, so let's plough on with what you have. ;)

To all: Remember I'm cutting the subs out as of Sunday. So if any of your team have died in 2017 and are brought to my attention before then (except those I have already subbed), last chance to get them subbed.

And a leaderboard is a-coming soon. Yes, already. So much for sitting back until June....:lol:

• Thanks 2

Ha. None of my team has died yet but one of my subs did. Ah, maybe that’s a sign. :lol: 

• Like 1

So Falkholt isn't dead and has a few hours for her pickers to make the leaderboard.

Meantime, assuming Edgar Ray Killen is actually dead, that's a unique hit on this pool. :)

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

So Falkholt isn't dead and has a few hours for her pickers to make the leaderboard.

Meantime, assuming Edgar Ray Killen is actually dead, that's a unique hit on this pool. :)

Killen is definitely dead, as ABC News is very trustworthy in the US...

12 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

YW bringing tidings of better news!

Just now, YoungWillz said:

I'm being sarcastic Joey, given recent "deaths" announced on the forum....

I should've realized that. :facepalm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

About damn time :) Can't complain about him dying so early in the year, as if anything, he died about 54 years too late.

• Like 2

Well I'm glad I swapped out Falkholt as my Joker (for Pres Bush the Elder) at the very least.  

Just now, Sir Creep said:

Well I'm glad I swapped out Falkholt as my Joker (for Pres Bush the Elder) at the very least.  

Some daftie had Rayya Elias as his joker. :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, msc said:

Some daftie had Rayya Elias as his joker. :facepalm:

Hey don't feel bad, there will be people who have jokers that see 2019, and that's worse.  By a few points lol :tomatododge:
SC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like me...

First Leaderboard 2018: (*=Joker)

1st: Death Impends - 10 Points [1/25]

(Killen)

2nd: msc - 6 Points [1/25]

(*Elias)

3rd: Captain Chorizo - 4 Points [2/25]

(Monson; Elias)

=4th: drol - 3 Points [1/25]

(Elias)

=4th: Grim Up North - 3 Points [1/25]

(Elias)

=4th: Sir Creep - 3 Points [1/25]

(Elias)

=4th: The Unknown Man - 3 Points [1/25]

(Elias)

=4th: Toast - 3 Points [1/25]

(Elias)

=4th: Torva Messor - 3 Points [1/25]

(Elias)

10th: Fixed Business - 1 Point [1/25]

(Monson)

=11th: Everybody Else - 0 Points [0/25]

• Like 1

Early days and the pattern of 2017 continues with Death Impends and msc topping the table less than a fortnight in....

Exciting times lie ahead...

• Like 1