Magicians And Hypnotists

Well, as I once said, 'Abracadaver! 

....and he's gone!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well, as I once said, 'Abracadaver! 

....and he's gone!

Which would be one of the many many reasons you are a BT engineer not a professional magician*

*fairly certain you once posted that you were stuck waiting in your van somewhere.

2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Which would be one of the many many reasons you are a BT engineer not a professional magician*

*fairly certain you once posted that you were stuck waiting in your van somewhere.

I haven't been an engineer for, oh, close to two years now.

I am now in the world of the self employed, fly by the seat of your pants and hope for the best etc.

Sometimes I'd kinda like to be somewhere, stuck in my van, again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Nah, Siegfried and Roy were confirmed cunthounds. Look at these proper men's men:

Siegfried & Roy's Roy Horn Dead at 75 From COVID-19 Complications - Rolling  Stone

Andrew Ridgeley on the right!

A quick Google suggests that the tiger sanctuary at the Mirage hotel in Vegas is still there?

I visited about 15 years ago, but surely this isn't sustainable in the future given the advances in efforts to shut them all down by the likes of Carole Baskin et al. I agree that a tiger's place is in the wild, though there are many more tigers in captivity in the U.S. alone than there are in the wild across the entire world, and conserving those wild populations is becoming challenging. Tigers are still hunted sadly. Finding a solution is tricky, but the days of Siegfried & Roy/traveling circuses that use tigers in live entertainment are pretty much gone.

Interestingly, he beats out Captain Tom to become the first ever "indirect covid" DDP hit, ie someone who didn't die of covid but was only picked because of it. Because Roy died of covid and Siegfried was a unique for a "surviving halves of famous pairs" theme team.

• Like 1

I just hope that where ever Siegfried and Roy may be that there are endless Tigers there and not a single thing they do will be able to calm them. That is all.

35 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

I just hope that where ever Siegfried and Roy may be that there are endless Tigers there and not a single thing they do will be able to calm them. That is all.

Both still in Vegas, naturally - Siggy on a slab for now, while Roy's presumably still hanging out in an urn in his chum's bedroom.  I wouldn't be surprised if they both get shipped off to the Secret Garden at the Mirage now, so your wish may come true.

51 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Both still in Vegas, naturally - Siggy on a slab for now, while Roy's presumably still hanging out in an urn in his chum's bedroom.  I wouldn't be surprised if they both get shipped off to the Secret Garden at the Mirage now, so your wish may come true.

I take the implication here is they were slightly more than 'professional partners'? 

Oh just realise they were a couple but split in 1998, seems weird to keep your exes ashes.  

No information elsewhere yet but according to Teller, of Penn & Teller, magician Mark Wilson has died.  Widely credited as being the first major "television magician".

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The magician and founder of The Magic Castle, Milt Larsen, recently turned 90 years old and they had a virtual bday celebration for him. In the video, there are some older notable stars including Wink Martindale and the Disney songwriter, Richard M. Sherman.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/off-broadway/article/VIDEO-Neil-Patrick-Harris-Leonard-Maltin-David-Copperfield-and-More-Take-Part-in-Milt-Larsens-90th-Birthday-Celebration-20210416

• Like 1

Eric Lindsay, British born actor and magician known as Zee from Zee & Co, Stage Obituary: https://www.thestage.co.uk/obituaries--archive/obituaries/eric-lindsay

Appeared in Taggart and was also an uncredited attendant in Revelation Of The Daleks for Doctor Who IMdB says. Also appeared with Bela Lugosi in the British stage tour of Dracula in 1951.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Eric Lindsay, British born actor and magician known as Zee from Zee & Co, Stage Obituary: https://www.thestage.co.uk/obituaries--archive/obituaries/eric-lindsay

Appeared in Taggart and was also an uncredited attendant in Revelation Of The Daleks for Doctor Who IMdB says. Also appeared with Bela Lugosi in the British stage tour of Dracula in 1951.

Found a death date for Eric Lindsay of 19 June: https://ericlindsay.wordpress.com/2021/06/20/farewell-dear-friend/

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The Stage obit says 18th at the bottom?

I’ve submitted to IMDb. They’ve been quite good lately. The Kim Clifford page finally got updated.

Well, who knows? It'll pop up on Find A Will or The Gazette in due course, I'd imagine. Might be a mistype on one or the other, certainly I'd prefer family and friends notifications....

Interesting chap, apparently Ken Dodd engineered his big break as a magician, and Danny La Rue's dress designer also designed Mr Lindsay's fabulous costumes. Simpler magic for simpler times, but nonethless not forgotten.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Apparently it's the Taggart with a young Bobby Carlyle as a fascist. I've seen that a few times (as the plot is quite complicated, even for an early Taggart) but I can't place your man's character.

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Apparently it's the Taggart with a young Bobby Carlyle as a fascist. I've seen that a few times (as the plot is quite complicated, even for an early Taggart) but I can't place your man's character.

Was it not Cracker that Carlyle played a fascist. Or was he one in Taggart as well ?

Just now, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Was it not Cracker that Carlyle played a fascist. Or was he one in Taggart as well ?

Both. In 1990 he played a far right politician (who def wasn't based on any of the national front/BNP types, honest) trying to stoke up divisions in Maryhill. He's one of the episode red herrings (apologies for spoiling a 30+ year old drama sod all of you will ever watch!). 

• Like 1

Also whenever this thread gets bumped up, I keep thinking that's David Berglas had it. 

On 07/07/2021 at 13:20, msc said:

Also whenever this thread gets bumped up, I keep thinking that's David Berglas had it. 

I'm the same but for Wayne Dobson !

10 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I'm the same but for Wayne Dobson !

You did that deliberately ya bastard! And it worked too! I legit went "berglas?':D

• Haha 1

Stage obit for magician Larry Parker aged 92: https://www.thestage.co.uk/obituaries--archive/obituaries/larry-parker

Also wrote kids' stories and read some of them on Jackanory back in the day. The name might not be familiar but he was around for ages on the tellybox while I was growing up.

Good Old Days here is an example:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1