She might not have made the cut for the 2014 DeathList but I feel Gudrun Ure deserves her own thread. So there.

• Like 1

Don't wanna cause a ruckus with B.A. Baracus...

• Like 1

supergran2.jpg

Totally uncalled for photo of Gudrun Ure with a younger person (now long dead),

• Like 1

Starting a thread for the new honorary inheritor of the Clive Dunn chair.

Ain't gonna happen, besides, I'm sure there is already a thread for her.

Just found it and it was YOU that started it on 1st January 2014.

• Like 3

um, see the "New Dunn" thread. I'll let you and Maryport argue it out...

Bugger me, I just did a search and couldn"t find anything.

Bugger me, I just did a search and couldn"t find anything.

I'll get onto my laptop and merge the threads.

• Like 1

Actually, I've changed my mind as when they do get merged, the thread wont make any sense.

? You did merge them cunto!!

Bless him; he's had a drink and been to bed since then. :lol:

I was looking at some of the posts on the 'new Dunn' thread. Cunty mcfuck.

I was looking at some of the posts on the 'new Dunn' thread. Cunty mcfuck.

Well, at least that is Scottish swearing, so it is appropriate for a Supergran thread....

Is she related to Midge Ure? I think my life has met its quota of knowing people with the surname Ure.

SC

Guest Guest

She might not have made the cut for the 2014 DeathList but I feel Gudrun Ure deserves her own thread. So there.

is there particular reason to believe she might die soon or is this yet another random thread started for nothing? :)

is there particular reason to believe she might die soon or is this yet another random thread started for nothing? :)

See the last 2 pages of the "New Dunn" thread starting from here onwards for further details. :)

Well, some folk on the 2015 Deathlist had threads started on here by others, so if you believe that reminds passing Committee members that the person exists, Ure now having a thread increases her chances for selection on the 2016 list from "sod all" to "slightly more than sod all".

• Like 1

Well, some folk on the 2015 Deathlist had threads started on here by others, so if you believe that reminds passing Committee members that the person exists, Ure now having a thread increases her chances for selection on the 2016 list from "sod all" to "slightly more than sod all".

I am not against the prospect of including Gudrun Ure next year but I think it would be helpful if we can establish some information about her current activity, location and health.

Possibility of this being ignored by all media outside of Scotland.

As far as I can ascertain Ure now lives in London, but she seems quite happy living in relative obscurity these days. She doesn't appeared to have made any TV appearances since a 2009 cup of coffee in "Casualty", she seems to have only given one interview in the past 15 years... I can't even find the name of her husband online, just that he too was an actor.

I don't know her, but from casually looking on the Internet for her, she strikes me as someone who might have died some time ago unnoticed.

Her last credited acting role appears to be (according to wiki) in the 10th Kingdom which was broadcast in 2000 but I would have thought that she would at least have been noted if she were to die.

Her last credited acting role appears to be (according to wiki) in the 10th Kingdom which was broadcast in 2000 but I would have thought that she would at least have been noted if she were to die.

IMDb has her latest appearance to be in Casualty in 2009

I am not against the prospect of including Gudrun Ure next year but I think it would be helpful if we can establish some information about her current activity, location and health.

Possibility of this being ignored by all media outside of Scotland.

The Scotsman, Herald and Daily Record, which would all cover her death, count for the DDP.

She was known to be alive around 2011/2012, but is quite a private person. It was quite a big show here though, it'd get covered.

Plus she had quite a decent stage career in the 1950s (including starring alongside Orson Welles in Othello), and The Stage does not miss a single death of that stripe.

Good anecdotes from Wikipedia about that Othello production:

"Stories about Orson's rehearsals quickly became London legends: wielding an enormous long stick from his seat in the front rows to direct and guide his actors where he wanted them to move; disappearing for days before opening night; forgetting his own lines; changing his own entrances from stage left, then stage right, from the back curtains, down stairways, without telling his cast in advance where he would appear, so as to keep them alert; having an enormous picnic hamper prepared at...The Ivy delivered to the theater each day packed with his individual lunch, which consisted of large sherried oysters, pâté de foie gras, a wheel of Runesten cheese, and other delicacies and always accompanied by a bucket of chilled Pouilly-Fumé or a Musigny Blanc."[4]
The play experienced some problems. On the opening night, Welles mistook his cue, and accidentally walked on to the stage much too early, just after curtain up. Realising his mistake, he froze in front of the audience, exclaimed "Fuck!", and exited while audience members asked "Did he just say what I thought he said?" In another performance, Welles so vigorously banged Gudrun Ure's head against a wall during the murder scene that members of the audience protested, and Welles had to apologise after the show, citing having got carried away.[5]

• Like 1