Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2015

When Tony Nicklinson lost his right to die fight legally, he was dead of "natural causes" within seven days. Paul Lamb and "Martin" - along with Nicklinson's widow who continues his fight - lost another round in court yesterday. I've got Lamb on some 2014 teams. Re "Martin" we'd better start debating this. Assuming he's still breathing on New Year's Day does his preferred pseudonym count for picking purposes all round? Obviously, the low-hanger fest of the "fast, furious...f***in' good fun" Deathrace will accept him and duly dish out points, but other dead pool managers may feel differently.

When Tony Nicklinson lost his right to die fight legally, he was dead of "natural causes" within seven days. Paul Lamb and "Martin" - along with Nicklinson's widow who continues his fight - lost another round in court yesterday. I've got Lamb on some 2014 teams. Re "Martin" we'd better start debating this. Assuming he's still breathing on New Year's Day does his preferred pseudonym count for picking purposes all round? Obviously, the low-hanger fest of the "fast, furious...f***in' good fun" Deathrace will accept him and duly dish out points, but other dead pool managers may feel differently.

Crucially the DDP, we're getting to the point where you could just about scramble a theme team together from these Right to Die folk.

The more I see of Roger Bannister on TV. the more I think he can't go on running for ever, so next year might just be the one. he has outrun Brasher and Chataway just as he did in 1954, so why not join them in 2015?

One other name i would go for is Des o'Connor, because anyone who saw him on Celebrity Chase some months ago should have been surprised how shambolic he was. He went onto our pub RIP list at the first available opportunity. Morecambe & Wise could have been right all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having been catching up on some of the Game of Thrones, Peter Vaughan at 91 has to be considered.

(I know he is an actor, and acting, but.......).......... His voice sounds really really creaky, and after Sam Kelly, there is not many Porridge boys left.

Having been catching up on some of the Game of Thrones, Peter Vaughan at 91 has to be considered.

(I know he is an actor, and acting, but.......).......... His voice sounds really really creaky, and after Sam Kelly, there is not many Porridge boys left.

He has to survive another season though.

Autumn?

Is Christopher Biggins the last remaining inmate apart from Sir David Jason left from HMP Slade?

Is Christopher Biggins the last remaining inmate apart from Sir David Jason left from HMP Slade?

Tony Osoba, who played Jim 'Jock' McClaren, is still alive aged 67.

Or you know they could just write him out offscreen if anything happens like most shows would.

Or you know they could just write him out offscreen if anything happens like most shows would.

I once made the mistake of looking at the "A game of ice and fire"-wiki because I wanted to know a bit of the Game of Thrones backstory without reading the books. I accidentally spoiled myself though and so I know that they ...probably... can't do that, because he has something to do. It could be that they leave that plotline out of the TV show, but from what I've read, it's not likely. That's all I can say without spoiling it for others as well.

I once made the mistake of looking at the "A game of ice and fire"-wiki because I wanted to know a bit of the Game of Thrones backstory without reading the books. I accidentally spoiled myself though and so I know that they ...probably... can't do that, because he has something to do. It could be that they leave that plotline out of the TV show, but from what I've read, it's not likely. That's all I can say without spoiling it for others as well.

Or they could replace him with another old codger, as shows often do when a character's that critical.

Following the recent death of Jeffrey Wickham there are no only three former presidents of Equity left alive:

• Frederick Payne (b. 1936)
  • Harry Landis (b. 1931)
  • Graham Hamilton (b. 1944)
  • Malcolm Sinclair (b. 1950) - Incumbant

All should be obit worthy in the right publications.

Just heard tonight from a social media devotee that Joe Longthorne has had a 10 hour operation today, and given his past problems, will he last until 2015

Does anyone remember the beautiful actress Mother Dolores Hart, who surprisingly became a nun in the prime of her career? Well, since she's had idiopathic peripheral neuropathy disorder for several years, and is aged 75, could she be a good pick maybe?

I also want to mention one of my theme team picks, Elaine Hollingsworth. She was a Hollywood actress who later turned into a medical expert or something. I personally suspect it's quackery, after looking at her website doctorsaredangerous.com. Let's asssume that she one day gets an illness, and she refuses to use regular medicines that doctors prescribe? I mean, she's already 86 and ya never know at that age, right?

Don Rickles was looking

paying tribute to him.

And if he's already been suggested, than I am only here to second that notion.

Although it saddens me as a Red to even put forward this name, Nobby Stiles is not looking good

Although it saddens me as a Red to even put forward this name, Nobby Stiles is not looking good

He was front toothless, damn near legally blind and slap headed in his playing days, how much worse can he look now?

• Like 5

He was front toothless, damn near legally blind and slap headed in his playing days, how much worse can he look now?

His prognosis for prostate cancer was very good and he's expected to make a full recovery. Although I'm unable to find any updates since his diagnosis was announced last November.

Hope you are right about Nobby but a recent picture in our local paper tells me that all is not well with our World Cup hero.

Death in the family is not new to Nobby's family.....his father was an undertaker in Manchester

http://www.dailymail...-interview.html

I would bet on Ava Sabrina to have a mysterious death in the next year or two and is a good bet for 2015's death pool. Reality tv and ex Playboy playmate Kendra Baskett was cheated on by her husband Hank Baskett,with Ava a transexual prostitute who outed him to US tabloids. When Eddie Murphy got caught in the late 90s,the transexual lady he picked up was murdered the next year. I suspect one of Ava's celebrity clients for fear of being outed will make sure she meets the same fate.

Arthur Blessit (b. 1940) continues to carry a cross through war zones, countries of every political persuasion, all weathers and random dangers from dogs to armed uprisings.

He's survived 45 years of this behaviour, but might be worth mentioning here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Blessitt

Fucking hell. Is Blessitt seriously his birth name? Hahahaha....

I'm guessing he managed to get a lot of the, er....... certain Arab/Asian countries done in the 60s and 70s when he first started. If he tried to repeat some of those today/next year then he would be a certainty.