Phantom

Charles Aznavour

Until I glanced at the list this morning, I always thought Charles Aznavour was dead.

• Like 1

Charles Aznavour is getting on a bit as well. I had no idea the man who sang Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee was 83.

By the way Charles Aznavour is long in the tooth now, too, but I can't find any health reports about him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Aznavour

Unless he suffers from a sudden illness or a fall Charles Aznavour should be around a while yet. He seems to appear on 'Vivement Dimanche' every other week and is in fine fettle.

Cahrles Aznavour and Tony Bennett (both on the 2014 list) are just about the last of the classic crooners so I will go against the spirit of DeathList and say that I hope they both survive the year. :)

In fact, I'd like to see them outlast some of those upstart whippersnappers like Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis... :evil:

Cahrles Aznavour and Tony Bennett (both on the 2014 list) are just about the last of the classic crooners so I will go against the spirit of DeathList and say that I hope they both survive the year. :)

In fact, I'd like to see them outlast some of those upstart whippersnappers like Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis... :evil:

Compared to Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis, Aznavour and Bennett both had fairly clean living.

Yes, it gives 'em an advantage. The years are starting to catch up with the early rockers and, I imagine not that many 1960s performers will hit their 80s.

Have no idea his chances but like seeing someone from a New Wave French film on the list.

Guest Matthew

Charles Aznavore is still touring! Royal Albert Hall in June - although it is booked as his Farewell concert, I don't think that means he will be croaking any time soon.

Guest Guest

It's always possible he might drop dead without warning but then again any of us could.But probably won't

Yes, it gives 'em an advantage. The years are starting to catch up with the early rockers and, I imagine not that many 1960s performers will hit their 80s.

One Everly Brother down already. :) I wonder how many more 1950s/1960s rockers the crooners on our list will outlast?

Charles was the first victim in the film And then there were none based on the Agatha Christie novel Ten Little Indians. He sings at a piano but the recording used on the soundtrack has a full orchestral backing.

Charles Aznavore is still touring! Royal Albert Hall in June - although it is booked as his Farewell concert, I don't think that means he will be croaking any time soon.

Today I saw a billboard here in Berlin, where he's going to perform in May ("first time in 12 years!"). It's very unlikely that he's close to death.

Well, I can remember seeing a poster once advertising an entertainer's appearance, and they didn't make it to that date. And they were in their 90s too.

Well, I can remember seeing a poster once advertising an entertainer's appearance, and they didn't make it to that date. And they were in their 90s too.

Aznavour is 89

Boo the fuck hoo.

Today I saw a billboard here in Berlin, where he's going to perform in May ("first time in 12 years!"). It's very unlikely that he's close to death.

I remember seeing a poster advertising the long stint of Michael Jackson at the O2.............ahem.........

• Like 3

Interview with him in Berlin newspaper "Der Tagesspiegel" (in german):

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/weltspiegel/sonntag/charles-aznavour-ich-rede-hier-von-liebe-von-tiefer-liebe/9905002.html

He's just about to give his concert here at his 90th birthday, also talks about "how many children he really has and why he gets into every gay bar. And why he wants to meet Angela Merkel."

He's also working on a new album and on three (!) new stage shows (in France, in New York and in Toronto)

Guest Guest

Interview with him in Berlin newspaper "Der Tagesspiegel" (in german):

http://www.tagesspie...be/9905002.html

He's just about to give his concert here at his 90th birthday, also talks about "how many children he really has and why he gets into every gay bar. And why he wants to meet Angela Merkel."

He's also working on a new album and on three (!) new stage shows (in France, in New York and in Toronto)

in other words confirming that this will be one of the worst ever year for deathlist. thanks . we should get the 3rd hit around october at this rate! :banghead:

Let me guess the artists collaborating with him on this new album_ Wilko Johnson Vera Lynn Tony Bennett and.B.B King ?

• Like 2

Guest D Lemon

The French are a bunch of Queers suprised AIDS has not ended his life.

That would be because he doesn't have AIDS.

Oh, and you misspelled surprised...

That would be because he doesn't have AIDS.

Oh, and you misspelled surprised...

Quelle surprise...

regards.

Hein

• Like 1

Is he French, I thought he was Armenian or summat like that.

• Like 1