But if you still want tweets, you could also follow his staff and friends at http://twitter.com/samsimonnews and his girlfriend at http://twitter.com/katastraphe007 . They might be the first channels to announce his eventual demise...

Yes, we know it won't be him. ;)

Well, some people expect the bad news to be announced on his channel.

Is it bad that I'm literally checking his Twitter account every half hour just waiting to see the tweet "Sam passed away peacefully today at __PM in his sleep".

To be fair, it's possible that he has given the password to his girlfriend so she can break the bad news and close the acct afterwards, but she may need some time to regain her composure after his death. We'll see.

But if you still want tweets, you could also follow his staff and friends at http://twitter.com/samsimonnews and his girlfriend at http://twitter.com/katastraphe007 . They might be the first channels to announce his eventual demise...

Having said that .... it probably will be him in a way, as no doubt he's got it all prepared, his famous last words and all that shit.

Having said that .... it probably will be him in a way, as no doubt he's got it all prepared, his famous last words and all that shit.

I don't know, his girlfriend kinda behaves as if he was dead already, posting selfies of Sam+her together and stating how much she adores(/d) him. Maybe he is unconscious/heavily sedated and preparing for a long journey. At least otherwise it's hard to explain why she should be "reminiscing" instead of spending his last days together.

http://t.co/VnjRvdNWyk

The past tense of her tweet speaks volumes..It is almost like she is saying goodbye to him through her tweets so he is probably comatose. John Blaine also said earlier this week "don`t you dare leave us".Endless declarations of love and pleading is never a good sign.

The past tense of her tweet speaks volumes..It is almost like she is saying goodbye to him through her tweets so he is probably comatose. John Blaine also said earlier this week "don`t you dare leave us".Endless declarations of love and pleading is never a good sign.

FFS sake, I've spent years perfecting that chat up technique and you diss it in one thoughtless sentence!

• Like 8

Back on topic, if Simon is about to go, he'll be an interesting evening up scorer on the Deathrace, none of the top four have him as joker, though he is a popular joker pick, meaning some of the lower orders will start amassing a decent pointage:

Sam Simon – bk*, dd, di, ds*, dt, ef, mp*, ra, sd, te*, to*, um*, us, wt *

* = Joker, obviously

Back on topic, if Simon is about to go, he'll be an interesting evening up scorer on the Deathrace, none of the top four have him as joker, though he is a popular joker pick, meaning some of the lower orders will start amassing a decent pointage:

* = Joker, obviously

Damn that will screw up my best ever Deathlist performance then unless the other celebrity bed blocker Leslie Philips can beat him to it.

* = Joker, obviously

Damn that will screw up my best ever Deathlist performance then unless the other celebrity bed blocker Leslie Philips can beat him to it.

Yeah, but there's so much random talent in there that a few local heroes might yet throw some curve balls at the score board.

That kiddie-fiddling former mayor of Devizes is still breathing, right?

RIP :(

He was one of the few people I REALLY, REALLY liked from the Deathlist/My Personal Deathlist.

Some others are: Mary Tyler Moore (big fan), Valerie Harper (as you may have guessed by now, I loved the MTM Show), Pope Francis (pretty cool guy for a pope).

Sad news, seems fitting that i'm sat watching the Simpson's as i found out the news RIP.

It is with much sadness that we must let you know that Sam Simon has passed over. We all miss him, and in his honor, we will continue bringing his vision to light through our work at The Sam Simon Foundation. We take comfort in knowing how many greetings he is receiving across that Rainbow Bridge. We love you Sam!

• Like 1

It is with much sadness that we must let you know that Sam Simon has passed over. We all miss him, and in his honor, we will continue bringing his vision to light through our work at The Sam Simon Foundation. We take comfort in knowing how many greetings he is receiving across that Rainbow Bridge. We love you Sam!

That's a nice tribute. They're showing the Simpsons almost every night here, I wonder if they're work in some sort of dedication to him or re-run the episodes that he wrote.

Guest Guest

Oh my giddy aunt.That's 2 hits in 10 days. We're cooking on gas !

PS condolences to the family of Sam Simon, obviously :(

RIP Sam. As someone who likes to ignore his own mortality and who avoids thinking seriously about illnesses (as opposed to the snarky way on this forum), Sam's reports on his cancer were a last service to me.

And thank you for the animals and the Simpsons.

TS1_ES_Simon.jpg

Will this be the front page photo?

• Like 1

The Sam Simon Foundation

Not a surprise, but still kind of sad. I voted for him on the "who will be the second hit?" contest, but was secretly hoping that he'd get a few more weeks and that Mugabe, Bhumibol Adulyadej or Fidel Castro would predecease him.

On a related note, congratulations to Vaagheid - who got the day right in addition to winning the contest!

He was the one who inspired me to become a vegetarian.

• Like 2

RIP Sam Simon, we will miss you hard, you were like a mascott for us deathlister.

on a side note, sad he couldn't wait 4 more days to pass away (would have made an unlucky 13th bonus)

warm condolences to its family

• Like 1

Sad to see him go. I really liked the Simpsons since it first aired. RIP Mr. Simon. :(