Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2015

One for Mary's "British spunk series", I guess, but Bill Speakman, I note from chatter elsewhere, is in poor health. As a VC recipient, guaranteed an obit.

Cheers, yep, deffo British spunk-master (SAS service alone guarantees that).

William Horwood, author, suffering pancreatic cancer...

A link or supporting evidence would be nice. Nothing on his official website.

Tried reading Duncton Wood once but gave up.

Assuming he's keeping the same company in January he currently enjoys, Steve Sotloff probably has fairly high odds of scoring in various 2015 dead pools.

foleyMain_3012746c.jpg

It's fairly obvious from the interviews already broadcast that some nations - France, Italy... - cough up ransomes. the UK and USA don't, Sotloff is the "other" American held with Jim Foley.

Dead. Apparently a "British hostage" is next up in the barbers' chair, good news for those who want a patriotic DDP pick in 2015.

post-22047-0-15713700-1409833374_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

For 2015 I think some reasonable guesses would be 94 year old Clarissa Eden widow of British Prime Minister Anthony Eden and Mary Wilson widow of British Prime Minister Harold Wilson.

For 2015 I think some reasonable guesses would be 94 year old Clarissa Eden widow of British Prime Minister Anthony Eden and Mary Wilson widow of British Prime Minister Harold Wilson.

The longer we go with no news of Clarissa Eden or Mary Wilson the more I begin to think their deaths may have gone tragically unnoticed. There both very old and on the fringes of fame in modern terms, Clarissa Eden being Britain's first lady before the majority of people alive today we're born.

The longer we go with no news of Clarissa Eden or Mary Wilson the more I begin to think their deaths may have gone tragically unnoticed. There both very old and on the fringes of fame in modern terms, Clarissa Eden being Britain's first lady before the majority of people alive today we're born.

Mary Wilson was a published poet as well, so I can't see her not getting an obit.

Neither of them were ever "First Lady", incidentally. The UK is a monarchy, so if that title were to be used, it would be held by the Queen [/pedantry]

• Like 3

Mary Wilson was a published poet as well, so I can't see her not getting an obit.

Neither of them were ever "First Lady", incidentally. The UK is a monarchy, so if that title were to be used, it would be held by the Queen [/pedantry]

Sorry, Spouses of the Prime Minister.

Have gone unnoticed? Nope. Eden published her memoirs last year. Lady Wilson was still politically active at the start of the year, still known to folk in the Labour party, and apparently still a terrifying firebrand. Both will get reasonable coverage when they go.

• Like 1

Both are alive and should obit on the day they die (and if not the day after).

I suspect Wilson may die first as Clarissa is still pretty active despite being so old.

Guest Guest

Is Bel Kaufmann still alive?

She died on July 25

I see in this morning's papers that Gerry Marsden of Gerry and the Pacemakers has pulled out of a tour due to a sudden illness. He said that he was still getting a buzz out of appearing on stage, but he had triple by-pass surgery in 2007.

A possibility for next year then. My only fear would be that song "You'll never walk alone" will get to No 1 if Gerry pops it.

I see in this morning's papers that Gerry Marsden of Gerry and the Pacemakers has pulled out of a tour due to a sudden illness. He said that he was still getting a buzz out of appearing on stage, but he had triple by-pass surgery in 2007.

A possibility for next year then. My only fear would be that song "You'll never walk alone" will get to No 1 if Gerry pops it.

It's better than him making it to 96 and then dying. Then we'll never hear the end of "JUSTICE FOR THE 96(YEAR-OLD)".

• Like 1

Brilliant!

Was going to be my unique pick for next year but, for the benefit of this community, I will suggest Gaston Glock the inventor of the Glock handgun. He has suffered two strokes (one in 2008 and one in 2012) but also suffered multiple head injuries during an attempted murder back in 1999, and will be turning 86 next year.

Was going to be my unique pick for next year but, for the benefit of this community, I will suggest Gaston Glock the inventor of the Glock handgun. He has suffered two strokes (one in 2008 and one in 2012) but also suffered multiple head injuries during an attempted murder back in 1999, and will be turning 86 next year.

Aye, might give that one a shot, thanks.

• Like 1

I have no particular specific knowledge nudging me towards this guess but Im going to say Hollywood Bmovie actress Dorothy Malone aged 89 is a reasonable guess for next year.

Gazza`s back on the bottle again.If he is with us in the New Year surely he should be Number 1 on the list?http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/paul-gascoigne-released-police-after-4204183

Gazza`s back on the bottle again.If he is with us in the New Year surely he should be Number 1 on the list?http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/paul-gascoigne-released-police-after-4204183

Probably not. I think many (British) would people find it too depressing when he died, including me. Still, I've been thinking recently about some other people's intake of chemicals and realising he might not quite as doomed as we all think. The body can take a lot more than we like to think about, so long as he doesn't choke on his own vomit. He might have another few years of it left. I mean he's still got his original liver right?

Yeah he has his original liver but he has mental health issues and substance issues as well as his alcoholism!He must be a high suicide risk as well.Yes some celebrities like Lemmy, Ozzy Osbourne,Shane MacGowan and Keith Richards have abused their bodies for years and are still here but the recent pictures of Gazza just look like a dead man walking! Even if he is not at the Number 1 I think he is undoubtedly worthy of a place on next years list.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608048321480557364&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

• Like 2

Probably not. I think many (British) would people find it too depressing when he died, including me.

wut.gif

I'm thinking of including Gazza in my 2015 list , seems for the most part heavy smokers / drinkers tend to die in their late 50s that's when it catches up with them . But lately Gazza by the looks of him seems like he has had enough and wants out. I think Gazza should easily get a place on the top 50 .

Gazza is pretty much a cert for 2015. But as Dr. Zorders, says, it's depressing. If he'd have been at an enlightened club back in the 80's/90's who recognised and understood his mental health issues and got him referred properly, would things be different now?

Were there any though?