Grim Reaper

Chris Woodhead

http://www.express.c...e-has-positives _Sir Chris has recently battled kidney stones and cancer and is now quadraplegic.I saw him on Sky News about an hour ago talking about a sex scandal in a school he is associated with and he is very lucid and his voice is still strong so I cant see him in immediate danger of going to dignitas.

He was on Radio Four last week talking about his (currently good) quality of life, and - basically - agreeing with you.

and was yesterday involved in heavy damage limitation exercise for the private school where he is chair of governors.

http://www.express.c...e-has-positives _Sir Chris has recently battled kidney stones and cancer and is now quadraplegic.I saw him on Sky News about an hour ago talking about a sex scandal in a school he is associated with and he is very lucid and his voice is still strong so I cant see him in immediate danger of going to dignitas.

He was on Radio Four last week talking about his (currently good) quality of life, and - basically - agreeing with you.

and was yesterday involved in heavy damage limitation exercise for the private school where he is chair of governors.

Hmm, I'm sure it's in keeping with Mr Woodhead's career that we invoke pedantry and attention to detail here.

Is he chair of governors or...wheelchair of governors?

• Like 4

Guest Guest

It was shocking to see him in that condition. What a horrible disease. I'm a big supporter of allowing people to die when they're in that state

It was shocking to see him in that condition. What a horrible disease. I'm a big supporter of allowing people to die when they're in that state

Me too. I think people should have the right to end their life if they want. Its a joke we call this a free country , when a natural plant like cannabis is banned and people can't end their life. Its pretty simple everyone in the UK has a right to life and a pursuit of happiness , so why shouldn't someone have the right to death and their pursuit of happiness maybe the end of pain and degradation of an illness.

Certain diseases Like MND or locked in syndrome etc when medically proven the patient has these should then be offered a chance to end their life when they are ready providing they freely want to.

Me too. I think people should have the right to end their life if they want. Its a joke we call this a free country , when a natural plant like cannabis is banned and people can't end their life. Its pretty simple everyone in the UK has a right to life and a pursuit of happiness , so why shouldn't someone have the right to death and their pursuit of happiness maybe the end of pain and degradation of an illness.

Certain diseases Like MND or locked in syndrome etc when medically proven the patient has these should then be offered a chance to end their life when they are ready providing they freely want to.

If he was a dog or cat, he'd have been taken to the vet and been put out of his misery in next to no time.

• Like 1

If he was a dog or cat, he'd have been taken to the vet and been put out of his misery in next to no time.

Perhaps another viable option...

My Grandfather used to put a bullet through the head of animals that became lame. he did this at the back of his property with minimal fanfare.

Perhaps another viable option...

My Grandfather used to put a bullet through the head of animals that became lame. he did this at the back of his property with minimal fanfare.

There's quite a few former teachers from his period as chief inspector that might be willing to pull the trigger.

I hadn't realised just how bad a state he was in until I saw him recently on TV. I had already voted for Chapman Pincher as my outsider, but fear that Chris might get there before him.

I couldn't agree more that people should be offered the choice of a dignified end when their condition becomes uncomfortable and it is sad to see people who you remember as being articulate in such a state.

• Like 1

It is the same with my nan who is in the final stages of dementia -The health authorities seem intent in maintaining her life even though all the quality it once possessed has now sadly evaporated. The thing with Woodhead though unlike my Nan who`s wishes where never specified is that he has made a clear wish as to how his life should conclude so surely that should be honoured.I mean who is anyone to dictate whether or not a physically disabled persons life should end when someone who is physically abled can willingly end their life at any point?-I can `t believe the Pc brigade don't claim discrimination against disabled people on that one!

If he carries out a self inspection and declares himself failing will they just bring in new management to try and turn him around?

• Like 5

So every vital function has been farmed out and his failing operation is in special measures. A Thatcherite triumph in every respect.

Oh, the irony!

oh good, at least I remembered to keep him on mine for this year.

I thought I had but turns out not. At least I remembered to add him to the Hartlepool.

I thought I had but turns out not. At least I remembered to add him to the Hartlepool.

Isn't this the tipping point that he stated in the past? I'm sure I read somewhere that once he gets to the stage where he can no longer feed himself then he wants to be euthanised.

Isn't this the tipping point that he stated in the past? I'm sure I read somewhere that once he gets to the stage where he can no longer feed himself then he wants to be euthanised.

Aye, taxi to Switzerland then!

Oh aye, and he's a unique pick on the Deathrace, for Lardy!

• Like 2

Christ terminal cancer and MND what a horrific combination.I find it odd he seems to not be contemplating suicide given his belief in euthanasia and dire predicament.I would think the chemo will finish him off soon seeing as his body is very weak as it is.

Christ terminal cancer and MND what a horrific combination.I find it odd he seems to not be contemplating suicide given his belief in euthanasia and dire predicament.I would think the chemo will finish him off soon seeing as his body is very weak as it is.

And living right on the border to Wales. His situation only goes from bad to worse.

• Like 2

I kept him in...after all he was my suggestion 18 months ago so would be rude not to :)

Seeing as there a few sweepstakes going around I think Sir Chris should have one.Can`t see him hanging on much longer: 22nd May 2015.