CaptainChorizo

Valerie Harper

11 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

May well struggle to make to Christmas let alone New Year.

So an extra week?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

May well struggle to make to Christmas let alone New Year.

IBMLcSeoBlDGg.gif

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

According to her Facebook page, she has been placed in hospice care

• Sad 1

Her husband is not putting her into yet, but it’s pretty clear that she’s going this year. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Who goes first, her or Blanco?

Because it's almost August and they are just talking about putting her in hospice (which can have life expectancy up to 6 months) I feel she has a realistic chance to see 2020, certainly more so than Blanco.  Definitely a dead cert and Drop 40 virtually guaranteed if she does.

58 minutes ago, JiroemonKimura said:

Because it's almost August and they are just talking about putting her in hospice (which can have life expectancy up to 6 months) I feel she has a realistic chance to see 2020, certainly more so than Blanco.  Definitely a dead cert and Drop 40 virtually guaranteed if she does.

I just wanted to clarify, as this was a bit of a misnomer.
Hospice is offered to those who are 'expected to live 6 months or less'.  This is somewhat different than the bolded text above.
SC

• Like 1

On 30/12/2018 at 04:34, Sir Creep said:

I have a sneaking suspicion Harper is going to falter later in the year (2019) and play a role  in some games where someone near the top took a chance.  It won't be me....but the discussion about her changing treatments cuz the first one quit working, well, seems important.  I simply couldn't find much follow up info re: that particular fact, at least outta her trap.
SC

Potentially a spot on Sir Creep prediction here.

Anyone notice DLers are really good at casually predicting the prognosis for folk they dont actually pick?

• Like 1

80 today:birthday: valerie

• Like 6

Funny, she was among the first I officially locked for the DDP yesterday, expecting her to not make the starting line...

On 22/08/2019 at 00:53, Philip said:

80 today:birthday: valerie

At least she got to celebrate her big birthday before she died.R.I.,P :(

Thank you for giving us our 7th hit of the year though. 

• Like 1

I’m guessing her new treatment didn’t work.

Good to know if family member has brain C ‘whatever that shite they gave Valerie, we don’t want that.’

SC

Sad if unsurprising loss. Pretty remarkable how modern medicine took her from a months to live prognosis in her mid 70s to (barely) seeing 80.

• Like 1

Years in the waiting and yet a huge loss now she has gone.

Rhoda was just one of those shows we didn't miss in my house. Plus I thought Carlton the Doorman had a hot voice. Yes, I may only have been 9 or 10 but hey....;)

Sassy and brilliant. RIP pretty lady.

What a shame. She did well to last 6 years past a ''months to live'' diagnosis tho.

Just a few months ago I started watching Mary Tyler Moore Show reruns again, on Decades TV weekdays at 1. Now that I'm back in school, I can only see it on Fridays. Was looking forward today to seeing one of the best episodes, imho, '''My Brother's Keeper'', where Rhoda and Phyllis's brother hit it off - Phyllis is terrified of her brother dating Rhoda, but is quite relieved when it turns out he is gay. Pretty bold plot for 1973.

Didn't get to see it tho as I spent the day downtown with my friend who goes to UIC. Fuck sake, didn't think I'd disappoint Rhoda so much that she would up and die, smh.

RIP Valerie Harper.

35 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Sad if unsurprising loss. Pretty remarkable how modern medicine took her from a months to live prognosis in her mid 70s to (barely) seeing 80.

Remarkable what a sitcom stars pension can afford 

Sad news, though she did well to hang on as long as she did. I adored Rhoda.

Of course, she would go and die the year we didn't have her on our list... Nevertheless, RIP.