themaninblack

The Dead Of 2014

http://www.dailymail...ts-suicide.html

Mick Jagger's girlfriend L'Wren Scott has hung herself.

Sorry, this link doesn't say she's hung herself, but haggard old wench Kay Burley has reported it as such on her Twitter.

Could somebody explain how it's possible to hang yourself from a doorknob? (Especially if you're very tall.) Shouldn't you have to jump off something, or summat.

Open the door, tie a rope or summat around the knob that is on the other side of the door you are standing against, drape the rope over the top of the door, make a noose, stand on a chair, put the noose around yer neck, kick the chair away and yer dead, or summat.

Ah, the other side of the door, I see. That's still quite tricky for someone who's 6' 3", surely. Not a nice way to go, I'd imagine.

Erm, actually in the one film I saw it happen in, it was just a really, really short noose/piece of rope that you tie to the doorknob on the same side you're on........ no slinging a rope over the door or anything like that. Pretty simple really.

I also saw it used in an episode of The Wire as a murder method, when some character was killed for being a prison snitch (I think, can't be bothered to double check).

The auto-erotic accidents (like Hutchence) were short ropes on the same side. Choking and wanking isn't the same with an open door and passers by getting a look in!

Oh I dunno. Some people would get off on that.

• Like 2

Some rumours that Oswald Morris has died

http://www.britmovie...morris-bsc.html

Seems to be true, no UK obit yet though

http://www.latimes.c...y#axzz2wM3jy85T

BAFTA twitter announced it earlier, so it'll be true, sadly. Hell of a CV.

It is definately true .He is dead http://www.latimes.c...0,4411658.story

BBC News report.

http://www.dailymail...ts-suicide.html

Mick Jagger's girlfriend L'Wren Scott has hung herself.

Sorry, this link doesn't say she's hung herself, but haggard old wench Kay Burley has reported it as such on her Twitter.

Could somebody explain how it's possible to hang yourself from a doorknob? (Especially if you're very tall.) Shouldn't you have to jump off something, or summat.

Open the door, tie a rope or summat around the knob that is on the other side of the door you are standing against, drape the rope over the top of the door, make a noose, stand on a chair, put the noose around yer neck, kick the chair away and yer dead, or summat.

Ah, the other side of the door, I see. That's still quite tricky for someone who's 6' 3", surely. Not a nice way to go, I'd imagine.

Erm, actually in the one film I saw it happen in, it was just a really, really short noose/piece of rope that you tie to the doorknob on the same side you're on........ no slinging a rope over the door or anything like that. Pretty simple really.

I also saw it used in an episode of The Wire as a murder method, when some character was killed for being a prison snitch (I think, can't be bothered to double check).

The auto-erotic accidents (like Hutchence) were short ropes on the same side. Choking and wanking isn't the same with an open door and passers by getting a look in!

Oh I dunno. Some people would get off on that.

Yes..............................me!!!!! :lol:

• Like 1

Did Hutchence and Carradine (and any others like them) really do it with a doorframe? I've seen that once in a movie, as I mentioned, but is there any sort of evidence for those guys doing it? I would have thought it was in bed with some clever rope-type contraption/combination/whatever round their necks and tugging on it with one hand. Surely it must be a bit odd pleasuring oneself while sitting on your arse against a hotel room door?

Did Hutchence and Carradine (and any others like them) really do it with a doorframe? I've seen that once in a movie, as I mentioned, but is there any sort of evidence for those guys doing it? I would have thought it was in bed with some clever rope-type contraption/combination/whatever round their necks and tugging on it with one hand. Surely it must be a bit odd pleasuring oneself while sitting on your arse against a hotel room door?

There was photies re Carradine, but I can't remember if faked and I cannae be arsed to search...

Anyway Carradine was murdered, the crime scene was made to look like it was an auto erotic sex act gone wrong.

I still don't get it. If you hung yourself off a door knob on the same side as that which you are standing, you'd have to be about two foot tall for it to work.

