I'm only judging his fame by the size of his Wikipedia page, but The Simpsons executive producer Sam Simon might be worth keeping under observation.

He has provided a photo of his medication on his Twitter page (you need to go through his media gallary to see). There is rather a lot of it and the only pills I could make out the name of are used to combat nausea during and after chemotherapy.

Simon is one of the show's three creators (as with many successful things, he's the one who got screwed over, albeit not financially) and has done a lot of charity work so an obit seems pretty likely. None of the show's main writers have died so it's hard to judge, but I remember the Mail running a piece when one of them got married, so it's probable a lot of them would.

More speculation here (including a picture of him walking with a cane...)

P.S. Can we change the thread name to something not shit? The Simpsons (and other animation) or something like that?

Good find regarding Simon. He'll definitely get the obit, the Simpsons are so iconic that anyone with a major enough role will.

And here's even clearer...

Howard Stern Show regular Sam Simon revealed Monday that doctors estimate he has only months to live now that the colorectal cancer he was diagnosed with in 2012 has now metastasized and spread to his other organs.

Could make for a great joker if he sees the 2014 start line.

Update on Sam Simon. The gist: he's fighting, and has surpassed the initial 6 month diagnosis, but he knows he isn't going to be around for all that much longer and so is giving away all his money.

Sad to hear about Sam Simon he seems like a genuinely nice bloke - if he makes 2014 he will be nearly everyone`s DDP Joker though (assuming Wilko Johnson and Valerie Harper are no longer with us that is).

I like his inclusion. Interesting to track some under 85 types. Good chance for success as well me thinks.

It was a toss up between sam simon and wilko johnson for my joker, I chose wilko simply because I really can't see him surviving this year however sam simon might surprise a few people.

He retweeted something about a deathpool so i think he knows he is on here .

Simon's Twitter in general is great for a trickle of information to discuss. A couple weeks ago he posted a picture of a bottle of his drained abdominal fluids, from a process he undergoes weekly.

Simon's Twitter in general is great for a trickle of information to discuss. A couple weeks ago he posted a picture of a bottle of his drained abdominal fluids, from a process he undergoes weekly.

Ah.

Sounds like a bit of a tink.

From his Twitter feed

26f03b5053f378a05fabcba3a8cfd927_normal.jpegSam SimonVerified account@simonsam

You guys r welcome to take me in your death pools, but you don't have to tell me about it. #rude #hopeulose #georgewendt

1:09 PM - 12 Jan 14

Haha........ great. Hey at least I didn't put you as my joker, Sam! I'll only be getting "half points" compared to all the people that did. I hope that little consolatory crumb makes you feel a bit better. But not too much, obviously.

• Like 1

Just for that I'm gonna put another bit of peat on the fire :D

Remember Sam, fossil fuel is the ultimate renewable fuel thumbupyellow.gif

And I don't care if the planet is ash by the next time it is ready for 'harvesting'.

Guest Guest

Dead excited about going to Itchy and Scratchy Land.

you idiot.its people like you that ruin forums :banghead:

you idiot.its people like you that ruin forums :banghead:

:D

LOL

Fuck it, might as well suggest other obituaries for him here.

"Stop, stop, he's already dead"

What about that tattoo on your chest? Doesn't it say "Die Sam, die"?

No, it's German for "The Sam, the".

• Like 2

Don't cry for him, he's already dead.

Alternatively:

Sam Simon Died on the Way Back to his Home Planet

• Like 1

"Sam Simon, or "Simey," as he liked to be called, taught us that a man can triumph over adversity. And even though Sam's agonizing struggle through life was tragically cut short, I'm sure he's looking down on this right now..."

• Like 3