CaptainChorizo

Valerie Harper

She feels good and says that she talks to her cells and uses "alternative therapies".

http://www.closerweekly.com/posts/valerie-harper-battles-brain-cancer-with-an-upbeat-outlook-51588

So, it'll be her and Gwyneth Paltrow side by side in the vag steaming salon soon, then.

• Like 1

What's interesting is that out of the 8 people who starred in The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970-1977), only one of them died - Ted Knight in 1986, aged 62 of cancer. Since then nobody has died, which is impressive considering the average age of the surviving cast members is 82.

Interesting as well the 2 oldest Betty White and Cloris Leachman seem to be the healthiest other then the young whippersnapper in her 60's Georgia Engel.

What's interesting is that out of the 8 people who starred in The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970-1977), only one of them died - Ted Knight in 1986, aged 62 of cancer. Since then nobody has died, which is impressive considering the average age of the surviving cast members is 82.

Interesting as well the 2 oldest Betty White and Cloris Leachman seem to be the healthiest other then the young whippersnapper in her 60's Georgia Engel.

There should be a thread for the Mary Tyler Moore cast.

Betty White and Cloris Leachman are both very old.

Ed Asner looks frail.

Valerie Harper has cancer.

Mary herself is pulling a Zsa Zsa.

It seems that only Gavin Macleod and Georgia Engel are safe from the Grim Reaper.

Gosh, maybe Valerie wasn't such a good choice.

Every week, there are tons of new articles about how she's feeling so well and not ready to die and how she's planning a bunch of new TV shows, blah blah blah.

Bleeding sucks, Val' gets the slow progression cancer, we lot invest heavily in her and it looks like Mary Tyler Moore will die before her. Work that f()cker out? Pisses me off big time...

Bleeding sucks, Val' gets the slow progression cancer, we lot invest heavily in her and it looks like Mary Tyler Moore will die before her. Work that f()cker out? Pisses me off big time...

You shouldn't be too pissed off; Afterall, you have Mary Tyler Moore on your shadow list (according to your signature).

Remember Valerie is still terminal and her medication could stop at any time leaving her with weeks to live.I left her off my DDP this year as I think she still has sometime left but I doubt she will last more than another couple of years.

Another article about how unlikely and miraculous her recovery has been:

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Valerie+Harper+kicking+fear+cancer+curb/10981933/story.html

Her doctor does not use the word 'remission' though, only "unexpected improvement".

Excellent observation GCR. I've called bs on her '3 mo to live brain cancer' be for a while now. Say what you want, it landed her a new sympathetic tv gig. I'm willing to call out Wilko as a fraud too. Or an embellisher.

SC

Hey SC. Don't be too hasty to judge. A friend of ours has cancer. Initially of the throat, that developed about Dec' 2013. Doctors said he had six moths to live. They got top side of that and gave him the all clear. Next check up found other sites had returned in lung and lymph nodes. He was given a month tops. Had more treatment then finally gave up on it expecting the worse. Took a nice holiday to Florida. Last check up shows that it's not progressed or changed and he is now in a strange sort of limbo land not knowing quite what to do for the future. Looks like he is planning another nice holiday.

• Like 1

Hey SC. Don't be too hasty to judge. A friend of ours has cancer. Initially of the throat, that developed about Dec' 2013. Doctors said he had six moths to live. They got top side of that and gave him the all clear. Next check up found other sites had returned in lung and lymph nodes. He was given a month tops. Had more treatment then finally gave up on it expecting the worse. Took a nice holiday to Florida. Last check up shows that it's not progressed or changed and he is now in a strange sort of limbo land not knowing quite what to do for the future. Looks like he is planning another nice holiday.

Aye, and let's not forget the king of miracle recovering, Ernest Saunders, damn near 25 years after his dementia kept him out of jail and still wandering the streets. Kelvin McKenzie's column yesterday mentioned him spotting Saunders looking fairly healthy and clearly getting about on his own a couple of weeks ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Saunders

Duly noted and that's great news.

SC

Aye, and let's not forget the king of miracle recovering, Ernest Saunders, damn near 25 years after his dementia kept him out of jail and still wandering the streets. Kelvin McKenzie's column yesterday mentioned him spotting Saunders looking fairly healthy and clearly getting about on his own a couple of weeks ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Saunders

And if the law were fair, they would jail him now for historical perjury.

Guest awesome guest

I hope your friend beats cancer and I wish him the best of luck

It seems that Harper revealed that she has made peace with her diagnosis and 'ready to go'.

This woman is the biggest deathlist tease. In 2014 she was at deaths door and was a shoe in for the 2015 list then she was feeling much better so she got left off a load of people's DDP teams and now she is saying her time has come.

If it is true then good call to the committee for keeping the faith and those of us who replaced her with MTM will hang our heads in shame.

It seems that Harper revealed that she has made peace with her diagnosis and 'ready to go'.

This woman is the biggest deathlist tease. In 2014 she was at deaths door and was a shoe in for the 2015 list then she was feeling much better so she got left off a load of people's DDP teams and now she is saying her time has come.

If it is true then good call to the committee for keeping the faith and those of us who replaced her with MTM will hang our heads in shame.

I have both Rhoda and Mary so I'm not worried a bit ;) I just hope Sue Ann, Lou and Phyllis don't die because I'm saving them for 2016 or later...

I have both Rhoda and Mary so I'm not worried a bit ;) I just hope Sue Ann, Lou and Phyllis don't die because I'm saving them for 2016 or later...

The biggest problem for me is she would wallop me for 18 points on the inverse deadpool and that looks like the only one I am in with a shout at winning.

Actually that's not what she's saying. On the contrary, it all seems to be very positive.

The Rhoda star explained that her rare form of cancer - called eptomeningeal carcinomatosis - isn't progressing, and doctors say they have never seen a patient quite like her.

It seems to be good news for the star, of late, as she shared that her doctors are happy with what they see.

.... However, despite the star's shining progress, she did share that she has made peace with her cancer diagnosis.

'I'm ready. I'm ready to go,' Valerie said. 'Maybe that’s the secret. That I'm absolutely - I don't want to, my God, I want to live to be 102.'

• Like 1

Guest awesome guest

This woman is the biggest deathlist tease

Zsa zsa Gabor anyone

Zsa zsa Gabor anyone

This seems more like a battle of will power than an active tease at least she or her creepy husband don't post lots of video stating that Zsa Zsa has suddenly taken up pole dancing. The games afoot and everyone knows how it will end it is just a matter of when.

Well, I don't know what these people thought, the medical info was there and it was obvious that she couldn't have been cured, despite all her optimism.

Leptomeningeal carcinomatosis is incurable and difficult to treat. Treatment goals include improvement or stabilization of the patient's neurologic status, prolongation of survival, and palliation.

Some clinicians are hesitant to even treat LC, given the short duration of survival and risk of neurotoxicity, but a high index of suspicion and prompt treatment can prevent serious and irreversible neurologic damage.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1156338-treatment#1

The only hope she had was that she did not have (and as far as I know, does not have) any metastases, in spite of the fact that this type of cancer tends to metastasize (unlike most other brain tumours) and people usually die of the systemic disease.

So the doctors might still be able to buy her some time, perhaps another year or more, but she will have to live with cancer (and treatments) for the rest of her life.

Valerie Harper was on CNN this morning talking about her battle with cancer, she looked very well. I wasn't able to listen to the whole interview so hopefully it's been posted online somewhere.

Guest Guest

Zsa zsa Gabor anyone

Zsa Zsa gabor dead at 123 .. march 28, 2040