CaptainChorizo

Valerie Harper

I wonder if the musical includes a renditition of "I will survive?"

Not that she'd be up for doing us a favour but if she performed: "I Will Survive Until Jan 21 2016" that might be a clue, eh?

Not that she'd be up for doing us a favour but if she performed: "I Will Survive Until Jan 21 2016" that might be a clue, eh?

Jan 21st? Do you like a three week grace period at the start of the year - any deaths before that which were on people's lists in the prior year is just irritating!! :)

ET quotes the show's artistic director as telling the audience: 'She wants all of you to know after some fluids and rest she hopes to be right back here on stage later this week.

Wow, that guy sounds a bit overly optimistic. Of course, there is nothing surprising in what happened; she was living with terminal brain cancer and was bound to have some problems at some point. Will she ever get back on stage or is it the time for a sweepstake?

"It doesn't look good" says a source:

http://www.etonline.com/news/168997_valerie_harper_rushed_to_hospital/

Post #59 in this thread (from me) linked to an article that said that Harper is not in remission, there was merely an "unexpected improvement". So the cancer is still in her head, pressing against her brain. She might have believed that she was better than she actually is.

Edit: Ah sorry, Chiesa, I was 10 seconds too late.

Edit 2: This is the old article: http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Valerie+Harper+kicking+fear+cancer+curb/10981933/story.html

Guest Guest

'not looking good' to being discharged in 18 minutes- who did she have as her doctor? Jesus?!

• Like 1

'not looking good' to being discharged in 18 minutes- who did she have as her doctor? Jesus?!

Her doctor never said anything like "not looking good"; ET attributed that quote to an anonymous source "close to her". That could have been the cleaning lady in the hospital, who saw her unconscious and drooling (if she suffered a seizure, not uncommon for brain cancers).

On the other hand, the cause was well-known (she's still under treatment for her cancer) so she was observed for a while and sent home to rest.

I guess they couldn't really do much even if they found out that her cancer is progressing, as its type and location restricts their treatment options.

• Like 2

I think it is impossible to predict how long she will last mainly because we don`t know what the drug is that is keeping her alive and even the Doctor`s don`t know how long it works and even when the drug is well established no one knows only guesses.One things for sure though as soon as the cancer outsmarts the drug it will be weeks at best.Also Valerie is always incredibly optimistic and on tone and body language you would not know anything was wrong but she has dropped a couple of hints.One when she said I am ready to die earlier this year and the second was when she had a minor stroke last year.She is clearly putting on a brave face and has incredible gusto and determination but you can`t outsmart cancer on that basis alone sadly.

• Like 2

She's now reportedly in a coma.

Wow... could this be it for Valerie?

It's unlikely that she'll spend over 6 months in a coma and beat Bobbi Kristina to become the Celeb Coma Queen of Twenty-Fifteen.

Not sure I believe that she is in a coma.I haven`t seen any major news sources carrying it and anonymous sources have to be taken at face value.Not that I would be surprised if it was true.

Another quote from ET. Goddammit quit that already........

ET now announcing both her arms have fallen off!

SC

• Like 1

Another quote from ET. Goddammit quit that already........

ET now announcing both her arms have fallen off!

SC

So he returned to the planet and is now a showbiz correspondent?

• Like 1

Probably another website one is wise to disregard... Entertainment Tonight that is...

• Like 2

I am vindicated. TYVM. Post shit from ET at your own peril.
SC