themaninblack

The Dead Of 2014

The actress Misty Upham who was in the film August Osage County has committed suicide at age 32 http://deadline.com/...-police-853408/

I don't see it confirmed as suicide in that report. Found at the bottom of a ravine, it says. Just as likely to be an accident.

ETA - BBC obit

Robert Demeger Actor who was a Stalwart of the Royal Shakespeare Company and National Theatre is dead at 63 from brain cancer

Robert Demeger Actor who was a Stalwart of the Royal Shakespeare Company and National Theatre is dead at 63 from brain cancer

#17 on my DDP line up. Does this put me back ahead of Zorders, then?

#17 on my DDP line up. Does this put me back ahead of Zorders, then?

Shit. Lasted about 24 hours..... should have known the gloating would bite me in the arse.

Xolile Mngeni, killer of Anni Diwani (albeit it's disputed on whose initiative he killed her), is dead. Bit miffed because he was #1 on my DDP list for next year.

actor Gerard Parkes aka Doc from Fraggle Rock has died at 90 http://www.cbc.ca/ne...at-90-1.2805925

That's from the U.S. version of Fraggle Rock. in the U.K version, Fulton Mackay played the role of the lighthouse keeper.

Oscar De La Renta The Legendary Fashion Designer who has designed outfits for stars on red carpet events for decades is dead at 82

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/21/total-oil-ceo-christophe-de-margeriekilled-in-moscow-plane-crash-say-reports

Christophe de Mergerie , boss at French oil giant Total, killed in air crash

Edit....aaaaargh , beaten by a guest who posted in the right thread 4 1/2 fucking hours ago . Time for a coffee and couple of ciggies I obviously need to wake up.

http://www.theguardi...ash-say-reports

Edit....aaaaargh , beaten by a guest who posted in the right thread 4 1/2 fucking hours ago . Time for a coffee and couple of ciggies I obviously need to wake up.

You shouldn't laugh but...

He was one of the best friends Russia had in international business, always championing their cause and willing to tolerate some traits of the Russian character other business leaders didn't like. His private jet hit a snowplough on the runway, accident reports already suggesting the snowplough driver was drunk.

Respect Spade, anyone pulling a unique DDP pick is doing well. I've got one if Len Goodman's dear old mum expires before the end of the year (but she'll be worth less points than yours).

The DDP has officially gone bananas! He'll probably get an English language obit eventually...Well done anyway!

The DDP has officially gone bananas! He'll probably get an English language obit eventually...Well done anyway!

Never in doubt, although surprisingly the Daily Mail beats both the BBC and The Guardian to the English obit.

Never in doubt, although surprisingly the Daily Mail beats both the BBC and The Guardian to the English obit.

As we've seen this year on DDP, they'll obit anything!

That bastards didn't do an obit for Jim Bamber

Bit harsh IMHO.

Except Ronnie Masterson, surprisingly.

Death of Nelson Bunker-Hunt, one of a pair of brothers who tried to corner the world market for silver and ended up losing $1 billion when the plan went to shit, made the morning headlines on the BBC today.

Death of Nelson Bunker-Hunt, one of a pair of brothers who tried to corner the world market for silver and ended up losing $1 billion when the plan went to shit, made the morning headlines on the BBC today.

I remember that. In that time, as an amateur photographer, I bought film and print paper, which contain some silver, in quantity. Manufacturers increased their prices almost weekly. After Silver Thursday they didn't reduce them to pre-swindle level, of course.

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

http://www.theguardi...ash-say-reports

You shouldn't laugh but...

He was one of the best friends Russia had in international business, always championing their cause and willing to tolerate some traits of the Russian character other business leaders didn't like. His private jet hit a snowplough on the runway, accident reports already suggesting the snowplough driver was drunk.

Was the snow plough being driven by Mikhail Gorbachev by any chance? 😳