Estuarian Float

Film Producers

Steve Christian (IMDB), British film producer and former executive at Pinewood Studios, has died aged 53. 

24 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Steve Christian (IMDB), British film producer and former executive at Pinewood Studios, has died aged 53. 

Exec produced Churchill: The Hollywood Years. It's a marmite film, you know. I thought at the time it was hilarious, and every single other person in the world hated it. :lol:

Fred Weintraub, producer of Enter The Dragon, has died aged 88, complications arising from Parkinson's disease.

He was also the founder of The Bitter End in Greenwich Village, which hosted a multitude of musicians and comedians, many of whom became major stars.

JD Disalvatore, whose battle with cancer surprisingly made its way into the Daily Mail last year with a "dying woman saves cute animals" angle, has died at 51. While the Mail called her "Armageddon filmmaker", she only worked behind the scenes on that, and her actual filmography was mainly limited release LGBT dramas. Be interesting to see if the Mail goes for the follow up, but I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

George Englund (IMDb), an American film producer whose films include The Ugly American and Zachariah, has died aged 92 - a hit in the 20/20 pool.

I knew him more as Cloris Leachman's husband.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

I knew him more as Cloris Leachman's husband.

You didn't know him you fanny

• Haha 1

Robert A. Goldston, producer of Georgy Girl died Saturday, aged 88. Also involved in theatre & TV productions.

Howard Gottfried (IMDb), producer of films including the Oscar winning NetworkAltered States and Body Double, has died aged 94.

Edit: Daily Mail obituary.

• Like 1

Allison Shearmur, who produced the “Hunger Games” films, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” and the upcoming “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” died Friday at UCLA Medical Center of complications from lung cancer. She was 54.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/allison-shearmur-dead-dies-star-wars-hunger-games-1202670745/

Death Notice for Robin Douet, production manager/supervisor on The Man Who Would Be King, Brimstone And Treacle and Local Hero, as well as producer of (gulp) Shanghai Surprise, aged 86. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thetimes-uk/obituary.aspx?n=robin-douet&pid=187934977

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0234787/

Harry J. Ufland, Scorcese collaborator best known for producing The Last Temptation of Christ, has died aged 91.

He'll know by now if it really was blasphemous.

• Thanks 1

Craig Zadan (IMDB), American film producer whose films included FootlooseChicago and Hairsprayhas died aged 69. Additionally, he was the producer of The Oscars from 2013-2015. 

Edit: Daily Mail obituary.

Jo Gilbert, the Norn film producer who popularised the Isle of Man as a film location dead at 63.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/producer-who-brought-film-world-to-northern-ireland-dies-at-63-37341938.html

* things you never knew.....

She was married for 20 years when younger, to a son of Donald Sinden, Marc.

Marc and his bro sang on the na na na na part of Hey Jude.

Take that for a tenuous Death Curse Mary :D

I'm still working on the Isle of Man being a popular film location.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

One of my favourite films is Waking Ned which, although set in Ireland, was filmed on the Isle of Man.

It's a very funny film which never fails to lift my spirits.  It also contains an excellent funeral scene, which I won't spoil here.

ETA  Our own Manx Minx might have some input here.  @Handrejka

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Toast said:

One of my favourite films is Waking Ned which, although set in Ireland, was filmed on the Isle of Man.

It's a very funny film which never fails to lift my spirits.  It also contains an excellent funeral scene, which I won't spoil here.

That was a grand movie indeed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Why is that such a hard concept to understand?

The Isle of Man may only be small but has a wide variety of scenery, is relatively quiet and crime free, and there are probably tax incentives involved in filming here too.  

It can be a fucking nuisance at times though. I've accidentally wandered on the set of one film, and another time when they filming the Spooks film in the building next to where I lived we all got letters about not being able to leave the house at certain times because they were filming. 

Strangely, Hitchcock's The Manxman was filmed in Cornwall.

• Like 2

Gary Kurtz, producer of the 4th and 5th Star Wars movies, among others, has died of cancer aged 78.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Gary Kutz, producer of the 4th and 5th Star Sars movies, among others, has died of cancer aged 78.

Oh no, Stars Sars is the only thing worse than Jar Jar Binks...

4 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Gary Kutz, producer of the 4th and 5th Star Sars movies, among others, has died of cancer aged 78.

The Dark Crystal as well.

• Like 1