Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2015

Listening to the World Service at stoopid o'clock this morning, and there was a rare interview with Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, son of Benazir and relative of countless whacked folk..

25 now, so standing for election in Pakistans 2018 elections.....

Main call to arms was folk in Pakistan arnae tough 'nuff on the Taliban, leaving it to the Yanks :D, see ya son, might not see 2015......

Robert John Godfrey - head honcho of prog-cult-band The Enid - has dementia. Sold about 35 albums throughout his career but nailed-on obitable because he's beloved of arty, intellectual Guardian reading types.

''Er indoors has been ill of late, but Billy boy looks, well, fucked?

yesterday....

bill-clinton_sectiondetail.jpg

Eta, and that shirt is waaaay too big, if he bought it in the last month or so...... :pop:

It was news to me that Bill is now a vegan. Guess that's why he looks more drawn of late. Me thinks that he will last quite a few more years on the back of this dietary change.

It was news to me that Bill is now a vegan. Guess that's why he looks more drawn of late. Me thinks that he will last quite a few more years on the back of this dietary change.

Look at the eyes mun, the eyes....

He's been a vegan since his heart op in 2005. He lost a lot of weight straight after that op. he had one a few years later, but from what I've heard he's been in good shape

This edition of Germany's most popular weekly magazine, Der Spiegel, had an article on the inventor of Pinyin, the latinized writing of Chinese, Zhou Youguang. He's 108 years old.

• Like 1

I must say, watching the old reruns of Blankety Blank on Challenge and picking out panellists who are still (just) with us is proving useful for inspiration...

• Like 1

Every time I catch the Stars In Their Eyes repeats (and it's hard to imagine that as recently as 1991 we had both blacking-up AND Leslie Crowther as acceptable Saturday night TV entertainment) I google the episode winners, and they're all fucking dead as well.

How about Jane Goodall?

How about Jane Goodall?

Dunno, I haven't checked her thread lately.

Not sure how 'bad' it is but Ray Wilkins who got the bullet at Fulham this week has had ulcerative colitus for the past 24 years.

Add in occasional depression and a booze problem and maybes..

Ray Wilkins, sacked as assistant manager by Fulham this week, has revealed he is suffering from the same debilitating illness as Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher.

Former Manchester United and Chelsea star Wilkins, 57, has been fighting the chronic bowel disease ulcerative colitis since 1990 along with periodic bouts of depression.

Wilkins has decided to reveal his medical condition in order to save his career in football management and rebut drinking allegations.

Claims were made from inside Fulham that Wilkins was the worse for wear in the dug-out for the 3-2 home defeat by Liverpool last Wednesday ? a result that led to manager Rene Meulensteen and his back-room staff?s dismissal.

Wilkins explained that his medical condition can give him the ?woozy? appearance of being drunk.

?I need to control the ulcerative colitis with strict medication, which I had not done before the Liverpool game,? he said. ?That is the reason I didn?t return to the dug-out after half-time as I needed to be close to a toilet.

?Unfortunately I can look the worse for wear but it is nothing to do with drink. I did have verbals with Brendan Rodgers, but it was nothing.

?I was face to face with (Fulham) chief executive Alistair Mackintosh and the owner Mr Khan straight before the game. And if I had been unable to carry out my duties, they had the right to sack me on the spot. I most certainly hadn?t been drinking on the train before the match.?

A clearly agitated Wilkins was involved in a touchline row with Liverpool boss Rodgers at half-time.

And Fulham sources suggested that Wilkins had arrived at Craven Cottage not in the best condition having earlier travelled to and from Birmingham by train to watch Fulham Under 21s play Aston Villa.

Wilkins was banned from driving for three years after a drink-driving conviction when he was found to be three times over the legal limit.

Fulham insiders also said that Meulensteen had tolerated Wilkins not being in the best shape for work on other occasions - seen as one of the reasons for the Dutchman being sacked after just 13 Premier League games.

The club?s sensitivity about the conduct of their management that night was due to American owner Shahid Khan being in attendance. And some of the players had voiced concern about whether Wilkins was well enough to carry on coaching.

Wilkins added: ?I didn?t want to make a fuss about my illness, I didn?t tell Rene. Darren Fletcher said how hard it was to tell his team-mates. But I desperately want to carry on in football and there?s no chance of that happening if everyone gets the wrong impression that I have a drink problem.

?I was very stupid about the drink-driving and I have had trouble with depression on occasions. But not since I was back in football. I was so excited about the Fulham challenge, but it?s all about results.?

Also leaving Fulham along with head coach Meulensteen, technical director Alan Curbishley and Wilkins are first-team coaches Jonathan Hill and Mick Priest, who were brought from Manchester United by Meulensteen.

Apologies for the extra '?'s but it is from the crappy hun site I took it from.

Might explain why Uncle Fester got the bullet from Chelsea too...

Jenny Wright

Not a name actress but she had small parts in tons of well known 80s films most notably Pink Floyds The Wall so she would get a qualifying obit. Has not worked in film since the 90s and apparently has had a lot of drug and alcohol problems over the years.

Here is a pic of her circa 2012.

Jenny%20Wright-SGG-110423.jpg

Perhaps it'd be simplest to have her put to S-L-E-E-P.

• Like 2

I think Dina Merrill might be a good pick for 2015. She's been in really bad shape these past years: Strokes, a bad fall, in a wheelchair, already 90, etc.

Speaking of wheelchair, what about William Schallert? He has two prosthetic legs, not sure when/why he got it but it can't be good. He's also 90.

Guest Imissmontpellier

Have you noticed that two actors nominated in 2009 for the oscar of best actor in a supporting role have died at a quite young age?

Another fellow nominee is this category the same year is a former drug addict. I don t know what to think..

The bit coin founder that Newsweek outed today.

Satoshi Nakamoto.

64, prostate cancer and a stroke in recent year, all this interest might do for him. As might the rumours on the keys to $gazillions in bit coins being somewhere in his house...

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/06/bitcoin-founder-satoshi-nakamoto