I still don't get it. If you hung yourself off a door knob on the same side as that which you are standing, you'd have to be about two foot tall for it to work.

you just need to sit down ffs..........not be pretty, take a while, but fuck it.

Guest Cat O'Falk

There was photies re Carradine, but I can't remember if faked and I cannae be arsed to search...

I remember Carradine wasn't on a bed, he was in a closet.

Was thinking that was Kristian Digby but apparently he did it with a plastic bin bag: http://en.wikipedia..../Kristian_Digby

Yep that was the guy. I must have remembered early speculation.

I stand corrected

Better than laying down with a bag on my head corrected which is something else entirely.

I must say this is a fascinating discussion. I'm glad I hung around for this one.

• Like 2

you just need to sit down ffs..........not be pretty, take a while, but fuck it.

Nope, still not understanding how that works ffs.........

LOL..... sorry Lardy, but I've been chuckling away watching you being confused and annoyed by this. :lol:

I'm not sure I 100% understand it myself but I'm pretty sure it's just a choking thing. You don't need to be suspended as such. They simply choke themselves - if you dangled your head from something with a belt around your neck it'd eventually asphyxiate you, you don't need necessarily your feet to be off the ground. In fact, I think that in "proper" hangings, where people get lowered from gallows or whatever, the usual cause of death is a broken neck caused by the sudden height drop, especially with the thick rope around one's neck. So there you go.

LOL..... sorry Lardy, but I've been chuckling away watching you being confused and annoyed by this. :lol:

I'm not sure I 100% understand it myself but I'm pretty sure it's just a choking thing. You don't need to be suspended as such. They simply choke themselves - if you dangled your head from something with a belt around your neck it'd eventually asphyxiate you, you don't need necessarily your feet to be off the ground. In fact, I think that in "proper" hangings, where people get lowered from gallows or whatever, the usual cause of death is a broken neck caused by the sudden height drop, especially with the thick rope around one's neck. So there you go.

But surely there are less complicated ways of offing yourself or getting yourself off

Yes, that's what confuses me too. I would have thought the survival instinct would kick in. But maybe you black out really quick, is that it?

I knew a guy who hung himself on his bed post. Tied something round his neck, tied it round the post and just hung until he suffocated,

No idea if it was a fiddle gone wrong though...

But surely there are less complicated ways of offing yourself or getting yourself off

Indeed. Why go to the bother of slowly choking yourself to death when you could jump in the path of the 10.10 Westbury to Paddington and be splattered across Reading in the blink of an eye? Or neck a bottle of JD and a month's worth of Zopiclone and slowly drift off to meet the Reaper? Seems like a lot of unnecessary arsing about to me.

Indeed. Why go to the bother of slowly choking yourself to death when you could jump in the path of the 10.10 Westbury to Paddington and be splattered across Reading in the blink of an eye? Or neck a bottle of JD and a month's worth of Zopiclone and slowly drift off to meet the Reaper? Seems like a lot of unnecessary arsing about to me.

Because you might not live near a train line, and in the second case, you might not have enough fags to buy those things from the prison off-license?

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Could one of the mods maybe create a suicide thread where people can advise on the various ways and means of ending it all?It's gone a bit off topic, not to mention bloody depressing! :mellow:

Could one of the mods maybe create a suicide thread where people can advise on the various ways and means of ending it all?It's gone a bit off topic, not to mention bloody depressing! :mellow:

Hopefully you'll be taking some of the advice.

• Like 2

Guest Guest

Hopefully you'll be taking some of the advice.

no way.far too much of a coward.someones going to have to risk jail and kill me if they want rid of me !

Fiery Founder of Anti-Gay Westboro Baptist Church Dies at 84

200+ Psychology Headlines Around the World by CBS News -

would be good if he was in the sixth circle of hell - a replica of the Las Vegas Sands Hotel with Liberace on stage for eternity

If Deathlist did obits.