Grim Reaper

Lord Carrington

an aristocratic one-nation conservative with a strong sense of noblesse oblige, was very much concerned with social harmony and national unity, and was often sympathetic to the demands of the British working class; he had a tempestuous relationship with Margaret Thatcher, referring to her as a "stupid [petit bourgeois] woman".[1]

from Wikipedia for those that will ask lord who??

did lots of mp govt stuff

Neverending Tory

Haha, you little genius.

Er, or you big genius if you're a tall guy, I don't know.

Neverending Tory

Haha, you little genius.

Just shy of 6ft.

Not going to comment on weight.

I presume it is relative you might be a basketball player or Bernie Ecclestone.

Neverending Tory

Haha, you little genius.

Just shy of 6ft.

Not going to comment on weight.

I presume it is relative you might be a basketball player or Bernie Ecclestone.

I just meant it kind of like some people say "you little beauty" or whatever because it was a flash of genius, then I realised you could be 7ft for all I know.

I'm shy of 6ft tall people too, they scare the shit out of me.

Guest hhtc130

Not sure exactly why he's on this page, except that he's a high-profile politician in mid-90s. I saw him at the Royal Opera House tonight (Dec 18) and he looked remarkably hale and hearty and full of life. I think it's premature to have him, and he wouldn't be high in my list for 2015 at all.

Not sure exactly why he's on this page, except that he's a high-profile politician in mid-90s. I saw him at the Royal Opera House tonight (Dec 18) and he looked remarkably hale and hearty and full of life. I think it's premature to have him, and he wouldn't be high in my list for 2015 at all.

You openly admit you went to an opera and you expect us to be embarrassed?

• Like 4

As Frankie Boyle so ably tweeted at Thatcher's funeral, the guest list for that event was a damning indictment of the operational inefficiency of the IRA. Which - in a round about way - is why Carrington and his former cabinet colleagues offer us dead pool fodder now. I don't think Lord C is the best bet in the survivors, Leon Brittan being a younger but more promising candidate, surely. The gobby Tebbit probably has a few years left in him given the life force he exbibits every time something like Hilary Mantell's Thatcher assassination story makes the news.

-Recent video of him looks well but his hands are really discoloured.Heart/circulatory problems maybe?I think it is unreasonable to criticize having a man his age on the list.
  • Like 1

-Recent video of him looks well but his hands are really discoloured.Heart/circulatory problems maybe?I think it is unreasonable to criticize having a man his age on the list.

I'd say the young interviewer stands a better chance of buying the farm in 2015 (from embarrassment) than the interviewee.

regards,

Hein

The interviewer is clearly demented how Carrington didn`t smirk once is beyond me!

Never liked the fella.

How could he ever have been a credible politician when he looked like Marje Proops?

As Frankie Boyle so ably tweeted at Thatcher's funeral, the guest list for that event was a damning indictment of the operational inefficiency of the IRA. Which - in a round about way - is why Carrington and his former cabinet colleagues offer us dead pool fodder now. I don't think Lord C is the best bet in the survivors, Leon Brittan being a younger but more promising candidate, surely. The gobby Tebbit probably has a few years left in him given the life force he exbibits every time something like Hilary Mantell's Thatcher assassination story makes the news.

I think Douglas Hurd and Nigel Lawson are probably good bets as well. Hurd certainly looked the worst at the funeral. Everyone else looked quite pleased to be there.

Guest hhtc130

Dr. Zorders - Not ashamed to be passionate about opera, still less looking for others to be embarrassed: but simply trying to point out that I think there are many better candidates for 2015 than Lord Carrington, who still seems in pretty good shape for someone of his age.

Dr. Zorders - Not ashamed to be passionate about opera, still less looking for others to be embarrassed: but simply trying to point out that I think there are many better candidates for 2015 than Lord Carrington, who still seems in pretty good shape for someone of his age.

Oh ok. You know I was only jokin rite.

Thanks for the helpful link to my own profile btw.

TBQFH I thought you would end up just telling me you worked there as an usher or someth, hard to imagine opera fans "round these parts" (little shout-out to MPFC there). Whatevs. And yeah as hard as it is for me to imagine looking full of life while attending an opera, I believe you. So thank you for the advice.

Just saw Pistol Pete on Newsnight talking about everyone's favourite World-War-2-winning car-insurance dog.

Did we know he's the last surviving member of a Winston Churchill cabinet? I suppose it isn't surprising there's only one.

Also, from the Churchill documentary on BBC last night, I found out about this....... of which Carrington was a member but our other superannuated pal Denis Healey was not.

I`m starting to regret putting him on my DDP .I picked him purely for his age and notability.

96 today! :party:

Any recent news on carrington????

He's going in the Celebrity Big Brother house tonight.

• Like 5

98 Today!!!!!!:party::birthday::birthday2:

Image result for lord carrington 2017