Her last credited acting role appears to be (according to wiki) in the 10th Kingdom which was broadcast in 2000 but I would have thought that she would at least have been noted if she were to die.

IMDb has her latest appearance to be in Casualty in 2009

Casualty is always a difficult one to call because it could be anytime from early ninties onwards.

Her last credited acting role appears to be (according to wiki) in the 10th Kingdom which was broadcast in 2000 but I would have thought that she would at least have been noted if she were to die.

Casualty is always a difficult one to call because it could be anytime from early ninties onwards.

Yeah, and if she was really comatose she could have played someone comatose!

The episode was The Devil You Know, it was first broadcast on Saturday 28th November 2009 as Radio Times Genome confirms (although they can't spell her name right).

The episode was The Devil You Know, it was first broadcast on Saturday 28th November 2009 as Radio Times Genome confirms (although they can't spell her name right).

Aston Villa entertain fellow top-four hopefuls Spurs

lel

I am presuming that the Radio Times Genome uses some sort of scanning software because the whole thing is littered with spelling mistakes.I do like Katie McFath for Katie McGrath in Merlin.

I am presuming that the Radio Times Genome uses some sort of scanning software because the whole thing is littered with spelling mistakes.I do like Katie McFath for Katie McGrath in Merlin.

Either that or lousy typehand shortists. :D

As far as I can ascertain Ure now lives in London, but she seems quite happy living in relative obscurity these days. She doesn't appeared to have made any TV appearances since a 2009 cup of coffee in "Casualty", she seems to have only given one interview in the past 15 years... I can't even find the name of her husband online, just that he too was an actor.

She would be married under Ann Gudren , the name she was using at the time.

And if the committee go for a Saint&Greavsie double, could we not hope for a Gudren double?

Himmler's daughter is knocking on a bit too.

Either that or lousy typehand shortists. :D

The use OCR software and admit that there is the likelihood of errors and spelling mistakes. So they say we can edit the site to correct it if we would like. Where do they think they are going to find a bunch of obsessive list makers who are willing to spend ages writing corrections for information about programmes that haven't seen the light of day for thirty years.

I'm sure there must be such a group of people. Somewhere....

• Like 4

Lively old thread over the last couple of days.

Mebbe our work here is Dunn (arf!)

• Like 2

Maryport, are you actually on the hallowed DL Committee? Can you make Paul Bearer see the error of his ways and make Supergran our new Dunn? :D

We need to raise her profile in the National Media.

Could we perhaps suggest that in some way Jeremy Corbyn has done her some wrong and then the papers will be all over her.

Alternativlely Nicola Sturgeon should invite her to tour the Scottish Parliament building.

Well, some folk on the 2015 Deathlist had threads started on here by others, so if you believe that reminds passing Committee members that the person exists, Ure now having a thread increases her chances for selection on the 2016 list from "sod all" to "slightly more than sod all".

I am not against the prospect of including Gudrun Ure next year but I think it would be helpful if we can establish some information about her current activity, location and health.

Possibility of this being ignored by all media outside of Scotland.

Supergran was aired in Australia and was fairly popular here. I'd wager Gudrun will receive an obit down under when she goes.

Supergran was the final television appearence of Patrick Troughton.

One episode featured Gary Glitter.

Maryport, are you actually on the hallowed DL Committee? Can you make Paul Bearer see the error of his ways and make Supergran our new Dunn? :D

Nope, not on that hallowed ground or even allowed to know when and where, maybe when I've proven my staying power and clocked up a few more posts. eh?

• Like 3

Nope, not on that hallowed ground or even allowed to know when and where, maybe when I've proven my staying power and clocked up a few more posts. eh?

Only another 8000 posts to go. ;-)

Only another 8000 posts to go. ;-)

C'mon Paul. Make Supergran our pin-up girl. You know you want to....

A Scottish woman named Gudrun? I wonder if she has Scandinavian roots...

Possible, cos the words Scotland/Scottish and Gudrun don't usually turn up in the same sentence (apologies for any non-footy-fan on whom that gag is wasted)

• Like 3

Ha fuckin ha Mary.

MacLeod is Scandinavian. 'Son of the ugly one' :) , and by Christ , up here, I get to use that every single cunting day.

• Like 1

I made the mistake of watching the opening credits to Supergran on Youtube the other day and now can't get the theme song out of my head.

Do you think that you would still get away with including the phrase "bunch of fairies" in a kids TV theme tune these days even if you are Billy Connolly and it is the only thing that rhymes with United Dairies?

I made the mistake of watching the opening credits to Supergran on Youtube the other day and now can't get the theme song out of my head.

Do you think that you would still get away with including the phrase "bunch of fairies" in a kids TV theme tune these days even if you are Billy Connolly and it is the only thing that rhymes with United Dairies?

Never. But for some reason this reminded me of the theme tune to Storybook International - 'I'm a storyteller, and my stories must be told' - except my old man sings his own version that begins 'I'm a dildo seller, and my dildos must be sold'. So that's given me a tea time laugh, thanks :)

• Like 1

Starting a thread for the new honorary inheritor of the Clive Dunn chair.

So much for that............... :rolleyes:

Starting a thread for the new honorary inheritor of the Clive Dunn chair.

So much for that............... :rolleyes:

I blame Paul Bearer for that :rant: (but I forgive him.)

• Like 1